Jimmy Butler to the Twolves

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Looks like I was wrong. The Bulls intend to bring back Mirotic.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So basically the bulls traded butler for an athletic version of Keith van horn...if the bulls did this to tank, then it's a good trade.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
The #1 pick next year according to draftexpress is a white, euro player.

No wonder the Bulls decided to tank.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
The #1 pick next year according to draftexpress is a white, euro player.

No wonder the Bulls decided to tank.

It was my understanding that Michael Porter Jr was the clear #1 next year- 6'11" perimeter guy who draws comparisons to KD if that does anything for you.

I believe that Ayton who is going to Arizona is a crazy good 7 footer who looks a lot like Embiid after watching him in McDonalds game and Jordan classic.

A top 2 pick in next year's draft looks like it could be franchise changing...for now.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well this starts the rebuild weve been needing. I would be a bit more optimistic about the package if Zach hadn't tore his ACL last season and we didn't give up #16.

I totally agree with you on both points regarding LaVine and the #16 pick. I'm still excited regarding LaVine as if he were healthy...I don't think Minny deals him. Guy almost put up 20 a game while being a freak athlete/giant guard and is 22.

However, the Bulls having to throw #16 back....while I didn't care about the pick that much...this was f'ing Jimmy Butler here. The Wolves weren't going to walk because you didn't add #16.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I heard the Knicks were highly interested at 8, part of why they were considering parting with Porzingis, picking up a ready starter and replacing with Markenen. The difference is alot of arm length and Unicorn is a bad dude. Not soft.

If the knicks wanted him, you know he is the wrong selection. They may be the only team with a dumber FO.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Like the trade overall (sans Dunn) because it starts the rebuilding process, don't like the Markannen pick.

Had they traded Butler for #7 and Lavine (kept #16), took PG Smith at #7 and some solid C prospect at #16, then it would have been a perfect trade to start the Bulls rebuild, at least IMO.

Two key concerns are that Dunn seemed like a total bust in Minny, and that Markannen is a soft euro 3pt shooting center, the type that usually ends up being a fringe rotational player in NBA (think Channing Frye at very best).

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
My .02 on the trade:

The sooner we can get over that Danny Ainge is a cuck- the better off we'll be. Or perhaps GarPax annoyed him so much he was done talking to them? Who knows. Boston just made too much sense for Butler and the Bulls...but I digress.

I said to myself this week- if the Bulls don't deal Butler, they'd better come out and say Butler is no longer for sale and they were going to build around him for the future. Either way I would be happy....if they didn't deal Butler, but then were non-committal to Jimmy then I may have lost serious interest in the Bulls (who hasn't to a degree anyway?).

So with that said- they were set on moving Jimmy and they did. I wish Jimmy THE BEST in Minnesota. I hope he wins an MVP there or takes the Wolves deep into the playoffs next year- I really believe he can do it as they have something special there. Nothing but the best for Jimmy and our old friend Thibs. I doubt Jimmy is happy going to a small market, potentially being the 3rd wheel and losing out on the super max contract- but it is what it is for him.

As for what the Bulls got for Butler....like everyone here, I wish they would have gotten more. However, as said earlier about Ainge being a cuck...this may have been the best they could do. We'll never know. For the purpose of our sanity regarding this FO and the Bulls- we should probably operate under the premise that this was the best they could do.

I'm excited about LaVine- yes the ACL tear is scary and he may never be the same and could have a ceiling on what he accomplishes...but maybe he won't. Remember he was in that alleged super draft in '14. If you had to redo that super draft- LaVine goes around 4 in that thing, which says a lot about him. If LaVine works out and shows hes back to full strength and the arrow is back to pointing up on the 22 year old freak SG...the Bulls will have a great decision to make on re-singing him. If not- the Bulls can just let him walk. LaVine is worth it for the Bulls to get.

Dunn. Well we knew the Bulls loved Dunn last year....which makes sense because he had a poor rookie season. However, I really liked Dunn at Providence and like him as a combo guard. It would be unfair to judge Dunn solely on his rookie year as a PG- especially under Thibs. It isn't uncommon for PGs to need a year to adjust- Dunn may flourish in an open court style offense that we're still waiting to see Hoiberg implement. We'll see. He's only 23 and has a lot of upside regardless of what happened last year in Minnesota.

Markkanen. Most here are really ripping this pick, but I have no idea why. Lauri can really play- he's 20 years old and my god he can drain it. His release is lightning quick from about 25 feet out and he can put it on the deck if need be. The only knocks on him are his ability to have a post game and things like that...but that doesn't matter as that isn't what he'll be asked to do at least offensively. Defensively he'll need work on defending the pick & roll while hanging with stronger guys inside and I do agree he needs to get stronger so he can be an effective defensive rebounder, but again- hes 20. Hes also very underrated as an athlete. I absolutely loved this pick.

The only thing that could screw up the Lauri pick is if they re-sign Niko and just red-shirt Lauri. I'd hate that. I'm not saying Markkanen needs to start, but give him his 10-15 minutes a night so he can get his feet wet while you tank anyway. The early indication is that this FO wants to re-sign Niko...I don't think they should have the chance to make that decision.

All in all- I support this reset button the Bulls have pushed and are ready to be a bad team for the next two years. However, I hope a different FO gets to make decisions on where our Bulls go from here.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Wolves fans said Dunn can't score or run a offense LOL

Hammer

Liked Posts:
2 key things are:

- Bulls hit the reset button
- team now has a young nucleus of Dunn/Payne, LaVine, Valentine, Portis, Markannen to build on

Only thing I don't like is that they took PF Markannen at #7 (and PG Dunn via. trade) over PG Smith at #7 and some C prospect at #16.
But who knows, if Dunn can turn things around, and Markannen ends up being Dirk/Porzingis 2.0, then this will be one helluva Offseason for the franchise.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wolves fans said Dunn can't score or run a offense LOL

Well clearly Rubio can.....

While I agree Dunn's rookie year was a disappointment, his career isn't exactly over.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
source.gif

Buckets on the Cavs with the Bulls getting the 3rd pick of this year's draft, next year's Nets pick, and Okafor (I'm speculating here) wouldn't have been so bad now, would it?

Go Wolves

Jimmy-Thibs reunion:
23.gif

Thibs THE THIEF

:) Pretty ironic comments coming from a Cubs fan. 100+ year wait, and they look one-and-done to boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;k8QE4-BEy4E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8QE4-BEy4E[/video]

Posters like you and PB77 embarrass the rest of us Sox fans and make us look as Special person as you.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Markannen ends up being Dirk/Porzingis 2.0, then this will be one helluva Offseason for the franchise.

He wont be either.

Porzingis has much more potential on defense from the sound of it.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bulls fans bitch when their in basketball purgatory, and bitch when a tank/rebuild looks like it may finally happen.

They must be a Chicago team.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Jimmy's trainer with some kind parting words

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Just so everyone knows too, Lavine is a RFA after this coming season. And he's going to get paid, especially after the stats he'll put up( if he's healthy) on this shitty team.

As for the draft, I like Luka Doncic and Porter. Michael Porter JR is very good all around. He can play outside or in the post, as well as handle the ball at 6'10-6'11.

I wouldn't sleep on Doncic just because he's euro. He's not a guy that's just out there averaging a point a game that's getting hyped on his upside. He's already one of the best in a league considered right under the NBA. And he's only 18.