Jimmy Butler to the Twolves

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I'm intrigued by Dunn because of their interest in him last year. We know full well that Thibs runs a more isolation based offense, so you're right, maybe he flourishes under Fred.

They coveted Payne too, look what we got with him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After watching some video on Markkanen I can say that he's probably a better offensive player than Niko, but probably just as bad or worse defensively. Looks more Porzingis like on offense, but not as much post game. I guess you can consider that a good thing depending on how you look at it. Giving GarPax some benefit of the doubt, he looks like the type of big man that can play alongside Lopez pretty well in Hoiberg's offense. In theory don't have to worry a ton about his lack of defense and rebounding because that's what Lopez is for. Though how that plays out is anyone's guess.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Niko blows. Please get him out of my basketball life. I hate him.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Ive got to rub salt in the wound and bring up some old quotes...This is Pax on not selling the Bairstow pick

"We were getting calls leading up to that pick with teams offering us a ton of cash," Paxson told ESPN Chicago 1000's "Waddle & Silvy Show" last month. "For people that sit there and say that the Bulls always make decisions based on money -- we never even considered taking a deal like that [on draft night]. And [owner Jerry Reinsdorf] is sitting there in the room -- because we were looking at a player that we think can maybe play a role for us down the road. And we sat there and bypassed [the offers]."

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I'm all for trading butler and going into rebuild mode. I've wanted to rebuild for years since rose second acl tear

My problem is this trade sucked and like usual they held on too long and we got worse compensation then what we could have got

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Which one of our plethora of PGs will be the one that fits Hoiball?

You are right of course, we are stuck with Fred and the way he wants to play. That's fine, but GarPax haven't seemed to be able to build around that philosophy of yet. But perhaps this is them trying to overhaul the roster to make it work.

They fired one of the best head coaches in the NBA in Thibs then let Thibs pull one of the most lop-sided trades in history against them. The Bulls would make a great comedy movie wouldn't they? They totally fucked up the Butler situation just like they fucked up the Rose situation. Thibs covered up so many inadequacies in the Bulls line-up with his insistence on players going balls out. Now the chickens have come home to roost and the team is without talent and without a coach that is worth a crap. Bad owner.......Bad president......... Bad GM.......... Bad coach......... Bad players.......... All self inflected wounds except the bad owner item.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The most interesting story line for me entering the season after this trade is what they tell Wade. If they can convince Wade to come off the bench I'll be amazed.

Me also. Why in hell would a former great player ever agree to sit the bench for a lousy team? To what end? I think that he will force a trade and go to a contender where he could indeed come off the bench for.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Its funny how it seems most would be fine with this trade if they did not give up the 16 when they wasted 7 on another too tall too skinny guy that loves to jack up 3's.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Its funny how it seems most would be fine with this trade if they did not give up the 16 when they wasted 7 on another too tall too skinny guy that loves to jack up 3's.

I'm upset about both giving up our 16 and who we took with the 7th pick.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
The pure fact alone that Stephen A Smith and Max Kellermann for the first time ever agree on a topic, shows you how bad that trade was ...

[video=youtube_share;vupb3ZCLNxo]https://youtu.be/vupb3ZCLNxo[/video]

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
To the first point, I don't disagree that understanding it means that you need to like it.

And yes, I'm very skeptical that any top flight young player can develop under current management/coaching. But there's nothing I can do, so I'm still going to watch my favorite NBA team.

And of course, I'll watch as well. But I won't go to any games this season. Didn't the year prior either.

I know I'm just one person, but I won't attend another game until garpax is canned. Imagine if every rep ****** in the area did the same...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The pure fact alone that Stephen A Smith and Max Kellermann for the first time ever agree on a topic, shows you how bad that trade was ...

The rare moment when everyone agrees with Stephen A.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Horrible trade. I can't watch any more. Cubs better get their shit together, because Bulls and Bears suck, and Hawks have been choking, too.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
And of course, I'll watch as well. But I won't go to any games this season. Didn't the year prior either.

I know I'm just one person, but I won't attend another game until garpax is canned. Imagine if every rep ****** in the area did the same...

I'll go to a game with you, and unlike didshe, I'll actually buy you a beer.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Don't take the trade out on Markkanen. He's a damn good player. Definitely best available at 7. Being an alum, I watched almost every Arizona game last season. Markkanen is legit and as a 7-footer shoots 43 percent from 3 and 55 percent from 2. Can put his back to the basket, but also pop out midrange or from 3. Can shoot from anywhere on the floor.

The comparison throughout the year was constantly Dirk Nowitzki. I mean, who knows on such comparisons. But he's got as good a chance at working out as anyone in this draft class outside the top 2.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Its funny how it seems most would be fine with this trade if they did not give up the 16...

Reminds me of the vast number of idiots after the Trubisky trade who said that second third-rounder was juuuusssttt too high a price to pay, and that they TOTALLY would've been cool with the trade if the Bears hadn't given up that future Hall of Fame 2018 third-rounder.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Don't take the trade out on Markkanen. He's a damn good player. Definitely best available at 7. Being an alum, I watched almost every Arizona game last season. Markkanen is legit and as a 7-footer shoots 43 percent from 3 and 55 percent from 2. Can put his back to the basket, but also pop out midrange or from 3. Can shoot from anywhere on the floor.

The comparison throughout the year was constantly Dirk Nowitzki. I mean, who knows on such comparisons. But he's got as good a chance at working out as anyone in this draft class outside the top 2.

Tucson partisanship. No doubt he can shoot, I am also a PAC-12 alum, and but by most objective accounts he projects closer to Mirotic then he does Dirk.

And I think it's quite a stretch to intimate he is on par with anyone in the top 5 picks.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I just hope we end up getting lucky in the draft lottery and get the #1 pick.

AussieBear

Reminds me of the vast number of idiots after the Trubisky trade who said that second third-rounder was juuuusssttt too high a price to pay, and that they TOTALLY would've been cool with the trade if the Bears hadn't given up that future Hall of Fame 2018 third-rounder.

it was and still is... considering trubisky would have been there at 3.. nobody is really on pace for taking mitch, it is what it is..... its just pace outbidding pace that be rubbin dems da wrong ways..