Jimmy Butler to the Twolves

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Reminds me of the vast number of idiots after the Trubisky trade who said that second third-rounder was juuuusssttt too high a price to pay, and that they TOTALLY would've been cool with the trade if the Bears hadn't given up that future Hall of Fame 2018 third-rounder.

Jimmy alone for LaVine+Dunn+7 isn't that good of deal considering LaVine tore his ACL and Dunn looked like a bust.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The problem Thibbs had with Lavine was Doug McDermott defense. It did not matter moving Lavine. Thats why thibbs still wanted the 16 in the deal.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The problem Thibbs had with Lavine was Doug McDermott defense. It did not matter moving Lavine. Thats why thibbs still wanted the 16 in the deal.

Yeah, you have got to at least try to play defense if Thibs is gonna like you. And if you try hard, Thibs will improve your worth as an NBA player and that is why he gets the respect around the league that he does because the players know that if you bust your ass, it will pay off FOR YOU!

But going back to LaVine, he COULD become a star in the league if his injury heals correctly. I love to watch the guy play personally with his athleticism. IF he is right, then this trade could end up well for both teams.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Yeah, you have got to at least try to play defense if Thibs is gonna like you. And if you try hard, Thibs will improve your worth as an NBA player and that is why he gets the respect around the league that he does because the players know that if you bust your ass, it will pay off FOR YOU!

But going back to LaVine, he COULD become a star in the league if his injury heals correctly. I love to watch the guy play personally with his athleticism. IF he is right, then this trade could end up well for both teams.

I'm almost kind of hoping he isn't right, at least for the first year. I really don't want the Bulls paying him 120+ million for him at the end of next season.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Well thats right and thats also kinda wrong.

dunn is a tenacious defender. Thibbs wants to pace rookies, more likely, not play them at all. Gotta wonder if his growth was stunted some. Should have gotten more time being a 4 year college athlete, even though only played last two.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'm almost kind of hoping he isn't right, at least for the first year. I really don't want the Bulls paying him 120+ million for him at the end of next season.

In today's NBA, there's really no way around paying him that much money if he comes back healthy at any point and proves to be productive, even if not to the same level as before. He's young enough and has a high enough ceiling that there will be teams willing to pay him. Harrison Barnes got a max. Bradley Beal got a max. Otto Porter and Nerlens Noel will get a max. Even Wes Matthews coming fresh off an Achilles injury got paid a ton of money.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
In today's NBA, there's really no way around paying him that much money if he comes back healthy at any point and proves to be productive, even if not to the same level as before. He's young enough and has a high enough ceiling that there will be teams willing to pay him. Harrison Barnes got a max. Bradley Beal got a max. Otto Porter and Nerlens Noel will get a max. Even Wes Matthews coming fresh off an Achilles injury got paid a ton of money.

Some of that is teams just being stupid. Beal turned it up a notch, but he always had the potential. I think 85% of people knew Matthews and Barnes got overpaid.

I would just hate for the Bulls to tie up that much money in a guy, during a rebuild, when he may not end up being a good fit if they get the pieces through the draft that allow them to actually compete.

I'm already sure he'll end up getting that money. I don't expect Wade to be back, so Lavine is the man, offensively at least, by default. He should put up 21-25 a game.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Some of that is teams just being stupid. Beal turned it up a notch, but he always had the potential. I think 85% of people knew Matthews and Barnes got overpaid.

I would just hate for the Bulls to tie up that much money in a guy, during a rebuild, when he may not end up being a good fit if they get the pieces through the draft that allow them to actually compete.

I'm already sure he'll end up getting that money. I don't expect Wade to be back, so Lavine is the man, offensively at least, by default. He should put up 21-25 a game.

With the way the cap has ballooned, 120 mil for LaVine isn't even that bad and could potentially be a steal if he stays healthy and lives up to his potential.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't realize in this trade that Lavine was going to require retention in 12 months. Bet they trade him anyway. Fuckers.

The T-wolves masterplan is Lowry. Fucking Lowry-Butler-Wiggins-Dieng-Towns oh my.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
By the time LaVine needs to get paid, the Bulls likely won't have any big contracts on the books. Wade, Rondo, and Lopez will probably all be gone. It's the perfect time to lockup LaVine and if he stays healthy and continues to improve, it would be considered a steal in today's NBA. If the Bulls get some luck in this tank job and get a couple of top 5 picks (and hit on them), they're going to have a real chance. I don't have much faith in Garpax, but there's a lot of talent coming through over the next 2 seasons.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
By the time LaVine needs to get paid, the Bulls likely won't have any big contracts on the books. Wade, Rondo, and Lopez will probably all be gone. It's the perfect time to lockup LaVine and if he stays healthy and continues to improve, it would be considered a steal in today's NBA. If the Bulls get some luck in this tank job and get a couple of top 5 picks (and hit on them), they're going to have a real chance. I don't have much faith in Garpax, but there's a lot of talent coming through over the next 2 seasons.

I agree with you. On all points. GAR/PAX are the worst two people to try and steer this ship anywhere.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

he can go anywhere he wants. I'm sure after a year here it won't be Chicago and "Hoiball" or recovering from a shit season and a fired coach, team in shambles. He will have many max offers, and he isn't worth a supermax to outbid anybody.

Hell, he could go back to Minny and they could have Lowry-Lavine-Wiggins-Butler-Towns. 3 wings and a true center/pg. Modern NBA.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
The problem is Jerry doesn't have the balls to fire anyone.

Its not that he doesn't have the balls but that garpax have kissed his ass enough to get his loyalty.

I agree with you. On all points. GAR/PAX are the worst two people to try and steer this ship anywhere.

Yeah their talent evaluation has been exposed or atleast has fallen off a cliff.

Bothers me having them lead the rebuild...are we gonna take Doug McDermott every year?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Michael Reinsdorf is slowly gaining more and more control. From everything ive read, he isn't loyal like his father is and will make changes. I'm hoping he sees the light sooner rather than later.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Michael Reinsdorf is slowly gaining more and more control. From everything ive read, he isn't loyal like his father is and will make changes. I'm hoping he sees the light sooner rather than later.

From what i know Gar has already got in good with Michael.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Letting Levine walk isn't even an option after he was an integral part in the Butler trade. Let's just hope the money he commands leaves us flexibility to add to the roster.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
There is no discounts in NBA anymore bums are getting paid big

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Let's put the Butler trade into perspective by looking at what the Clippers got for Chris Paul

In return, the Rockets would send Patrick Beverley, Sam Dekker, Lou Williams, and a 2018 first-round pick to the Clippers.

In what's considered a PG league and Paul is by any definition in the top 3 PGs think about it. Beverly showed flashes but not always a starter, Dekker not exactly an All star and Williams an aging 6th man. That Houston pick with Hardin and Paul figures to be 25 at best.

The Bulls got the 7 pick and a starting backcourt. So I don't think what the Bulls got for Jimmy who isn't considered by anyone top 3 at either the 2 or 3, all that bad.

What I'd do is add both Houston and especially the Clippers to the list of teams that might have an interest in Wade and see what they would send back for him. Clippers need a 'name player, more so if Griffin leaves which he might now or the Rockets needing a bench scorer to go deeper in the playoffs