Close
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We just gave Minnesota a free pass to the playoffs. Jimmy, Cat, Wiggins, and Teague. Plus Taj signing on with the team now. They're rounding out the roster with the perfect vets to go with Cat and Wiggins.
    I rock it for Jesus and live the dream!
    I support The Anti-Diva Paige
    Hidden Content

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Minnesota will likely be a lower seed in the West. I wouldn't guarantee them a playoff spot though. Teague can't defend and Taj is an average offensive power forward on his best day.

Quote Originally Posted by RamiTheBullsFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Minnesota will likely be a lower seed in the West. I wouldn't guarantee them a playoff spot though. Teague can't defend and Taj is an average offensive power forward on his best day.
    Taj doesn't have to start but will play significant minutes and be a force defensively and on the boards. Thibs knows what he is doing and bringing in vets like Butler and Taj are good moves. They will be a middle seed in the West but a lot will depend on point guard play setting things up. I'm not sure that they are done with trades.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    Taj doesn't have to start but will play significant minutes and be a force defensively and on the boards. Thibs knows what he is doing and bringing in vets like Butler and Taj are good moves. They will be a middle seed in the West but a lot will depend on point guard play setting things up. I'm not sure that they are done with trades.
    Force on the boards is a bit of a stretch. Taj is an adequate rebounder at 9 per 36 min. His offense is limited. It's really his defense that stands out

Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamiTheBullsFan View Post
    Force on the boards is a bit of a stretch. Taj is an adequate rebounder at 9 per 36 min. His offense is limited. It's really his defense that stands out
    I think on a team with those offensive weapons, Taj not being a stud offensively will be fine.
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clonetrooper264 For This Useful Post:

Taj was the only low post threat on this team, ended up taking more 17 footers when Lopez arrived. Solid professional though who does it right. Great locker room leadership from a guy that just works.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

The Timberwolves won 31 games last season. The 8th seed won 41. I think the peak the Timberwolves can get is 45. I see them falling between 9-6th place in the west; most likely 7/8th. I am not sure getting crushed by the Warriors in the first round of next seasons playoffs is all great. Wiggins is a FA next season too. I think Bulls fans are too high on Gibson and Butler and what Tibs is going to do with that cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Toast88 View Post
    Don't take the trade out on Markkanen. He's a damn good player. Definitely best available at 7. Being an alum, I watched almost every Arizona game last season. Markkanen is legit and as a 7-footer shoots 43 percent from 3 and 55 percent from 2. Can put his back to the basket, but also pop out midrange or from 3. Can shoot from anywhere on the floor.
    The comparison throughout the year was constantly Dirk Nowitzki. I mean, who knows on such comparisons. But he's got as good a chance at working out as anyone in this draft class outside the top 2.
    Quote originally posted by RacerX
    Tucson partisanship. No doubt he can shoot, I am also a PAC-12 alum, and but by most objective accounts he projects closer to Mirotic then he does Dirk.

And I think it's quite a stretch to intimate he is on par with anyone in the top 5 picks.
    I don't know---seems to be playing pretty darn good so far.

Silicon Valley CA Bears H RacerX's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He has indeed exceeded expectations, i do concede that fact.

But i still don't think his ceiling is anywhere near as high as that of the top 5 draftees.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RacerX For This Useful Post:

That former coach who runs B-BALL Breakdown did several videos breaking down his game and how he thought he would turn out to be a very good player. I always had hope. It’s nice to see him surpassing early expectations. At the worst it looks like he’ll be a decent starter for a long time. I hate to say it because I know it was said with before with Mirotic, but Markkanen does remind me of Dirk. It would be pretty awesome if he got to, or close to, that level of player
    @RobMVP1
    Hidden Content

Difference I'm seeing between Niko and Lauri is that Lauri will do more than just shoot 3 foot 3s and his rebounding is already 10x better and more consistent than Niko's ever was. For that reason alone I feel pretty safe thinking that Lauri will easily surpass Niko's level of play. Whether or not he can take that step into stardom is an entirely different story. He definitely looks solid though, and it's from the get go so that's encouraging.
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

I’ll be curious to see how he does once he’s more on the scouting report. Eventually teams will realize everyone else on the team is a piece of shit and just key their attention towards Lauri
    @RobMVP1
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by RoseMVP1 View Post
    I’ll be curious to see how he does once he’s more on the scouting report. Eventually teams will realize everyone else on the team is a piece of shit and just key their attention towards Lauri
    If they haven't figured that out already, there's something wrong with their scouting.
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thibs is playing Jimmy 38 mpg. i hope he doesnt burn him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    Thibs is playing Jimmy 38 mpg. i hope he doesnt burn him out.
    Hoiberg played him 37 MPG. Thibs should learn.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    Super mega late response but they're on pace right now for 53 wins. That would put them as the 4th or 5th seed in the West. They're looking solid but they're not in GSW's league but who is? They can also only get better. As they're a fairly young team with guys who have had some playoff experience and a good coach.
    I rock it for Jesus and live the dream!
    I support The Anti-Diva Paige
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyt237 View Post
    Super mega late response but they're on pace right now for 53 wins. That would put them as the 4th or 5th seed in the West. They're looking solid but they're not in GSW's league but who is? They can also only get better. As they're a fairly young team with guys who have had some playoff experience and a good coach.
    Yep. Butler immediately put them into the play-offs and Thibs knew it. I am very happy both for Butler and Thibs. I'd say that GS has another 2 years before they fade away but Minn is young and on the rise and have a great coach. They will attract players who want to work hard and win.

21. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789