Jimmy Butler to the Twolves

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let's put the Butler trade into perspective by looking at what the Clippers got for Chris Paul

In what's considered a PG league and Paul is by any definition in the top 3 PGs think about it. Beverly showed flashes but not always a starter, Dekker not exactly an All star and Williams an aging 6th man. That Houston pick with Hardin and Paul figures to be 25 at best.

The Bulls got the 7 pick and a starting backcourt. So I don't think what the Bulls got for Jimmy who isn't considered by anyone top 3 at either the 2 or 3, all that bad.

What I'd do is add both Houston and especially the Clippers to the list of teams that might have an interest in Wade and see what they would send back for him. Clippers need a 'name player, more so if Griffin leaves which he might now or the Rockets needing a bench scorer to go deeper in the playoffs

The best addition that the Clippers made was the hiring of Jerry West. I just do not think that West will be anxious to get Wade though. I could see him trying to get Rondo for a year or two.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Apples and Oranges really. CP3 was leaving, Rockets needed space to sign him. Clippers took advantage and got what they could for him. That said, we probably got close to what Jimmy's value was.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately now, if Blake leaves, the Clippers are probably worse than the Bulls. Hurts our chances come lottery time

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unfortunately now, if Blake leaves, the Clippers are probably worse than the Bulls. Hurts our chances come lottery time
Never underestimate Hoiball's potential to get us into the top 3!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
A lot of dust is settling here.

I understand(not like or dislike) and can get behind the idea of Pax wanting to get the Bulls out of NBA purgatory. I don't like that he passed up on a #1 pick to do so. Don't like spending 24m on a washed up vet. Don't like that they didn't put enough work in to miss the playoffs in a deep draft. Don't like that they gave up Bell for cash.

Last edited:

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Bell for cash is the final straw for me, but there have been about 8 final straws preceding this one.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Bell for cash makes no sense when you're constantly saying you want to get younger and more athletic.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
A lot of dust is settling here.

I understand(not like or dislike) and can get behind the idea of Pax wanting to get the Bulls out of NBA purgatory. I don't like that he passed up on a #1 pick to do so. Don't like spending 24m on a washed up vet. Don't like that they didn't put enough work in to miss the playoffs in a deep draft. Don't like that they gave up Bell for cash.
Wait until they flip Lavine for a pick at the deadline.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Bell for cash is the final straw for me, but there have been about 8 final straws preceding this one.

I think bell would be a perfect fit here but this is a business. When you're rebuilding and missing playoff revenue, and could possibly fire your coach soon while he's locked up, the 3.5 mil seems logical over a 2nd round pick when you're trying to bottom out anyways.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wait until they flip Lavine for a pick at the deadline.

Don't think so IF Lavine is healthy. IF the guy is sound, he may be a star in the league and Chicago needs to have a star.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I though Lavine was just a highlight reel dunker, but averaging 20 per game with that lineup was pretty damn good.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I though Lavine was just a highlight reel dunker, but averaging 20 per game with that lineup was pretty damn good.

Me too. I give the guy credit for really working to develop an offensive game. He is a legit scorer and is electric to watch.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Call Jimmy: 773-899-6071

[video=youtube;RVUWdPNuv1c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVUWdPNuv1c[/video]

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Deepest draft in basketball history and they sell a pick for cash.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Call Jimmy: 773-899-6071

[video=youtube;RVUWdPNuv1c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVUWdPNuv1c[/video]

I liked it that Reinny's son, Michael, stood up for Butler after hearing all of the crap that people were throwing insults at Butler being a "bad teammate" and other shit. Maybe he gets it?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The Clippers are nowhere near as bad as the Bulls are. They have talent.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
We just gave Minnesota a free pass to the playoffs. Jimmy, Cat, Wiggins, and Teague. Plus Taj signing on with the team now. They're rounding out the roster with the perfect vets to go with Cat and Wiggins.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Minnesota will likely be a lower seed in the West. I wouldn't guarantee them a playoff spot though. Teague can't defend and Taj is an average offensive power forward on his best day.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Minnesota will likely be a lower seed in the West. I wouldn't guarantee them a playoff spot though. Teague can't defend and Taj is an average offensive power forward on his best day.

Taj doesn't have to start but will play significant minutes and be a force defensively and on the boards. Thibs knows what he is doing and bringing in vets like Butler and Taj are good moves. They will be a middle seed in the West but a lot will depend on point guard play setting things up. I'm not sure that they are done with trades.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Taj doesn't have to start but will play significant minutes and be a force defensively and on the boards. Thibs knows what he is doing and bringing in vets like Butler and Taj are good moves. They will be a middle seed in the West but a lot will depend on point guard play setting things up. I'm not sure that they are done with trades.

Force on the boards is a bit of a stretch. Taj is an adequate rebounder at 9 per 36 min. His offense is limited. It's really his defense that stands out