CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Just seems odd to me to say a guy's pure athleticism is the reason why he got injured.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Too many people make random videos about basketball, and I'm short on time today. So I can't verify if the one posted makes the same arguments that I'm using. However, if they point out that landing constantly from 4-5 feet in the air with momentum on a single leg, then they are making the correct argument to why Rose was injured. One of many, being careful not to single out one thing, you still have insulin spiking and SAT-master Rose behind the wheel of that machine with a brother who was LaVar lite.

Derrick never learned how to land and fall properly. When he came back from surgery, he STILL landed the same way. But I guess he was working on his 3PT shots... so that absolves him from making mechanical adjustments.

Thibs has Jamal Crawford on that team, an ACL recovery at what, 37 years old? He throws tons of minutes his way as well. Wonder why he hasn't been played into the ground? Mechanical changes matter.

Just look at Crawford's career MPG. Even a few seasons with tons of minutes(more than Jimmy), but he was never said to have been "run into the ground".
bhTAFDIl.png

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The mechanics of landing, and falling, are all part of that video.

Side note: I don't know why so many of the guys who make these videos feel compelled to put a shitty music bed in there.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The mechanics of landing, and falling, are all part of that video.

Side note: I don't know why so many of the guys who make these videos feel compelled to put a shitty music bed in there.

No idea. I didn't grasp the issue with youtube videos. Although the video might be on youtube, the one that convinced me was a Doctor talking about fall mechanics and using a lot of examples, not just Rose. Rose's example is just funny though, because Derrick is so stupid, that I bet a number of people tried to explain to him how basic physics worked, and he probably was like "yo, watch physics, I'll make this ball bounce" , then nutritionists were telling him how insulin is destructive, and then just ran to his skittles machine. But yeah, Thibs....

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could it also be the culmination of the practices Thibs runs. I have no way of knowing how different his practices are from other coaches, but is it possible he runs them harder in practice?

Then when you add in the on court minutes is where issues happen?

Even then the argument is a bit dumb, because if there was a direct cause and effect, I would assume you would see similar injuries with more players he coached.

Basically if its Thibs, he works them too hard, any other coach must be dumb luck. Is what the narrative seems to be.

Does he have a higher rate of injury compared to other coaches? I would assume not.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If his practices are hard(harder than the rest of the NBA), wouldn't players be tearing their knees in practice? Even if, without any proof people want to use that as the metric, then the same injury output relevancy would apply, right?

Tough coach =/= playing someone into the ground. I think Kirk said Skiles and Larry Drew were tougher and Thibs reputation is purely based on the media. But I don't know where to begin to search for that interview. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, post it please. The search query and video titles for these things aren't exactly organized well.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Thibs' reputation has more to do with Gar Forman buyer's remorse, and what he fed to the media.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This narrative may be true: Thibs does not rest his starters enough to have playoff success

This narrative is very likely false: Thibs causes players to have a higher injury chance

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Thibs also doesn't really show anything different in the playoffs.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think they were pretty clear that thibs leaking stuff to his bff van gundy was the reason he got canned.

His days were numbered well before then. The Hoiberg rumors were swirling for two seasons.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
No, we started to be season ticket holders with the thibbs era. blowing out a team by 20 and the starters are still on the court with 4 minutes left in the fourth.

Yes, there is the "Miracle" adage of harder practices will allow the team to have stamina to play the entire game, but this is not hockey, and its not baseball either, so this day of hurt players being held out of back to back games and resting stars on back to back games will make thibbs the dinosaur he is.