CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so

Keith-Forsling
Kempny-Murphy
Seabs-Rutta

Pokka-Rozy

Is that about where we are at? How much cap do we have now? That could be the saving grace in all of this, we are just counting the players we got back but we may now be able to still move Kruger, and acquire another Center, and another defenseman? And this tight against the cap its almost like those players count in the trade shuffle.

What is Oduya's status? That could also be the plan, getting him cheap, then getting him healthy, and I am sure they are high on Rutta and see Kempny/Murphy as adaquate.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@drosennhl
Joel QuenJoel Quenneville just walked out of the coach's meeting at the League's official Draft hotel, got in a cab and left.

Not sure what this means.... like was the meeting over? Was this normal behavior?

Or is he pissed, going to beat the fuk outta Stan?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Saw on twatter he was pissed

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@drosennhl
Joel QuenJoel Quenneville just walked out of the coach's meeting at the League's official Draft hotel, got in a cab and left.

If he loves Rozy, just imagine how he feels about Hammer.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guaranteed dude has had anger management, had to take himself a "timeout".

lol.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
so

Keith-Forsling
Kempny-Murphy
Seabs-Rutta

Pokka-Rozy

Is that about where we are at? How much cap do we have now? That could be the saving grace in all of this, we are just counting the players we got back but we may now be able to still move Kruger, and acquire another Center, and another defenseman? And this tight against the cap its almost like those players count in the trade shuffle.

What is Oduya's status? That could also be the plan, getting him cheap, then getting him healthy, and I am sure they are high on Rutta and see Kempny/Murphy as adaquate.
Rumor guys keep saying yes they hear Kruger will still be dealt... maybe apart of moving up in the draft but some are saying the wait could be he has a June 30th signing bonus of 2 mil. So if the Hawks wait til July 1st they pay him that bonus then the team they trade him to doesn't have to pay.

I could see Ruuta with Keith or maybe Pokka with Keith. To mix up the D talent.

I think Oduya is just done and not worth hoping he gets healthy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rumor guys keep saying yes they hear Kruger will still be dealt... maybe apart of moving up in the draft but some are saying the wait could be he has a June 30th signing bonus of 2 mil. So if the Hawks wait til July 1st they pay him that bonus then the team they trade him to doesn't have to pay.

We also can't afford Oduya unless he willing to sign a like 750k deal after Kruger is traded.

We are negative on cap space already and have 2 RFAs plus Desjardin UFA if we want any of them we gotta pay.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Unless you're calculating cap by a 21 man roster those rfa guys which are who Rasmussen & Jurco? They won't be much more than 850-750 guys. It seems Moose turned down a minimum deal but really how much above it can he get.

There is still Anisimov and Kruger rumors and then now Hawks still have trading for Galechenyuk or moving up in the draft or now tj oshie in FA talk. Lots of bowman moves still potentially

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Unless you're calculating cap by a 21 man roster those rfa guys which are who Rasmussen & Jurco? They won't be much more than 850-750 guys. It seems Moose turned down a minimum deal but really how much above it can he get.

There is still Anisimov and Kruger rumors and then now Hawks still have trading for Galechenyuk or moving up in the draft or now tj oshie in FA talk. Lots of bowman moves still potentially

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/blackhawks

According to this site, we are right now 1.4M over the cap... so even if you trade Kruger and unload all his cap you only give yourself like 1.6M in space.

If you sign 2 of those 3 for 800k there goes your 1.6M.

Edit: And Forsberg the Goalie we got is an RFA, so we need to pay him as well.

We need to unload Kruger and someone else or we won't have the cap space to even form a roster.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
And you can go over 10% in the offseason.. they can have opening night just 20 guys up n then ltir Hossa and fit. But it's not like without moving AA or Hossa deal, which I think is unlikely, they can't add anything real

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And you can go over 10% in the offseason.. they can have opening night just 20 guys up n then ltir Hossa and fit. But it's not like without moving AA or Hossa deal, which I think is unlikely, they can't add anything real

Don't we need to be under the cap by opening day?

I thought you couldn't LTIR Hossa until after the season began, meaning you can't use his cap hit in any way in the offseason unless you trade him

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You do but you also don't need to have all 22 skaters pm the Hawks. It might be sliding down a couple no waiver guys to the ahl so that cuts 1.5 in cap that opening night.

There's always things to do just like in 2014 everyone thought they were over the cap but Bowman was like. Nah we good

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, did not expect to see Hammer go. Think we got decent return and gained some cap space. Not convinced we win this deal but time will tell.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You do but you also don't need to have all 22 skaters pm the Hawks. It might be sliding down a couple no waiver guys to the ahl so that cuts 1.5 in cap that opening night.

There's always things to do just like in 2014 everyone thought they were over the cap but Bowman was like. Nah we good

This sounds like heresy.... gents I think we have a witch

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

That would make sense for the Las Vegas promise. They agreed to take Kruger if we let them take TVR without recouping our own value in a trade. We get rid of Kruger's contract, and keep Pokka.

We eat 2 million and lose a developing issue. The reality is given the 15 third line defenseman they have, Kruger is the one they actually want to put on the ice to give their team some back end leadership and defense.

Given what we have paid recently to lose bad contracts TVR is not the end of the world, especially when we can't pay him in 2 years, when you consider the price would have been keeping a bad contract and losing Pokka it makes sense for us to lose the bad contract and TVR instead of Pokka.

While they get a defensive forward with championship experience who wins his share of faceoffs, has physicality which they obviously coveted on that team build, and they got a second round pick.

Their best chance is to play a Bruins/Senators style in the early years.

Our other option was to firesale TVR and with having to do it quickly and for obvious reasons we might not get a 2nd, but a 4th. We lose TVR AND Pokka and keep Kruger and gain a 3rd or 4th round pick in that scenario.

Only way to keep Pokka, so the 4th is pointless. Getting out of Kruger and the expansion is actually good for us. They did well getting a second, so I think it was a win win.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I greatly trust Bowman but I do not agree with the two major trades especially since they also lost Hossa. Think of this from Q's perspective. No wonder he walked out of that meeting. He had to want a very strong drink or a dozen:(

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We also can't afford Oduya unless he willing to sign a like 750k deal after Kruger is traded.

We are negative on cap space already and have 2 RFAs plus Desjardin UFA if we want any of them we gotta pay.

How the fuck is he worth more than the minimum with what he gave Dallas and us last year? He needs to play a year at the minimum and show he can add even Rozy value.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Both these trades mitigated 2 years of cost control and gave us a little less hellish outlook to the future.

Its going to be up to the youth rising up from within and being special to take us to the top again, but they will have the quality vets to do it if they are worthy. New generation. Big overhaul this year and lots of opportunity. We still got mother fucking Kane. and I have a feeling Keith will rebound next year. Sharpie may come back to run the third line.

We can at least have a few million wiggle room to do something.