Hammer to Coyotes

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, Hammer was at one time my favorite player....but Seabs and him have taken major slides...major. The Seabs contract is probably unmovable but they had to choose one them. They didn't have to pay out their ass in prospects and got back a top 3 pairing cost control guy. Done.

The minute he stopped blocking shots and being gritty and a little mobile might as well have Seabs and Murphy, guys who can move people out of the crease and pair with our younger faster skilled plethora of defenseman coming up.

(edit: yeah but when the back end is a shit show if keith/seabs don't rebound, kruger traded, and no Darling I might not be so happy in November. )

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of those solid, dependable guys you wish could play forever. Thanks for the memories...

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
You do but you also don't need to have all 22 skaters pm the Hawks. It might be sliding down a couple no waiver guys to the ahl so that cuts 1.5 in cap that opening night.

There's always things to do just like in 2014 everyone thought they were over the cap but Bowman was like. Nah we good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I thought the cap was based on the 20 skaters on the ice for each game.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, Hammer was at one time my favorite player....but Seabs and him have taken major slides...major. The Seabs contract is probably unmovable but they had to choose one them. They didn't have to pay out their ass in prospects and got back a top 3 pairing cost control guy. Done.

The minute he stopped blocking shots and being gritty and a little mobile might as well have Seabs and Murphy, guys who can move people out of the crease and pair with our younger faster skilled plethora of defenseman coming up.

(edit: yeah but when the back end is a shit show if keith/seabs don't rebound, kruger traded, and no Darling I might not be so happy in November. )

The Blackhawks didn't need to trade Hjalmarsson. His contract was very manageable, unlike Seabrook. The reason they did trade him was simply because he still had trade value.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seabrook was set to expire at a great time. The extension/signing was mind boggling. We could be players for Shattenkirk or a premiere defenesman instead.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even if this trade was for cost control and Robocop is a good defensive defensman close to Hjammer's ilk, at best it's trading in a position of strength for potential strength.

I'm not necessarily against this trade but unless Murphy can carry Keith or Seabrook, Crawford and Glass/Forsberg/whomever gets the backup is going to have to book some therapy sessions for PTSD since it's gonna be 2016 all over again.