Panarin traded to CBJ for Saad

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Toews doesnt have a monster year, I will ride him harder than Grimson did.

Has he quit that fucking diet yet? nah? he still gonna suck

:troll:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do like that from here, its easier to build some sturdier lines, beginning with a solid Toews line with a physical nature, as well as opening up a spot for Kane (Thornton?) with somebody that plays a bit less like him and more two way. AA was being asked alot, and once he wasn't there the mighty duo fizzled out for second straight playoffs.

I don't like it because Panarin is gifted. But he almost made Kane predictable.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a fucking steal for the Hawks, guys. Panarin was a one-trick pony. Saad is a swiss army knife.

Pretty much this.
The Hawks maximized value in both trades. Both players are going to command considerable paydays when their UFA contracts are up.
If you want to be regular season champs, you keep 72.
If you want to win the cup, you trade for 20.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Even based on some player value charts Saad gives you more.

As much as it became a joke Zawaski kept pointing out how one dimensional pass to Kane n set up for one timers Panarin was... that dries up in the playoffs more.

I think even in the past Sharp brought more value [talking pure offense] cause he produced breakaways so much. He was a less good shooter n one timer playing purely than Panarin but bringing multiple dimensions helps.

What this team really lost is speed. Having Saad back brings it n maybe he can help clear that so Schmaltz n hino and others can fly up the ice better.

The Hjammer deal is the harder one to take in my book.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even based on some player value charts Saad gives you more.

As much as it became a joke Zawaski kept pointing out how one dimensional pass to Kane n set up for one timers Panarin was... that dries up in the playoffs more.

I think even in the past Sharp brought more value [talking pure offense] cause he produced breakaways so much. He was a less good shooter n one timer playing purely than Panarin but bringing multiple dimensions helps.

What this team really lost is speed. Having Saad back brings it n maybe he can help clear that so Schmaltz n hino and others can fly up the ice better.

The Hjammer deal is the harder one to take in my book.

yes, Schmaltz is an ascending player with potential to ease the Panarin void, but won't do much in terms of getting AA physical help.

My vote at the present moment might be

Saad-Toews-Panik
Hayden-AA-Kane
Hartman-Hino/Smaltz/Kero-Debricat/Bondra/
Ras-Kruger-?

Still feels 1 top 9 player light, and one top 4 defensman light. (preferably a 2C/3C) Can we afford Duchene now? Forsling, Forslin, every pick we have, Debricat and Seabs for Duchene? Move Kruger. And still afford a top 4 defenseman.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Always liked the Bread Man but it was becoming more and more obvious that his game was completely tied into Kane's. He didn't do much when separated from Kaner....Saad on the other hand always seemed to kick whatever line he was on up a notch. Saad is still only 24. It's not like Panarin was old but it's getting to be the time when you need to start infusing some youth into this team and absorbing the pain that comes with that....the defensive corp really needs a rebirth and it will probably be painful as they learn.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was expecting this. Glad we got Saad Back and saved more cap room. Extra goalie back-up is a bonus. I wonder what other moves are coming.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we could sign Thornton for Kane it would start to make sense in the team balance picture.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I wish we never lost saad in first place I like this trade

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Debrincat can be an NHL scorer and handle the size it'll be a great fit and brings back balance.

As fun as Panarin was I'd say speed n 2way means more to a team than setting up for 1timers.

Just sad with all the Swedish D drafted and foaming up at the ahl prospect level, their figurehead is gone

I think he'll be a 25-30 goal guy. Watched him some.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just saw his camp play, and his unreal stats.

He does remind some of Tyler Johnson in Tampa the way he bolts for the front of goal at right time, rather than linger there, and then has the quickest hands in the world once he is there.

Short and squatty guy, not too small. Wolverine.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
This is a fucking steal for the Hawks, guys. Panarin was a one-trick pony. Saad is a swiss army knife.

People may be forgetting, they didn't really want to give up Saad... he was just the cap casualty. If his number works now, they'll all happy to have him back, it's said Toews and Kane pushed for this as they love him but that could just be twitter garbage.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Toews doesnt have a monster year, I will ride him harder than Grimson did.

That's why the Blackhawks made this deal. They have lost all faith in Toews. He can no longer carry a line. They know that they can plug anybody in on the Kane line and still be ok.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I like the deal and I know how we all like to minimize a players value after he leaves our team, but Panarin was an absolute stud and I'm going to miss him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So does anyone else think Stan will trade anymore players?

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team is in cap HELL, Thornton will not be here.

Thornton may want to play, for a discount, with folks who've won a cup before, since he's not won one,

...but I could be totally off-base.

I'd expect him to shave his beard, too. This taint Cali.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I like the deal and I know how we all like to minimize a players value after he leaves our team, but Panarin was an absolute stud and I'm going to miss him.

No need for a stud that can't produce in the postseason because he's simply relies on finesse too much.