Panarin traded to CBJ for Saad

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I like the deal and I know how we all like to minimize a players value after he leaves our team, but Panarin was an absolute stud and I'm going to miss him.
A lot of people the whole second half of the season on had been stating that about Panarin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the deal and I know how we all like to minimize a players value after he leaves our team, but Panarin was an absolute stud and I'm going to miss him.

It is tough to watch a player that's been as successful as him leave.

It'll be interesting to see what the Breadman can do in the Blue. How much of his success was because of having Kane as a linemate...they had great chemistry. But will Panarin be that threat as a BJ? :shrug:

We know what Saad has done for this team and him being more mature it's hard to not be excited to see him back, I know I am.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is tough to watch a player that's been as successful as him leave.

It'll be interesting to see what the Breadman can do in the Blue. How much of his success was because of having Kane as a linemate...they had great chemistry. But will Panarin be that threat as a BJ? :shrug:

We know what Saad has done for this team and him being more mature it's hard to not be excited to see him back, I know I am.

So long, Artemi!

tumblr_o1j3sdC2bS1rryzypo1_540.gif

pxylZV8_d.jpg

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I don't know what Thornton would cost if he is chasing a cup, but I suspect Kane could score 60 goals and hit 100 points with him as a linemate. Crazy?

I don't know, Thornton is the most unpredictable and greatest passer I have ever seen play the game, he would be serving Kane up on a T in addition to what Kane does.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well I don't know what Thornton would cost if he is chasing a cup, but I suspect Kane could score 60 goals and hit 100 points with him as a linemate. Crazy?

I don't know, Thornton is the most unpredictable and greatest passer I have ever seen play the game, he would be serving Kane up on a T in addition to what Kane does.
During the JUL draft last night, the announcers said they expected a deal to be done with SJ. But one has to wonder if he is chasing a cup

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think he'll be a 25-30 goal guy. Watched him some.

If DeBrincat makes the big club and takes the spot opposite Kane on that line, I think it's 25-30 goals easy just because of what Kane can do and because DeBrincat appears to have the ability to keep up.

That's why the Blackhawks made this deal. They have lost all faith in Toews. He can no longer carry a line. They know that they can plug anybody in on the Kane line and still be ok.

I wouldn't say they've lost all faith in Toews, but No. 19 was at his best when Saad was on his LW. If Toews stays in this slump even with Saad back on his line, then he'll know there's something seriously wrong.

So does anyone else think Stan will trade anymore players?

Kruger's still gone, IMO.

If we could sign Thornton for Kane it would start to make sense in the team balance picture.
During the JUL draft last night, the announcers said they expected a deal to be done with SJ. But one has to wonder if he is chasing a cup

I'd take Joe Thornton in a heartbeat, provided he took a bit of a discount. Or you sign Thornton and flip Anisimov for some more help on the blue line, which the Hawks probably still need.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
People may be forgetting, they didn't really want to give up Saad... he was just the cap casualty. If his number works now, they'll all happy to have him back, it's said Toews and Kane pushed for this as they love him but that could just be twitter garbage.

I get it, but it was also how it was handled. Take a bridge contract at 3.5 to 4 million for 2 years till we see if the cap goes up.

Just seemed like, No? Fuck you, you are gone.

Does a player just forget about that?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I get it, but it was also how it was handled. Take a bridge contract at 3.5 to 4 million for 2 years till we see if the cap goes up.

The problems Saad said he left it all to his agent who didn't budge from 6mil and they didn't expect a trade... though it was clear the Hawks couldn't wait to risk a offer sheet. They didn't want Pittsburghs late 20s 1st rounders it he was gone. They wanted a player n got one.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No it's not.
Saad has 4 more years compared to Panarin's 2 at the same cap hit.
Saad is younger. Panarin has been absent in both playoff runs, plus he will command more than 6m/year when his UFA is due.

The Hawks are looking for a splash in the draft.
I am totally fine with this deal.

I view it differently. Panarin will be missed by Kane a lot. Those two guys were as close to magic as it gets in the ice. I think that Saad was brought back to try and resurrect Toews and that really was the reason. NO way do I make this deal.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

To me it sounded like there could have been some poor communication between Saad and his agent.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...I agree with Hawk to an extent. I might wait another year on this move to watch Panarin progress and give him the youth/inexperience benefit of the doubt for the playoffs, hope that he hated getting his ass kicked by Nashville and gets into the gym and gets stronger. You want to be patient because he is supremely talented and might have a top 10 slap shot in the world, and like Hawks said, is a magic left handed shot paired with Kane.

1. We hope that Saad is a better fit with us and our system then he is with Colombus.
2. We hope that Saad is a more impactful playoff contributer due to the different styles.

I do think Panarin will have some playoff moments before his NHL career is over. Panarin might have potential to be a top 10 player whereas Saad is a top 50 player if we get him right. That might be overvaluing both of them but you get the idea.

Saad 6'1" 206 24/25 years old. 3 points in playoffs, -5, Lefty 53 points on the season (without Kane)

Panarin 5'11" 170. 25/26 1 point in playoffs, -4, lefty 72 points on the season (with Kane.

Its actually Saad that has the better chance to get effectively stronger as baby face ain't ever gonna be on that frame. Baby face assassin.

Its clearly a close call, so if the guys in the lockerroom want Saad, that know what their character is like, or Bowman thinks he is more playoff effective, I think its too close to call for us on the outside to bitch about. Motte for the Goalie? That will have to play out but I don't like it. I wish we would acquire goalies with draft picks not prospects with potential. We know they don't even like Saad, escpecially Tortorella so they should have shit the bed at the prospect of getting Panarin. The minute they said "Panarin" in the talks we should have squeezed the fuck out of them is my only complaint here. Once again it just feels like the league decided to collude against us a few years ago and stop giving us deals or we would have won 5 championships in a row. League has been taking us to task and all making it hard on us and making us pay badly for cap hell.

You could see them both be 60 point players next year adjusting 10 each way for Kane, which one do we want in playoffs? But I still feel we have the uppper hand with the Panarin asset so is the goalie really worth a 1st round pick?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...I agree with Hawk to an extent. I might wait another year on this move to watch Panarin progress and give him the youth/inexperience benefit of the doubt for the playoffs, hope that he hated getting his ass kicked by Nashville and gets into the gym and gets stronger. You want to be patient because he is supremely talented and might have a top 10 slap shot in the world, and like Hawks said, is a magic left handed shot paired with Kane.

Not to be "that guy", but he's a right handed shot.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not to be "that guy", but he's a right handed shot.

yeah, I can see that in my mind if I think about it...

I just assumed the advantage was Panarin lefty on the left and Kane on the right but Kane is a left handed shot? Blowing my mind here. So its magic because its a left wing with a right shot and a right wing with a left shot?

And in my defense, I am lefty/ambidextrous and not a hockey player, so the direction I hold a stick doesn't tell me alot. I should have noticed what way Kane shoots but he plays RW exclusively and I thought that was why he was a righty, and that LW are hard to find because lefties.

haha.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Sharp rumors according to no like big connection sources exist for bringing him back on a short deal but Zawaski and others last week had said they were certainly not going to be in on signing sharp... when I was thinking I'd only be okay with it if Panarin wound up traded.

I guess a benefit would be allowing guys like Schmaltz n Hino to try more center fully and not have a extra middle 6 lw spot so they can see if they can develop at C

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sharp rumors according to no like big connection sources exist for bringing him back on a short deal but Zawaski and others last week had said they were certainly not going to be in on signing sharp... when I was thinking I'd only be okay with it if Panarin wound up traded.

I guess a benefit would be allowing guys like Schmaltz n Hino to try more center fully and not have a extra middle 6 lw spot so they can see if they can develop at C

Are you mo longer feeling Saad?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I view it differently. Panarin will be missed by Kane a lot. Those two guys were as close to magic as it gets in the ice. I think that Saad was brought back to try and resurrect Toews and that really was the reason. NO way do I make this deal.

I disagree.
Kane will "miss" Panarin, but 88 is a superstar, which means anyone on his line will benefit. Kane makes everyone around him better.
Saad is the Hossa replacement. It makes perfect sense on paper and on the ice.
I know you wouldn't make the deal, that's why most Hawks fans are not winning at NHL 17.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They brought Saad in to replace Hossa. 2 way player
Mitigate...not replace. Saad's not Hossa. Sure, Saad automatically becomes our best defensive FWD but Hossa's defensive play is still on another level--even in the twilight of his career. It would be like saying Silfverberg could replace Selanne.

However, I do agree this is a great move.
1: We now have a FWD who can win a board battle what with Hossa's departure.
2: With potentially 2 wingers that have scored more goals than him last season, Toews has no excuse for another down year.
3: Saad is younger than Panarin
4: Saad is signed longer than Panarin
5: Saad can play defense as a forward unlike Panarin.
6: Kane has proven he can be in the top 5 in league scoring with an old and decrepit Richards and Sharp; ergo even though his output may drop it shouldn't completely tank like Keith's defensive game in the 2017 playoffs.
7: Forsberg gives us an option in net--even though his NHL-stats thus far are like Huet-bad. Still, We got him and Glass vying for the backup--competition for a slot is a good thing.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Kane, as now, still has a solid option of a 2nd line center... it's not pirri or Zeus or rotating pieces. It's AA and maybe he'll have Schmaltz some times. That's pretty much all he's needed to be ppg beyond quality... so he won't hit 100 points likely, so what

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Panarin will miss Kane way more than Kane is going to miss Panarin.

Columbus doesn't have anyone who can put the puck on Panarin's tape like Kane did.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Panarin will miss Kane way more than Kane is going to miss Panarin.

Columbus doesn't have anyone who can put the puck on Panarin's tape like Kane did.

And if it's anything like the playoffs, we know he can't create a whole lot on his own.