Panarin traded to CBJ for Saad

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I don't think AA's NMC relaxes until July 1st.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I know they asked him for permission to seek a trade at the deadline, dont know if he already gave them the ok or not.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know they asked him for permission to seek a trade at the deadline, dont know if he already gave them the ok or not.

That's true, but let's say he doesn't/didn't give them permission. That can't help our draft status. However, we can possibly move him later and I
m kinda expecting that to happen, even if the return is Meh.

Call me a glass is fully empty type of guy (usually because I drank the contents), but given our situation I'm not expecting much help. I fully expect us to pick 8th, and get a guy that can *maybe* help us a bit in 2019, but likely 2020 or 2021. Further, I'm expecting the core guys to play out their contracts irrespective of their game on the ice. Might make for a few lean years but hey, it was worth it for the 3 cups.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
That's true, but let's say he doesn't/didn't give them permission. That can't help our draft status. However, we can possibly move him later and I

Call me a glass is fully empty type of guy (usually because I drank the contents), but given our situation I'm not expecting much help. I fully expect us to pick 8th, and get a guy that can *maybe* help us a bit in 2019, but likely 2020 or 2021. Further, I'm expecting the core guys to play out their contracts irrespective of their game on the ice. Might make for a few lean years but hey, it was worth it for the 3 cups.

We don't really need help for 2019, we have little to no shot at truly competing. The talent is not there, whether or not we pick up a quality FA or 2 (which I hope we do NOT).

Save the cap room for maneuvering during the season and take on someone else's contract problem provided they add a meaningful incentive - kind of a reverse TT move.

I am in favor of taking on only picks/prospects for the foreseeable future and no long-term commitments for anyone over 25 years old, because I cannot envision a window of serious competing before 2022 (at the earliest).

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We don't really need help for 2019, we have little to no shot at truly competing. The talent is not there, whether or not we pick up a quality FA or 2 (which I hope we do NOT).

Save the cap room for maneuvering during the season and take on someone else's contract problem provided they add a meaningful incentive - kind of a reverse TT move.

I am in favor of taking on only picks/prospects for the foreseeable future and no long-term commitments for anyone over 25 years old, because I cannot envision a window of serious competing before 2022 (at the earliest).
I agree, but there are some that think the core outside of Kane and Crawford can lead us to another cup. I think the 'hawks should be trying to get the next gen right now, not trying to sparkplug the current core (most of which would require 1.21 gigawatts to sparkplug their games)

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I really think they try to move AA and Seabrook. Dont know where Crow really stands or what happened to him, but without knowing they cant move him and will need to pony up for a better paid backup. Dont know if Hossa needs to really retire or if the hawks will get that same relief with the cap from him either.

There are plenty of guys on this roster "core" who would probably revive their career with a change of scenery and free up some room.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I really think they try to move AA and Seabrook. Dont know where Crow really stands or what happened to him, but without knowing they cant move him and will need to pony up for a better paid backup. Dont know if Hossa needs to really retire or if the hawks will get that same relief with the cap from him either.

There are plenty of guys on this roster "core" who would probably revive their career with a change of scenery and free up some room.

AA is moveable for a very small return, seabrook not so much. #7’s contract has such massive negative it would require throwing in El Gato and/or Schmaltz plus futures plus retaining a $$ portion as sweetener, not gonna happen.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

I fully expect Bowman to continue to be short sided and thing he's just one piece away from having the whole team come back together again. In that vain I bet he tries to package the 2 first rounders and try to move up and get a guy that can be the savior this year, instead of getting two quality guys who are going to be long time starters down the road.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I fully expect Bowman to continue to be short sided and thing he's just one piece away from having the whole team come back together again. In that vain I bet he tries to package the 2 first rounders and try to move up and get a guy that can be the savior this year, instead of getting two quality guys who are going to be long time starters down the road.
Hah! If that's the case I expect both Stan and Q to be looking for work next summet

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I expect Bowdork to jack this up and we get stuck with a Skille or Beachgoof type draft pick

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I expect Bowdork to jack this up and we get stuck with a Skille or Beachgoof type draft pick

You're probably right, but still...

iu

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They will do anything for the 10.5 mil goof Toews. Dumb trade I'll take Panarin over Saad any day. Hope Panarin rapes the Hawks anytime he gets

With the real possibility of Saad Panada being healthy scratched. Thought I would necro an old thread on the trade.

I still hate the trade

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
With the real possibility of Saad Panada being healthy scratched. Thought I would necro an old thread on the trade.

I still hate the trade

Yes, and again it was stated that while a risk, they went the guy who is locked in long term at 6M vs the guy that they weren't going to be able to keep after this year anyway because he's in for a big payday. It sucks and wish they could have held him longer, but they had thought that Saad was going to continue to be good and there was no reason to think he wasn't, he was also more suited as the type of player they needed with Breadman being more of a one dimensional goal scoring machine type of player. They had hoped, and rightly so that big cat could make up for the loss there. But Saad just hasn't held up to his end of the deal.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes, and again it was stated that while a risk, they went the guy who is locked in long term at 6M vs the guy that they weren't going to be able to keep after this year anyway because he's in for a big payday. It sucks and wish they could have held him longer, but they had thought that Saad was going to continue to be good and there was no reason to think he wasn't, he was also more suited as the type of player they needed with Breadman being more of a one dimensional goal scoring machine type of player. They had hoped, and rightly so that big cat could make up for the loss there. But Saad just hasn't held up to his end of the deal.

Agree. I just miss Panarin. I'm a fan boy.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yep. Shit like this happens all the time.