Panarin traded to CBJ for Saad

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tater I had a thought.... what if we hit the playoffs and Hoss like "Ya know, I could deal with the skin shit now..."

Are we allowed to bring him off LTIR after the season ends?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Panarin will miss Kane way more than Kane is going to miss Panarin.

Columbus doesn't have anyone who can put the puck on Panarin's tape like Kane did.
Not like Kane but Wenneberg is a great passer and if they re-siign 8 pt Ganger that's another great pass player. Those two gave cbj it's top Pp all year. I bet it gets weaker cause of trying too simply one time panarin too much.

But yeah Kane was on art Ross pace with Richards n versteeg. And also Panarin isn't likely to be played at 80% offensive zone starting time like Q gave him. Even with that scenario Saads 5on5 production is better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Tater I had a thought.... what if we hit the playoffs and Hoss like "Ya know, I could deal with the skin shit now..."

Are we allowed to bring him off LTIR after the season ends?
That's a damn good question... doesn't the cap end at the end of the season or something? Like how they pull in the black aces for the playoffs? I assume they would have to have some sort of procedure in place to stop teams from doing this?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
That's a damn good question... doesn't the cap end at the end of the season or something? Like how they pull in the black aces for the playoffs? I assume they would have to have some sort of procedure in place to stop teams from doing this?
It might only be allowable if they do the LTIR during the season which they seem to have to wait til day 2 of the season to do so.

If they do it in the Camp before season time I doubt they could bring that player back

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I had the same thought, but isn't this kinda what Timmonen did....spend just about the entire season on LTIR then come in at the end for the playoffs.

I was thinking maybe there is a requirement you play X number of games in the regular season to be able to come in for the playoffs...

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He will play because I SAY HE WILL PLAY!

Case closed.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He will play because I SAY HE WILL PLAY!

Case closed.

The cap says he wont play.... but wut about after the end of the regular season.... no one has said whether we are allowed to bring him off LTIR or not.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The cap says he wont play.... but wut about after the end of the regular season.... no one has said whether we are allowed to bring him off LTIR or not.

Imagine the uproar of such a move. People are still pissed from when the Blackhawks did this in 2015 with Kane/Vermette.

But I believe the loophole still exists even though several GM's asked for it to be changed after what the Blackhawks were able to do. It seems as though the Hawks are the Patriots of the NHL. They find a way around the rules, and then the rules are changed because of them.

I'm still salty about the Hawks getting penalized for the Hossa contract even though it was perfectly legal at the time of the deal.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imagine the uproar of such a move. People are still pissed from when the Blackhawks did this in 2015 with Kane/Vermette.

But I believe the loophole still exists even though several GM's asked for it to be changed after what the Blackhawks were able to do. It seems as though the Hawks are the Patriots of the NHL. They find a way around the rules, and then the rules are changed because of them.

I'm still salty about the Hawks getting penalized for the Hossa contract even though it was perfectly legal at the time of the deal.

To be fair...it wasn't just the 'hawks. Keith and Hoss aren't the only recapture risks in the league.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Crosby n Malkin both have it... I think Crosby moreso, he goes to making just 3 mil salary the last 3 years but I don't see people complain as much the penguins only were able to get good again from that cheat deal... hell if Crosby wasn't so superstitious about wanting a 8.7 cap hit and Malkin wanting to no more than him we'd be okay.

Too bad Kane isn't as crazy about 88 n didn't get Toews to sign a 8.8 hit deal with him.

But Loungo has cap recapture worry, Shea Weber does that still would hurt Nashville if he ever retires before his deal ends.

There is some deals with potential to hurt out there. It's still so long away but the Keith scenario of having to work with it is a situation for the future too but it may also be saved up by the next CBA

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It might only be allowable if they do the LTIR during the season which they seem to have to wait til day 2 of the season to do so.

If they do it in the Camp before season time I doubt they could bring that player back

I thought I read they are over the cap threshold right now, but can be by 10% during the summer, but need to be under one day before the start of the season and that's probably when they will LTIR? Maybe I misinterpreted it or something I can't remember which article I saw it in. Why would they have to wait till day 2 of the season?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

YES, this is absolute and complete bullshit, if the rules had already been in place don't you think it would have changed the contract. And I thought the rules were in place as more for Kovalchuk than they were for Hossa?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I thought I read they are over the cap threshold right now, but can be by 10% during the summer, but need to be under one day before the start of the season and that's probably when they will LTIR? Maybe I misinterpreted it or something I can't remember which article I saw it in. Why would they have to wait till day 2 of the season?
There's offseason ltiring which makes you unable to do what they did with Kane in acquiring Vermette. If they are to add talent via trade mid season adds they need to ltir Hossa during the season so after the first day.

And they punishments are all around. It was with the excessive Kovy deal the league decided to change the rules n he left to get the money in Russia. But the cap recapture rule was created then but no other team has been majorly hurt by it other than the cost of trading away the cap hit every so often.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
There's offseason ltiring which makes you unable to do what they did with Kane in acquiring Vermette. If they are to add talent via trade mid season adds they need to ltir Hossa during the season so after the first day.

And they punishments are all around. It was with the excessive Kovy deal the league decided to change the rules n he left to get the money in Russia. But the cap recapture rule was created then but no other team has been majorly hurt by it other than the cost of trading away the cap hit every so often.

I dont' think I'll even understand the intricacies of the cap so all hail Dale...err Stan... err whatever

As for the punishments, I know. And it's complete bullshit, not just for Hossa but for all teams penalized by the passing of a rule after the contracts were already signed.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The current problem for the Hawks is say next year they know Hossa is gonna be LTIR for good n want to trade him.

Unless Vegas wants to do it, there's not many teams right now anymore who want to take dead caps... because several of these budget cap teams now feel they have stronger cores to pay and build around like Florida, Carolina, Ari, NJ, Ottawa, etc. Maybe Vancouver will realize they have the worst future and begin taking assets for cap

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The current problem for the Hawks is say next year they know Hossa is gonna be LTIR for good n want to trade him.

Unless Vegas wants to do it, there's not many teams right now anymore who want to take dead caps... because several of these budget cap teams now feel they have stronger cores to pay and build around like Florida, Carolina, Ari, NJ, Ottawa, etc. Maybe Vancouver will realize they have the worst future and begin taking assets for cap

Why would they need to trade him? If he stays on LTIR for the rest of his contract?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Why would they need to trade him? If he stays on LTIR for the rest of his contract?
You don't get all the cap from the ltirs and that's why it's a different cap fit if you formally ir him in season or before the season

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
You don't get all the cap from the ltirs and that's why it's a different cap fit if you formally ir him in season or before the season

Ahhh I was thinking they got his full cap return if they LTIR him.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Problem is that Hossas deal this year is for 1 million dollars, where his cap hit for the next 4 years is 3.6 million due to the front loaded deal. The league does not like these deals and has outlawed them. Both Hossa and Keith are on these deals where we will have to count them against the cap for years after they are gone.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Problem is that Hossas deal this year is for 1 million dollars, where his cap hit for the next 4 years is 3.6 million due to the front loaded deal. The league does not like these deals and has outlawed them. Both Hossa and Keith are on these deals where we will have to count them against the cap for years after they are gone.

Cap hit is 5.275m