Hawks trade 26th pick for 29th and 70

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the Finnish defenseman they selected at 29.

Goldmedal winner with the youth world team. Has pedigree, his father played 13 years professionally...he would have been too young at his pops retirement to grow up in the Finnish league but he clearly grew up with the game.

TVR pulling a second shows what kind of value a promising defenseman can retain long into the future, as does Shattenkirks situation. He was in WHL Portland last year.

6'+ and 188. So solid. Will probably make 200lbs and puts up assists.

We now have 3 young Fins to go with the Swedish collection, so its clearly a Scandanavian fettish Bowman has for defenseman, not just Swedes.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
They stress skills in training and there's the notion of that he likes.

Usually the drafts have a couple big guys here and there but nothing so far, everyone seems to be midsized D n some smaller skill forwards.

They took a Czech Dman too, maybe Rozi will still be around when he develops

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We consistently have these small guy drafts. But you could argue the Finnish defenseman at the junior level is going to be a big strong man likely. The first rounder looks similar but much more polished and older. The NHL.com ticker isn't showing ages but the fifth rounder, Levaanen is only 17 or 18 and 6'2 200.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
They really dont, usually there's a lot of guys with size. Guys with size usually can take longer to develop though but the Knotts, Bondras, Iccopellis n whatnot have yet to be older than the prospect age still.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so if we compare our drafts to the Blues in the last 5 years they also drafted 10-15 150-170 lbsers without frames to grow?

We grab size here and there looking for that power forward but it just seems we take fliers, high rounds, on VERY LITTLE guys.

Very little doesn't turn us off.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jokihariju has promise...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk