Glennon Is A Week-To-Week Starting QB

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This article basically mirrors how I feel about the QB position. Mike Glennon will not be good enough to hold off Mitchell Trubisky, even in the short term. We will be seeing Trubisky on the field sooner rather than later...

What to expect from Bears QB Mike Glennon in 2017

It’s an annual tradition in Chicago. Every summer on the eve of training camp, questions about the Bears’ starting quarterback take on a life of their own.

Even when Jay Cutler, a widely respected talent who by any measure was, at least, an above-average starting quarterback, began every season with doubters. Would he finally care enough to lead a team deep into the playoffs? Was he ever going to take advantage of all his natural talent?

This season marks the first time in eight years that Cutler won’t be under center in Week 1. His departure has created more questions at quarterback than his presence ever did.

Mike Glennon, who is Ryan Pace’s hand-picked successor to Cutler, will be given the first crack at the starting job despite the existence of first-round pick Mitchell Trubisky on the roster.

It’s a double-whammy for Glennon. He’ll be an easy target for scorned Cutler fans. He’ll be viewed as nothing more than an obstruction by Trubiksy supporters.

Still, Glennon will have his chance. A chance that he probably deserves. He’s waited, patiently, behind Jameis Winston in Tampa Bay despite flashing starter’s upside as a rookie in 2013. He needed a new home and a legitimate opportunity to start again; the fit in Chicago is a natural one.

Whether Glennon holds the job all season is another question entirely. He has to play well in order to do so, and he has to get off to a hot start to keep his detractors at bay.

The odds aren’t in Glennon’s favor. The Bears first four games are against some of the NFL’s elite teams: Atlanta Falcons (Week 1); Pittsburgh Steelers (Week 3); Green Bay Packers (Week 4).

He’ll face his former team in Week 2.

If Glennon starts the year 1-3, or 0-4, he may not make it to October as the starting quarterback. And, unfortunately for him, I think that’s exactly what Bears fans can expect to happen.

Trubisky’s talent is one reason why the Bears will probably make a change earlier than many expect. But the asset he represents — the No. 2 pick overall and the defining transaction for Pace as a general manager — will be an overwhelming force behind any quarterback change.

Glennon’s contract is essentially a one-year prove-it deal, one that can only be viewed as a win-win for the Bears. If he plays like a franchise quarterback? Great, he’s the guy. If he doesn’t? Fine, no big deal. The Bears move on with Trubisky and bid Glennon farewell in 2018.

When it’s all said and done, Glennon will be a week-to-week, month-to-month starter in 2017. He won’t survive a series of bad games. He has to play well enough to keep Trubisky on the bench, which is a level of pressure that I’m not sure he can handle.

If Glennon makes it to Week 8 as the starter, then he’s going to be under center all year. However, don’t get your hopes up. After a lackluster first half of the season for the Bears, expect the Trubisky era to start no later than Chicago’s game against the New Orleans Saints on October 29.

http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2017/06/24/what-to-expect-from-bears-qb-mike-glennon-in-2017/

This is how it will most likely to play out for poor Mike Glennon. Kneel before the ginger giraffe, kneel before him.

- Here is Mike Glennon as he reports to the first day of training camp:

1rh92c.jpg

- Here is Mike Glennon during family fest at Soldier Field:

"Look at all those fans bothering bitchell, gives me more time to practice."

donald-trump-shrugs-it-off-gif

- Here is Mike Glennon after the first preseason game:

1rh9sa.gif

- Here is Mike Glennon after the final preseason game:

giphy.gif

- Here is Mike Glennon after the first game of the regular season:

39c.jpg

- Here is Mike Glennon after game 4 and losing the starting job:

TuRJAf.gif

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"You hear that Mr. Glennon?... That is the sound of inevitability... It is the sound of your death... Goodbye, Mr. Glennon..."

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kIbEj1CIpuU[/video]

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I think Glennon proves he is starter material and holds Mitch off until injured around game 10. Mitch will get a few games in and Glennon comes back and finishes the season strong. Mitch is the future but Glennon proves he is a real starter in this league. Besides Trubs, I would have taken Glennon over any QB coming out this year. Glennon will be a good QB, Trubs a true elite one day. I'm tired of waiting for football to start. There is no reason to knock MG. Poor guy keeps getting screwed.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I pray to all deities that Glennon cannot compete with Trubisky's talent level.

Glennon will be replaced at some point this season. Personally I think it is before week 10, but I think that Glennon gets weeks 1-4 no matter what to settle in.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Why anyone would want MG not to be good enough to start most if not all of the season is beyond me. Who prays for their starting QB to fail...Bears fans that's who.

God forbid he play well enough to garner a 1-3rd round pick next offseason, that would be awful.

:facepalm:

The ultimate scenario is Glennon plays at a high level for about 8 weeks, gets a soft tissue injury like a hammy that makes him unavailable for 4 weeks, Trubisky Wally Pipps him and Glennon becomes a healthy backup with trade value.

Last edited:

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
why the fuck would I want to watch a celery stick playing football. Let Trubs play.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would far rather see Trubisky sidelined long enough for the coaches to have broken his bad habits and the muscle memory to have developed for his proper mechanics.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Glennon proves he is starter material and holds Mitch off until injured around game 10. Mitch will get a few games in and Glennon comes back and finishes the season strong. Mitch is the future but Glennon proves he is a real starter in this league. Besides Trubs, I would have taken Glennon over any QB coming out this year. Glennon will be a good QB, Trubs a true elite one day. I'm tired of waiting for football to start. There is no reason to knock MG. Poor guy keeps getting screwed.

tenor.gif

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At what point does Trubisky start? When we go 0-6? 0-8? 0-10? I think Howard does well, and there will be some flashes of nice playing from Meredith, MAYBE White, and Shaheen, but we are going to lose a LOT this year. Sigh.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Put me in the this team might surprise you camp. They stand a shot at being 8-8 as long as we don't end up having another historically bad season in terms of injuries. People seem to always forget that teams routinely have a rough start to the beginning of the season and last year's success isn't a guarantee for next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see more wins in those first 8 games than anyone ever thought could have happened.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why anyone would want MG not to be good enough to start most if not all of the season is beyond me. Who prays for their starting QB to fail...Bears fans that's who.

God forbid he play well enough to garner a 1-3rd round pick next offseason, that would be awful.

The ultimate scenario is Glennon plays at a high level for about 8 weeks, gets a soft tissue injury like a hammy that makes him unavailable for 4 weeks, Trubisky Wally Pipps him and Glennon becomes a healthy backup with trade value.
I've said the same.:beer:

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
It’s a double-whammy for Glennon. He’ll be an easy target for scorned Cutler fans. He’ll be viewed as nothing more than an obstruction by Trubiksy supporters.

What, both of them? Struggling to think of a demographic I'd be less concerned about if I was Glennon.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

There comes a point in time where Mitchell Trubisky has learned all he needs to learn on the sideline and every game he doesn't start begins to become a detriment to his development and the team in general.

Worst case scenario is a painfully mediocre Mike Glennon robbing invaluable in game experience from Trubisky.

JPPT1974

April Showers and Easter 2024!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Seattle Mariners
  1. Los Angeles FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Tennessee Titans
  1. St. Louis Blues
  1. Kentucky Wildcats
I think Glennno will start for a few weeks and if he is not doing well, then Mitchell will replace him. Not just in the season, but the future would be now.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Even if Tribusky doesn't start he will be worth having moved up just to have kept Glennon on his toes and focused. Without Tribusky, many would have gave Glennon time to adjust, possibly even the whole season. Afterall, was Sanchez or a 3rd/4th rounder going to displace a QB that is getting paid 16 mil this year?? The would be the Osweiler dabacle all over again..

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
Its like watching the movie Eddie the Eagle again. This doofus actually thinks he is super-talented as a QB. Some asshole lied to him when he was a kid and the dude's been obsessed with the football ever since. and whats more ironic is that there are a lot of morons out there(including the Bears officials who signed him) who also actually think this half giraffe/half human crossbred is going to produce like a touchdown machine. lol GTFOH!

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Its like watching the movie Eddie the Eagle again. This doofus actually thinks he is super-talented as a QB. Some asshole lied to him when he was a kid and the dude's been obsessed with the football ever since. and whats more ironic is that there are a lot of morons out there(including the Bears officials who signed him) who also actually think this half giraffe/half human crossbred is going to produce like a touchdown machine. lol GTFOH!

Are you a dumb fuck or do you just play one on CCS?