Best Bears coach's since Halas?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Coaching has been just as bad as QB the last 50+ or so . HC, OC and DC' We will just give STs to Toub. HC = Lovie, DC = Fangio (fk Buddie), OC The hobbit, I think our current OC is top notch. What can you put together with all bear coaches after Halas. PS. Don't hate me for saying Lovie. I puked as I said it.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just head coach's... Ditka, Lovie

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fangio?

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Coaches. I would say Toub. I can't give it to a HC. Ditka was ok, but a not that great. He had some really good teams, and bad. I can't say his influence made the difference.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to the stuff I've read about the 85 Bears, Buddy Ryan.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rod Marinelli got the most out of our defense. I honestly wonder what could have been if Rod was our defensive coordinator here instead of Ron Rivera. Rod played a much more aggressive and complimentary defense for the roster and style of defense we had. Ron far too often bitched out and gave up Special person real estate to wide receivers by not contesting the line of scrimmage and playing the corners way off. Just look at the crap he ran in the SB. Constantly allowing the slants.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I guess Lovie. It can't be Ditka, he was the worst.

Ditka just happened to be there when the team Jim Finks put together was killing everyone.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mel Tucker.

When-Someone-Says-Enjoy-Getting-Up-Early-Getting-Stuff-Done-Before-Real-Day-Starts.gif

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure Fangio, he has done very well with little talent to work with. Buddie had 11 all pro's to work with.

Eh, a little too "prisoner of the moment" for me. I'd like to see us get to the playoffs at least once before I announce someone the BEST in the past 50 YEARS.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Threads like this make me sad. It's makes me sad realizing how shitty this franchise has been in the last half century. The fucking Ravens have more Super Bowls and they only started 20 years ago. FUCK SHIT BITCH!

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Messina

jive

Liked Posts:
HC - Ditka. He won a Superbowl, and was a good motivator. Unlike other coaches, if he threatened to kick a player's ass, they had good reason to believe he would be able to. He was a creative play caller, and he left the D alone to do their thing. Interesting interviews is an added bonus. 2nd is Lovie for getting alot out of his players, developing players on D.

DC - Buddy Ryan, no contest. DC of the best D that the NFL has ever seen. Excellent motivator, innovator on D, and good player development. When he took over at Philly, they had an excellent D with arguably the top front 7.

OC - Toss up between Landry and Turner. Landry kept the Bears slightly above average with little talent, while 2 of the top scoring offenses in since Halas came under Turner.

ST - Dave Toub, by a mile. Best special teams were under his watch.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fangio?

Ryan, Rivera, and Marinelli come ahead of vaunted 'Vic for me. Blache had it going well for a while too.

As for HC, Lovie.

Last edited:

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
HC: DITKA- This ain't even close. No one got more out his players than Ditka. When he coached, being a Chicago Bear meant something to the players. Now it's means JACK! SQUAT! Sad.

DC: Again, not even close.

OC: Sad as it may be, Ron Turner. '95 was magical with everybody healthy. Kramer-Conway-Graham we're DEADLY! Similar results in '06 SB season with worse WRs. If only Griese had played in the 2nd half of SB41...we might have won. Thing that separates Turner from everybody else...he's the ONLY freaking one who understood BALANCE in playcalling.

ST: Toub- yet again...not even close. Though Danny Abramowicz was fun and pulled some neat tricks in the early 90s. Him not being a HC yet is the greatest travesty in all of football.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
If I had to make an entire staff out of the last 30-35 years it'd be like this...

HC-DITKA
DC -BUDDY
OC- TURNER
ST- TOUB
QBS-MATT CAVANAUGH
RBS- JOHNNY ROLAND
WRS- MIKE GROH
OL- TONY WISE
DL- ROD MARINELLI
LB -RON RIVERA (chose him over Babich because Ron deserves a spot)
DB- PERRY FEWELL

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
There's only one answer.

The only one that's won a Superbowl.