IST: Cubs @ Washington

CSF77

Liked Posts:
This could become interesting soon. Both Butler and Montgomery put up decent games. Anderson in AA in rehab. Hendricks starting to throw again.

What will they do?

I'm hoping it will end up Hendricks and Montgomery. Butler and Anderson are both avg less than 5 IP per start. Too many innings put on the pen. Just like today. Had to use up 6 guys to close out. Nothing wrong with his start in general but he was outing to ball into play all game and eventually they will fall in.

But hoping 6 guys will all work perfect innings is just a bad bet.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
This could become interesting soon. Both Butler and Montgomery put up decent games. Anderson in AA in rehab. Hendricks starting to throw again.

What will they do?

I'm hoping it will end up Hendricks and Montgomery. Butler and Anderson are both avg less than 5 IP per start. Too many innings put on the pen. Just like today. Had to use up 6 guys to close out. Nothing wrong with his start in general but he was outing to ball into play all game and eventually they will fall in.

But hoping 6 guys will all work perfect innings is just a bad bet.

I'd imagine they move Montgomery back to the bullpen. He's more valuable there than Butler.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I took the "then Davis happened" to imply it was normal.

Not sensitive. Just don't want to rip this year's most (only?) consistent performer.
Davis and Edwards are the only 2 that been consistently good all year..

Those 2 are the only deserving All Stars..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
DDWXLN9XsAEnidf.jpg

TL1961

Liked Posts:
And the greatest defensive team of all time allows another unearned run.

Sigh.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I wonder if even Jake still thinks that he is worth $200 mill plus.
Reality is a bitch sometimes.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Jake is not back like some were thinking and Miggy shouldnt be catching, he can not throw anyone out.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Still don't see how people think this team going to be more then a mediocre .500 team all year..

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What will be the excuse today...sweat made the baseball slip. No "feel" today. Swear sometimes you really want a guy that can throw mid 90's and pound the zone vs this excuse or that one....

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Still don't see how people think this team going to be more then a mediocre .500 team all year..

They are .500 because something is not working that day. Today it was Jake. Going up vs Scherzer you pencil it in anyways but the starter has to give the O a realistic shot.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
They are .500 because something is not working that day. Today it was Jake. Going up vs Scherzer you pencil it in anyways but the starter has to give the O a realistic shot.
That the frustrating thing with this team..

They have very talented players which is obvious cause they won WS last year..

Just every time you think their turning the corner, boom its either bad pitching, offense , defense or combo that knocks them back..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
That the frustrating thing with this team..

They have very talented players which is obvious cause they won WS last year..

Just every time you think their turning the corner, boom its either bad pitching, offense , defense or combo that knocks them back..

snakebit

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It's a hell of lot more than that. It's more than the best players, best managing....for the better part of the last two seasons everything fell into place for this team. Every kid they brought up jumped right in and produced....suddenly unheralded veterans miraculously turned into Cy Young candidates. Players played out of position and played like they were born to play there, guys with questionable defensive histories were suddenly decent options in the field. When they needed to score runs, they found a way...they took walks and found a way to get them around and in to score. They were remarkably healthy plus the only killer injury they had turned into another positive as his season ending injury didn't turn out to be season ending as he played the WS like he hadn't missed a minute. Maybe it was 108 years of misery evening up, regardless, everyone had to know that wasn't going to last. The length of the season demands equalization at some point. Seems like everyone the Dodgers bring up is an All-Star waiting to happen, same with Houston....that's how baseball is. It's their turn. It's been 20 years since someone has won back to back....I wouldn't be surprised if it went another 20.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Christopher Kamka @ckamka
#Cubs: 5 games with 2 or fewer hits this season. Most since they had 6 such games in 1985. Still more than half a season left.

I know how people will react to this stat but I think it will be the wrong reaction. This to me screams statistical regression. This team isn't *that* bad at hitting.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Miggy might have lost another game out of his short schedule. People are seeing he is the worst pop time catcher other than McCann, who you expect.

Is Kyle catching in Iowa or is Caratini next up?

After the outburst about playing time in the playoffs last year now throwing Jake under the bus, then backing over him again is not going to sit right.

another case of waiting too long to unload a guy.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Montero designated for assignment...V. Caratini is being brought up.

Montero was getting 14 mil per year, should have kept his yap shut to the press.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It was a matter of time before this move was going to happen. All he did was trigger it early

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Guaranteed money so he's no poorer for it financially and he was a FA at the end of the year anyway.

Basically he had to know that if he said what he did yesterday that this was coming. He wanted retirement to start early