IST: Cubs @ Washington

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
I will take a four game split against the Nats in their park.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
We can help fix the Yankees (Frazier) and the Nationals (Robertson Kahnle). What other playoff team can the White Sox help?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
We can help fix the Yankees (Frazier) and the Nationals (Robertson Kahnle). What other playoff team can the White Sox help?
Cubs with Quintana and Robertson

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Can't move you Robertson, he's headed to Washington for Robles. Q is available. :)

I'd be surprised if the Nats deal Robles. Think Robertson goes to someone else frankly. I mean they probably need him the most and all but I wouldn't trade a top 25 CF for a closer... ever. And just so we're clear, I wouldn't have dealt Torres either last year.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Tommy Birch ✔ @TommyBirch
At this rate, I'd be surprised to see Kyle Schwarber make the road trip with the Iowa #Cubs. Guessing he finishes homestand and goes back.

That road trip starts the 4th.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'd be surprised if the Nats deal Robles. Think Robertson goes to someone else frankly. I mean they probably need him the most and all but I wouldn't trade a top 25 CF for a closer... ever. And just so we're clear, I wouldn't have dealt Torres either last year.

And I get that, however, you saw the hauls for Miller, Chapman, and Shark. Given what the Nationals need, I think more now as their bullpen continues to fail at the job gets done. There might be a guy like Luis Beasbe headed to the Nats so they have an OF spec in return. The nice thing about David is you get him for next year too which makes him more valuable than the rentals of Chapman and Shark in an argument at least.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
And I get that, however, you saw the hauls for Miller, Chapman, and Shark. Given what the Nationals need, I think more now as their bullpen continues to fail at the job gets done. There might be a guy like Luis Beasbe headed to the Nats so they have an OF spec in return. The nice thing about David is you get him for next year too which makes him more valuable than the rentals of Chapman and Shark in an argument at least.

IDK why but I sorta feel like the dodgers go after him. They can't keep throwing away years of Kershaw's prime. They really need to get over the hump and while their bullpen has been good... it can always be better. Plus they have a stupid amount of low level talent thanks to IFA signings.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:

I don't see them moving Robles. They wouldn't move him for McCutchen and they reportedly told your White Sox he wasn't even in the discussion on Eaton or Robertson. I was listening to an Tampa Bay beat writer yesterday who is convinced the Rays will be sellers and that Colome is a good fit for the Nats. Colome has struggled but the leagues change would probably do him good.If I were Washington and TB, who has a penchant for pitching, would settle for a package led by Erick Fedde as opposed to giving up Robles I think they'll do that. All that said I don't know that the guy is right, if TB wants to sell tickets they don't fold 'em in 2017 but they are loaded prospect wise and could get even more shored up with a couple of trades.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I don't see them moving Robles. They wouldn't move him for McCutchen and they reportedly told your White Sox he wasn't even in the discussion on Eaton or Robertson. I was listening to an Tampa Bay beat writer yesterday who is convinced the Rays will be sellers and that Colome is a good fit for the Nats. Colome has struggled but the leagues change would probably do him good.If I were Washington and TB, who has a penchant for pitching, would settle for a package led by Erick Fedde as opposed to giving up Robles I think they'll do that. All that said I don't know that the guy is right, if TB wants to sell tickets they don't fold 'em in 2017 but they are loaded prospect wise and could get even more shored up with a couple of trades.

Realistically they probably should be selling. They are a .500 team that looks like a .500 team. At least with the cubs playing like a .500 team you can look at their players and say they should be better. Moving Morrison and Rasmus prior to the deadline would make a lot of sense given they are on one year deals.