IST: Cubs @ Reds

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really don't get this line of thinking. If you're going to go with Burks why bother getting Span? Like I wouldn't trade Almora personally but if the idea is he's bait for a more pressing SP need then fine. Do that, play Happ/Jay/Heyward in CF for the next year or so til Burks is ready. What's Span realistically do here? He's not making this team go from where it is to the playoffs. And more to the point he's HORRIBLE in CF. He's -14 DRS already this year and the past 2 years has been -10+ UZR/150. So any value his bat does provide is immediately offset by his deficiencies on defense. It's just a dumb trade idea which given it came from Lavine isn't that surprising.

Everyone keeps looking for the "Kenny Lofton" quick fix......

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It was ARam also that year.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The team needs a Lead off but it needs a starting pitcher more. If they can swing both that is great.

Span makes sense if they can get a package deal in return. He is not a solid CF but neither was Fowler. Just saying...

At the end of the day if a guy can fill a need in the line up they will over look a lacking in the field. They proved that with Fowler. Now Schwarber. It is what they do