Do you think the Cubs will make the playoffs?

Are the 2017 cubs going to be a playoff team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
So here we are exactly halfway through the season and the Cubs are sitting at 40-41, 3 games behind the brewers, only a half game ahead of St Louis, and nowhere near a wild card spot.

Whaddya say?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
If they don't make changes to rotation ...
No

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Clearly they need a spark. I think Schwarber coming back could provide one assuming he hits and I assume they will make some sort of trade for SP. If Schwarber has got himself back to where he needs to be I think they have more than enough offense. They just need to get everyone going and healthy. Pitching worries me more. We don't know what Hendricks will be when he's back. He was OK to star the year but no where near his career average. Lester is solid. Arrieta has good underlying numbers but poor results. Lackey is looking more and more done. And the 5th starter is a crap shoot. It'd be nice if Brett Anderson came back healthy and pitching well.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I do think they will make it. The key to this season has been starting pitching and preventing the 2-3 game losing streaks we keep having that keep us at .500.

I would like to trade for better depth at SP and not a high end guy as it ssems this years free agent class is pretty good. I would like a trade for Tanaka or Matt Moore, guys thar are former TOR guys who are struggling and would be ideal 4/5s here.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
this whole division is going to stagger around .500, anyone of these central teams can win it. Might only take 85 wins.