Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Mayweather/Macgregor

  1. #1
    All-Star Unannounced Fart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    3,102

    Default Mayweather/Macgregor

    Was kinda shocked to see that Mayweather is only -650 to win this fight. At this number, I think this is one of the easiest bets I've ever seen in boxing. I think Mayweather should be about -5000. 50-1 is about right, not 6.5-1. All the dumb, uneducated money is coming in from the UFC people. Mayweather is one of the most unhittable fighters that real pros can't hit.. this amateur won't hit him.

  2. #2
    All-Star bamainatlanta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cumming
    Posts
    9,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unannounced Fart View Post
    Was kinda shocked to see that Mayweather is only -650 to win this fight. At this number, I think this is one of the easiest bets I've ever seen in boxing. I think Mayweather should be about -5000. 50-1 is about right, not 6.5-1. All the dumb, uneducated money is coming in from the UFC people. Mayweather is one of the most unhittable fighters that real pros can't hit.. this amateur won't hit him.
    this is a novelty fight, almost like a sideshow at a circus. A professional boxer going up against an amateur boxer that tires easily. This fight might go 5 rounds if lucky. Mayweather may actually throw some haymakers and end this debacle early. Promoters are just excited to get a big named white guy go up against Mayweather.

  3. #3
    All-Star Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Enemy Territory via southern C
    Posts
    12,916

    Default

    I agree its a non-fight. I saw at least one boxing champion say that its necessary to respect McGregor's left hand though, and that the lack of experience for Connor is so extreme its almost an advantage because of how awkward he will be.

    he may try to pretend to be hurt, and use tricker, and hit hard moving backward, ...he is still a younger bigger southpaw with knockout power...against the best mathematician in boxing history. Floyd can add. He has never been beat at boxing. The saddest thing that could happen is Floyd ends up having to respect Connors power and goes into defensive shell point boxing and bores everyone to death.

    Connor probably determines by fight night to go out with haymakers, and just attack, bully, push, force him to fight.
    I think people entertain its possibility too much partly because we all want Floyd Mayweather to lose and get knocked out. Some guys will fool you and all of a sudden in defeat have astonishing humility and maturity, but I think we all kinda know Mayweather is a poor sport, and its almost comical from the karmic universe that a dick like him would never face defeat. I guess he was robbed of a gold medal match if I'm remembering the right history. The only guy who ever beat Mayweather is like a broke cab driver on disability from Bulgaria.

  4. #4
    All-Star Unannounced Fart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    3,102

    Default

    Man, these press conferences have been ridiculous. Reminds me of WWF.

  5. #5
    All-Star Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Enemy Territory via southern C
    Posts
    12,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unannounced Fart View Post
    Man, these press conferences have been ridiculous. Reminds me of WWF.
    I want them both to lose now. Why should we make these racist, sexist, homophobic, clowns any richer for a non-fight? This will be the biggest rip off in history and I think Dana White is all about it because it will make boxing look stupid in the end. At the end of the day, Connor can still say its not a real fight but he is real rich now.

    These guys are so trashy and vulgar and walk around like fucking roosters man. Just pathetic displays of what human men can be.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    I want them both to lose now. Why should we make these racist, sexist, homophobic, clowns any richer for a non-fight? This will be the biggest rip off in history and I think Dana White is all about it because it will make boxing look stupid in the end. At the end of the day, Connor can still say its not a real fight but he is real rich now.

    These guys are so trashy and vulgar and walk around like fucking roosters man. Just pathetic displays of what human men can be.
    I agree with you. I watched part of a movie called the Great White Hype yesterday. And it was kind of a mockery about the joke that the fight game is.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Big Show from WWE will show up like he's gonna help Mayweather only to turn heel on him for Mayweather defeating him at WrestleMania and breaking his nose.

  8. #8
    Richard Cranium ursamajor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Williston, ND
    Posts
    5,728

    Default

    I'd rather see the wee little man from Ireland fight Jon Jones. But he won't, because he needs all these rules. So much for the old "not the size of the dog in the fight" adage.

    What a pussy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •