IST: Cubs vs Pirates

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Been what I've been questioning all year...

They don't bring back Fowler...fine , they didn't want to spend money on him..
But
Wasn't it also to allow Almora the opportunity to play and develop in CF? And why they brought in Jay to be his LH back up..

Both those guys has been pretty much their most consistent hitters all year bit they both have taken a back seat to PT lately..

Right now i guarantee that have no idea who going to play CF, 2B, or SS for them next year...

Baez and Russell haven't stepped up their game offensively..

Almora has been put on bottom shelf, despite having some success.

Happ been the surprise but they haven't settled on a position for him.. (I prefer 2B)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I am probably the only person that remember hearing Theo saying Heyward will cover center field for a few years to replace Fowler after he turned down the offer in after 2015. Then they brought Fowler back and never once even considered using Heyward as a leadoff hitter.

Dont put too much pressure on Heyward, dont make Lester take one on the chin for the team like you would expect a rookie in the pen to hurl 4 innings in a blow out. Watch Rizzo leadoff, bunt to third, watch KB double to the wall in right center, but when runners are on they are pounding the ball into the shift pulling everything.

Take the fact that Russell and Baez get raked over the coals for pulling everything.

You cannot protect the top guys so much that the middle and bottom guys feel like they are getting picked on.

Let Arrieta or Lester get thru 5, but pull Hendricks game 7 after he gets cheated on a pitch.

That can ruin a clubhouse.

Send in the clowns Joe, it covers up the favoritism that is happening on a daily basis.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am probably the only person that remember hearing Theo saying Heyward will cover center field for a few years to replace Fowler after he turned down the offer in after 2015. Then they brought Fowler back and never once even considered using Heyward as a leadoff hitter.

Dont put too much pressure on Heyward, dont make Lester take one on the chin for the team like you would expect a rookie in the pen to hurl 4 innings in a blow out. Watch Rizzo leadoff, bunt to third, watch KB double to the wall in right center, but when runners are on they are pounding the ball into the shift pulling everything.

Take the fact that Russell and Baez get raked over the coals for pulling everything.

You cannot protect the top guys so much that the middle and bottom guys feel like they are getting picked on.

Let Arrieta or Lester get thru 5, but pull Hendricks game 7 after he gets cheated on a pitch.

Send in the clowns Joe, it covers up the favoritism that is happening on a daily basis.

Oh, so no one is hitting, fielding or pitching because of the manager. I see....how enlightening.

THE POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!

photo.jpg

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Replacing Fowler defensively does not mean replacing him at leadoff. There can not be a worse choice at leadoff than Heyward.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Replacing Fowler defensively does not mean replacing him at leadoff. There can not be a worse choice at leadoff than Heyward.

why? no speed? no base running ability? no walks? His slugging and OPS does not belong in the middle of the lineup. Did you complain when Zobrist led off, worse average and worse OBP than Heyward because Zobrist walked 10 times more while striking out as many times as heyward?

You are missing the point I am making against Joe. Bring up a rookie, make him lead off or hit 4th, but never put additional pressure on Heyward. Who should be up to the challenge, the rookie brought up months early or a 182 million dollar player? Run the numbers and Bryant should be leading off, which would force Heyward to get moved up to drive him in.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
why? no speed? no base running ability? no walks? His slugging and OPS does not belong in the middle of the lineup. Did you complain when Zobrist led off, worse average and worse OBP than Heyward because Zobrist walked 10 times more while striking out as many times as heyward?

You are missing the point I am making against Joe. Bring up a rookie, make him lead off or hit 4th, but never put additional pressure on Heyward. Who should be up to the challenge, the rookie brought up months early or a 182 million dollar player? Run the numbers and Bryant should be leading off, which would force Heyward to get moved up to drive him in.

I am not interested in making a move detrimental to the team in order to "put pressure on" a guy who is poor offensively.

What benefit is there?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am not interested in making a move detrimental to the team in order to "put pressure on" a guy who is poor offensively.

What benefit is there?

Benefit is what if it works?

Didnt Heyward start out being the #2 hitter when he got here? I know his had little intestinal fortitude, but why is he the only guy they have not tried up there?