2017 White Sox Trade Talk

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Absolutely. There were many empty seats in the old stadium and empty seats mean less revenue. Frankly I do not know why Reinny doesn't give the seats away when he knows that walk up sales are not going to occur. Give them to schools as a fan gesture. To senior citizens clubs. Etc. Hell, he'd at least get merchandise and concessions revenue from it as well as creating some positive community support.
You can't fucking do that. It completely alienates your season ticket base which is the main driver of attendance revenue.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clippard is devastated to come here but Yankees wanted to off-set some of the cash.

I suppose he will be traded with Melky, maybe Shields and hopefully they stop there with just the rest of the aging vets.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I love this trade. We moved off expendable pieces and got three nice kids back. I think Clippard will be given every chance to be the closer and get traded off in the next 12 days.

Hahn has to be GM of the year. There is no other logical choice. He took a bottom 5 farm and made it the best in the game.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love this trade. We moved off expendable pieces and got three nice kids back. I think Clippard will be given every chance to be the closer and get traded off in the next 12 days.

Hahn has to be GM of the year. There is no other logical choice. He took a bottom 5 farm and made it the best in the game.

Ha, Ha, Ha. They now have the worst team in the Al and he is GM of the year:(

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can't fucking do that. It completely alienates your season ticket base which is the main driver of attendance revenue.

Sure. I made it half in jest because Reinny is too stupid to do anything to bring people to the ball park.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Clippard is devastated to come here but Yankees wanted to off-set some of the cash.

I suppose he will be traded with Melky, maybe Shields and hopefully they stop there with just the rest of the aging vets.

Yeah, I can see Clippard now being monitored after they took all sharp objects off of him and also his shoe strings:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love how you can;t see past the 25 man roster. You have a limited view on what a GM does.

Funny shit. Reinny gave Hahn the order to cut payroll for prospects and he went out and did it. He did a good job following orders as the good GM that he is. The problem isn't Hahn. The problem is Reinny. He is a terrible owner and Chicago is stuck with him. BTW, Brett, another insult leveled. Way to go.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
.... Reinny gave Hahn the order to cut payroll for prospects and he went out and did it. He did a good job following orders as the good GM that he is. The problem isn't Hahn. The problem is Reinny. He is a terrible owner and Chicago is stuck with him. BTW, Brett, another insult leveled. Way to go.

It's not an insult if it is true.

Show the proof the Jerry said reduce payroll. I will keep breathing.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Funny shit. Reinny gave Hahn the order to cut payroll for prospects and he went out and did it. He did a good job following orders as the good GM that he is. The problem isn't Hahn. The problem is Reinny. He is a terrible owner and Chicago is stuck with him. BTW, Brett, another insult leveled. Way to go.
This is 100% untrue.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This is from November 8th, 2016:

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-white-sox/gm-rick-hahn-hints-rebuild-could-be-horizon-white-sox

“We’ve always been focused on putting ourselves in the best position to win,” Hahn said. “At the same time, I think we’re veering away from the standpoint of looking for stopgaps. A lot of what we did in the last few years had been trying to enhance the short-term potential of the club to put ourselves in a position to win immediately. I feel the approach at this point is focusing on longer-term benefits. It doesn’t mean we won’t necessarily be in a good position in 2017. It means that our targets and whatever we’re hoping to accomplish have a little more longer-term fits in nature."

Here's December 12, 2016:

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-w...-white-sox-rebuild-were-not-going-force-thing

“We’re not going to force this thing,” Hahn said last week at the Winter Meetings. “Until the right players are accessible and we feel the market condition is right based on the value of our players and what’s accessible to us, we’re going to have to wait for the right time. But we know what we want to do and we realize we’re going to have to exercise a little bit of patience, which isn’t the easiest thing for all of us. But again our focus is on the long term benefit of all this.”

Hawk, Hahn has been very up front about this. Probably almost too transparent. Jerry Reinsdorf is 81 years old, and given how he's always given a preference to the Sox, do you honestly think at his age he wants to wait until 2019 for another ring? This is Rick Hahn's rebuild. If you can't see that, I don't know what to say to you.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not an insult if it is true.

It was an insult, Brett. You just are not man enough to admit it.

Show the proof the Jerry said reduce payroll. I will keep breathing.

Keep drinking the Reinne Kool-aid, Brett. Enjoy the San Diego Padres of the AL aka the Chicago White Sox. I've seen this movie before but it starred some team from Ohio, Oh yeah. it was the Cleveland Indians with Cerano and company:( Put your order in now for the Las Vegas Sox season tickets when the 2018-2020 White Sox take the field.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is from November 8th, 2016:

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-white-sox/gm-rick-hahn-hints-rebuild-could-be-horizon-white-sox

Here's December 12, 2016:

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-w...-white-sox-rebuild-were-not-going-force-thing

Hawk, Hahn has been very up front about this. Probably almost too transparent. Jerry Reinsdorf is 81 years old, and given how he's always given a preference to the Sox, do you honestly think at his age he wants to wait until 2019 for another ring? This is Rick Hahn's rebuild. If you can't see that, I don't know what to say to you.

What do you think Hahn is going to say if he wants to keep his job? No way did Hahn go out to win by 2019 let alone 2018. Most of these guys will not be ready to play in 2018 or even 2019. And at least half of these guys will not be major league players for more than a season or so. No way. Reinny is an old man but a cheap old man and Hahn is a good GM who followed the orders of his boss. No way is this Hahn's rebuild. He is too smart to believe that these prospects are the way to a championship.

A cheap owner who owns two of the worst teams in all professional sports. That is Jerry Reinsdorf.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What do you think Hahn is going to say if he wants to keep his job? No way did Hahn go out to win by 2019 let alone 2018. Most of these guys will not be ready to play in 2018 or even 2019. And at least half of these guys will not be major league players for more than a season or so. No way. Reinny is an old man but a cheap old man and Hahn is a good GM who followed the orders of his boss. No way is this Hahn's rebuild. He is too smart to believe that these prospects are the way to a championship.

A cheap owner who owns two of the worst teams in all professional sports. That is Jerry Reinsdorf.
You can't be helped.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
2019:

1B Delmonico / Sheets
2B Moncada
SS Anderson
3B Davidson / Burger
LF Jimenez
CF Robert
RF Rutherford
C Collins

P Rodon
P Kopech
P Lopez
P Giolito
P Fulmer

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2019:

1B Delmonico / Sheets
2B Moncada
SS Anderson
3B Davidson / Burger
LF Jimenez
CF Robert
RF Rutherford
C Collins

P Rodon
P Kopech
P Lopez
P Giolito
P Fulmer

Hilarious. But at least you responded:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is 100% untrue.

And how do you know this, Gus? Look at the payroll anticipated for 2018 and beyond and tell me is isn't extremely low. Despite having one of the richest owner in sports, his pay-roll is the bottom of the barrel. Nothing happens on the White Sox or the Bulls without Reinny's approval in regards to salary. Okay, after this wholesale shit canning of MAJOR LEAGUE PRIME TIME talent, the White Sox have a lot of MINOR LEAGUE talent and a lot of you are giddy. Big whoop:)

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
And how do you know this, Gus? Look at the payroll anticipated for 2018 and beyond and tell me is isn't extremely low. Despite having one of the richest owner in sports, his pay-roll is the bottom of the barrel. Nothing happens on the White Sox or the Bulls without Reinny's approval in regards to salary. Okay, after this wholesale shit canning of MAJOR LEAGUE PRIME TIME talent, the White Sox have a lot of MINOR LEAGUE talent and a lot of you are giddy. Big whoop:)
Of course the payroll is low. They've shed themselves of a ton of salary that hasn't gotten them to the playoffs. Instead, they decided to go with very good young talent.

Ask yourself this question: would you rather the Sox contend for one year, or would you rather they contend for multiple years? From my interpretation of what they are doing, they are setting themselves up to contend for multiple years.