2017 White Sox Trade Talk

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Latest is the Brewers are looking at Q for their rotation. Talks from the Brewers have to start with Brinson. Ray would have been great prior to the rebuild as the team didn't care about batter's whiffs. With the rebuild Ray is a big NO for me.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He makes a lot of sense for the Rockies, Yanks, Dodgers, Astros and even the Cubs too.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still say they should hold onto him. He's a young veteran that they can build around with all the promising young arms they acquired. You don't want to run 5 kids out there, you really need one stabilizer in the rotation. Robertson, Frazier and Cabrera should be guys they are shopping.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
you can buy and trade for vet leadership when ready. Right now you collect as many assets as possible

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
you can buy and trade for vet leadership when ready. Right now you collect as many assets as possible

Counterproductive. You already have what you need and at a very affordable price for the next 3 years. Why hit the marketplace or trade where you nearly always have to over pay?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Counterproductive. You already have what you need and at a very affordable price for the next 3 years. Why hit the marketplace or trade where you nearly always have to over pay?

You could say the same thing about Chris Sales. Where do you draw the line? Meantime, if they get rid of Cabrera, Frazier, Robertson, etc as well as a good front line pitcher, all they do is to create more holes in the line-up already weak because of the lack of left handed hitting. Reinny sure knows how to not put together a good team. Lets draft a bunch of prospects and hope a couple of them work out.

I look at the Dodgers young players and I want to cry. They built a quality team and still delivered a ton of young talent. I watched some of these guys as prospects with the RC Quakes out here and they are the real deal. What is the difference? THe Dodgers have an owner who spends money and an organization that develops talent.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I still say they should hold onto him. He's a young veteran that they can build around with all the promising young arms they acquired. You don't want to run 5 kids out there, you really need one stabilizer in the rotation. Robertson, Frazier and Cabrera should be guys they are shopping.

Q isn't being shopped. Hahn is being smart by not closing the door on anyone.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll take cubsmann for The Hawk....Deal CCS Faithful?

C'mon Brett, he's not that bad. cubsmann is the only guy I ever blocked. I think Reinsdorf has simply worn out Hawk...which is understandable. Particularly if you are both a Sox and Bulls fan. Give him some time, in another year or so he will see what Hahn has accomplished.

Providing Reinsdorf sticks with the plan.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
C'mon Brett, he's not that bad. cubsmann is the only guy I ever blocked. I think Reinsdorf has simply worn out Hawk...which is understandable. Particularly if you are both a Sox and Bulls fan. Give him some time, in another year or so he will see what Hahn has accomplished.

Providing Reinsdorf sticks with the plan.

Thanks for the note. And to be clear, I am all for getting young talent. All I am saying is that most good teams develop prospects and sign good prospects while still having a competitive team on the field. Brett sees the Cubs basically put a 2A club on the field in terms of ability and stocked up on prospects. They did it because they had a brainless fan base who still came out and watched a shitty team play for years. THe Sox do not have a brainless fan base and will not support shit on the field which the Sox have now. And they do not have the credibility either of what the Cubs brought forth in their GM and manager.

What the Sox have now is a sort of lab experiment. THey have virtually half of a team on the field that is worth a crap as well as half of a pitching staff. THey lack quality at short-stop, second base, center field, DH, and last but also least, catcher. And now we are told they should get rid of 3B or DH Frasier, the single left handed bat in the line-up in Cabrera, and their closer, Robertson. Who fills those holes?

But lets play a game, Brett's way. He chastised me and Rask for not identifying a good team to put on the field. So Brett, you are on record that Abreau is just an average 1B and should be traded while worth something , Robertson is a below average closer, Cabrera, Frazier and "Q" should be also traded. All according to you

Okay, it is now the year 2020 and after two more years of stinking up the American League while you traded away everything you can for prospects..........tell me your starting line-up and their anticipated numbers. Also identify your four top starting pitchers, your set-up man and closer, and top left handed starting pitcher? I want to know so that after I take a Rip Van Winkle nap for the next couple of years, what nirvana of talent the 2020 White Sox are going to have on the field for them:)

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks for the note. And to be clear, I am all for getting young talent. All I am saying is that most good teams develop prospects and sign good prospects while still having a competitive team on the field. Brett sees the Cubs basically put a 2A club on the field in terms of ability and stocked up on prospects. They did it because they had a brainless fan base who still came out and watched a shitty team play for years. THe Sox do not have a brainless fan base and will not support shit on the field which the Sox have now. And they do not have the credibility either of what the Cubs brought forth in their GM and manager.

What the Sox have now is a sort of lab experiment. THey have virtually half of a team on the field that is worth a crap as well as half of a pitching staff. THey lack quality at short-stop, second base, center field, DH, and last but also least, catcher. And now we are told they should get rid of 3B or DH Frasier, the single left handed bat in the line-up in Cabrera, and their closer, Robertson. Who fills those holes?

But lets play a game, Brett's way. He chastised me and Rask for not identifying a good team to put on the field. So Brett, you are on record that Abreau is just an average 1B and should be traded while worth something , Robertson is a below average closer, Cabrera, Frazier and "Q" should be also traded. All according to you

Okay, it is now the year 2020 and after two more years of stinking up the American League while you traded away everything you can for prospects..........tell me your starting line-up and their anticipated numbers. Also identify your four top starting pitchers, your set-up man and closer, and top left handed starting pitcher? I want to know so that after I take a Rip Van Winkle nap for the next couple of years, what nirvana of talent the 2020 White Sox are going to have on the field for them:)

That part is correct because they have virtually no fan base at all. The best season they had in my lifetime was 2005....they were 17th in attendance that year. A terrific and fun team. If that's the best they can do, I mean why bother. Reinsdorf could've have easily avoided his "battle he will never win" with Cubs by heading to Florida years ago. He decided he'd rather fleece the city of Chicago into building him a stadium. You reap what you sow...couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Bottom line is the Sox don't draw well no matter what they do, so losing money on a rebuild is a moot point.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That part is correct because they have virtually no fan base at all. The best season they had in my lifetime was 2005....they were 17th in attendance that year. A terrific and fun team. If that's the best they can do, I mean why bother. Reinsdorf could've have easily avoided his "battle he will never win" with Cubs by heading to Florida years ago. He decided he'd rather fleece the city of Chicago into building him a stadium. You reap what you sow...couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Bottom line is the Sox don't draw well no matter what they do, so losing money on a rebuild is a moot point.

I agree with you partially about the fan base.I think it is there but Reinny doesn't have a clue to how to tap into it. He had a chance in 2005 and beyond. The city did become alive and I think that they had the promise of very good attendance but Reinny threw it all away with nothing but half measures and no committment. Reinny believes that Sox and Bulls fans OWE HIM and the fans recognize this. Fans do not owe him shit. What funny is that if he did move the Sox franchise, he'd do the same dog shit stuff and fans in whatever city he moved them to(especially Florida), they wouldn't draw shit. Why come to watch a team that cannot compete?

Now his ownership has fallen to the dregs of baseball. Yeah, he got some prospects but most of that was because he didn't want to pay real major league salaries and wanted a reduced payroll. Hahn is a fine GM but he reports to Williams who is Reinny's shoe shine boy. Face it, as long as Reinny draws breath and runs the Bulls and the Sox, they are going to be in the cellar of their respective leagues. I just got done reading about how shitty the Bulls have become and Garfield Goose wants fans to TRUST HIM Hilarious shit and I would laugh if I weren't a fan:(

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's the thing. I'd be more worried about Williams interfering....Reinsdorf loves that guy like he loves Gar/Pax. As bad as the Cubs are dying this year at least we Cub fans know that ownership and the front office is stable and they will do what's needed. You just gotta hope Williams stays in the background and let Hahn keep doing his thing.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
That's the thing. I'd be more worried about Williams interfering....Reinsdorf loves that guy like he loves Gar/Pax. As bad as the Cubs are dying this year at least we Cub fans know that ownership and the front office is stable and they will do what's needed. You just gotta hope Williams stays in the background and let Hahn keep doing his thing.

It's this. It has nothign to do with Jerry not wanting to win. The team gets little to no support. Go back 30 years and before and it's a different game. The Cubs on WGN turned this way around. The WhiteSox don't have the same money as the Cubs. They tried working on the minors while focusing exclusively for the most part on the 25 man. It failed for years. Now that we are doing things a different way which just so happens to be working out extremely well we got guys like The Hawk complaining.

Perhaps you are right Diehardfan. I might not want koolaid being poured down my thorat in every post. But I am way past urine as well.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's this. It has nothign to do with Jerry not wanting to win. The team gets little to no support. Go back 30 years and before and it's a different game. The Cubs on WGN turned this way around. The WhiteSox don't have the same money as the Cubs. They tried working on the minors while focusing exclusively for the most part on the 25 man. It failed for years. Now that we are doing things a different way which just so happens to be working out extremely well we got guys like The Hawk complaining.

Perhaps you are right Diehardfan. I might not want koolaid being poured down my thorat in every post. But I am way past urine as well.

How can you say that this new plan is "working out extremely well"? Are there not other teams that are contending that have very good talent in their minor league system? That, to me, is a plan that is WORKING OUT EXTREMELY WELL!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
How can you say that this new plan is "working out extremely well"? Are there not other teams that are contending that have very good talent in their minor league system? That, to me, is a plan that is WORKING OUT EXTREMELY WELL!

It doesn't happen overnight nor did it for the Cubs, Braves, Yankees, and Dodgers

Do you even know how little support the White Sox actually get?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It doesn't happen overnight nor did it for the Cubs, Braves, Yankees, and Dodgers

Do you even know how little support the White Sox actually get?

Huh? THe Dodgers have contended for years while building a top notch farm system. So have the Red Sox and Yankees. Face it, the White Sox are fortunate to play in a very weak division and with a good owner willing to support his GM should be in contention every year. Unfortunately we have one of the worst owners in any sport. Also, the reason why the Sox do not get support is because of Reinny because Sox fans know what a bad owner he is and do not want to support him. HE IS THE PROBLEM not Sox fans. The man is a blood sucker who brings in yes men to kiss his ring. Look at the Bulls as an example. Maybe the worst team in the league next year after Thibs had them on the cusp of a couple of championships. That "letter" which dissed Thibs sealed the deal for me. I hate the son of a bitch.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can see the WHite Sox pull off a trade with Boston for Frazier. Frazier would easily slide into their line-up and pop home runs in bunches for them. Boston also has a good farm system for the Sox to pluck for Frazier. I do not see Boston, however, as having enough to pry "Q" away from the Pale Hose.