CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Also: stop bringing up the Bulls. They are two entirely different situations.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
And how do you know this, Gus? Look at the payroll anticipated for 2018 and beyond and tell me is isn't extremely low. Despite having one of the richest owner in sports, his pay-roll is the bottom of the barrel. Nothing happens on the White Sox or the Bulls without Reinny's approval in regards to salary. Okay, after this wholesale shit canning of MAJOR LEAGUE PRIME TIME talent, the White Sox have a lot of MINOR LEAGUE talent and a lot of you are giddy. Big whoop:)

You should register at soxhaps.com. You'd fit right in, actually. They fucking can't stand Reinsdorf.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also: stop bringing up the Bulls. They are two entirely different situations.

They both have a common thread. A very shitty owner who employs mostly yes men to work for him and if they are loyal will keep them around way too long. Look at Williams for example and then think about Gar/Pax.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You should register at soxhaps.com. You'd fit right in, actually. They fucking can't stand Reinsdorf.

I just might do that. Thanks. It gets kind of lonely at the Reinny love fest here:(

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Hahn has me excited about the Sox again. I can stand the short term pain to set a foundation for the next decade. It might not work but Cubs, Royals and Astros fans have seen the positive result of this type of plan. Plus, the Sox had the advantage of having assets other teams coveted to accelerate the process. Add this draft class and next into the mix and things should get interesting real quick.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
They both have a common thread. A very shitty owner who employs mostly yes men to work for him and if they are loyal will keep them around way too long. Look at Williams for example and then think about Gar/Pax.

You didn't answer my question: would you prefer one title and 11 years of mediocrity, or do you prefer sustained success over a number of years?

Hahn & Co. have chosen the later.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Well let's steer this convo in another direction cause nothing is changing anyone's opinions here lol

So who else is a tradeable asset at this point? Is garcia someone we keep or we sell him also? I think we keep abreu but opinions on him also?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Well let's steer this convo in another direction cause nothing is changing anyone's opinions here lol

So who else is a tradeable asset at this point? Is garcia someone we keep or we sell him also? I think we keep abreu but opinions on him also?

Melky and Swarzak come to mind.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont think Reinsdorf is a good owner but not cause of $$$$. His loyalty to front office kills his teams.

It is both. Look at the pay-roll for Reinny and the White Sox. It is one of the lowest in all of baseball. Then look at the Bulls current pay-roll. Tell me where they stand? I am telling you, Reinny wants to take his hundreds of millions of dollars with him. With Donald Sterling gone, he is the worst owner in all of sports.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hahn has me excited about the Sox again. I can stand the short term pain to set a foundation for the next decade. It might not work but Cubs, Royals and Astros fans have seen the positive result of this type of plan. Plus, the Sox had the advantage of having assets other teams coveted to accelerate the process. Add this draft class and next into the mix and things should get interesting real quick.

Then again, half of those top 100 prospects that they have will not be in the major leagues by 2022. That is the reality. Real teams spend money to win. Reinny is not an owner who wants to spend money to win. He has never done it in the past and this last fiasco dooms the White Sox to the low sewer of major league baseball for years.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You didn't answer my question: would you prefer one title and 11 years of mediocrity, or do you prefer sustained success over a number of years?

Hahn & Co. have chosen the later.

Your choice is nonsensical because it is not either or as in agree to the failed policies of Reinny/Williams in the last 11 years. They failed because they did not go ALL IN to win championships. That is the truth of it. I want a title every 5-7 years and being a contender every year. To do that an owner needs to spend money and market his product. Reinny does neither. He is as bad an owner as sports has ever seen.

So now, he saw his home town rivals do a salary dump and tank some seasons, get lucky with some draft picks and win a World Series, and decided that Hey........ lets cut pay-roll and convince these idiot fans of ours to come out to our park in droves to watch our draft picks do the same. It is actually so delusional that it is actually funny.

The fact is that right now the Chicago White Sox have three legitimate major league baseball players that are average to above average. The three are Abreau, Garcia, and Cabrera. That is it. And this crop of "can't miss prospects" is top heavy with right hand hitting, limited power potential and weak left handed pitching. Not a prescription for success.

Think of this Gus......on their current major league roster, they have THREE average to better than average major league players. Period. Is that a good thing?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Then again, half of those top 100 prospects that they have will not be in the major leagues by 2022. That is the reality. Real teams spend money to win. Reinny is not an owner who wants to spend money to win. He has never done it in the past and this last fiasco dooms the White Sox to the low sewer of major league baseball for years.

you have been shown multiple times how wrong you are on this.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hawk, are you just mad that by the time the Sox win another title, you might be senile?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hawk, are you just mad that by the time the Sox win another title, you might be senile?

Um, no. I am mad that by the time the Sox win another title, you will be eating prunes and hoping for a good bowel movement.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Um, no. I am mad that by the time the Sox win another title, you will be eating prunes and hoping for a good bowel movement.

So you will be long dead by the time the Sox win again...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you will be long dead by the time the Sox win again...

Nope, I am going to live a long long time, I have a great gene pool. But you had better develop a fondness for prunes because you will be drinking your dinner through a straw. Hopefully Reinny will be your roommate along with Brett and can share bed pans together.

Once you and Reinny are declared unable to handle your own affairs, the team will be sold and someone interested will buy them and make them competitive. Unless, of course, Reinny has already taken the team to Vegas.