2017 White Sox Trade Talk

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Huh? THe Dodgers have contended for years while building a top notch farm system. So have the Red Sox and Yankees.

Right, cause they always were like that...oh wait...they weren't and built this up. Ta Da! Do you finally see the "light"?

Face it, the White Sox are fortunate to play in a very weak division and with a good owner willing to support his GM should be in contention every year.

All of baseball is pretty weakly balanced right now. And hey we have the good owner with Hahn getting support. As mentioned, I worry about Kenny. If he's not 100% on board with this plan, trouble is afoot.

Unfortunately we have one of the (best) owners in any sport.
FTFY

Also, the reason why the Sox do not get support is because of Reinny because Sox fans know what a bad owner he is and do not want to support him.
No real sports fan of a team goes, I hate my owner, I'm not going to support the team. Just an awful thought.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I can see the WHite Sox pull off a trade with Boston for Frazier. Frazier would easily slide into their line-up and pop home runs in bunches for them. Boston also has a good farm system for the Sox to pluck for Frazier. I do not see Boston, however, as having enough to pry "Q" away from the Pale Hose.

Boston has an empty farm outside of Devers. So Q won't go there, but Frazier could go there for a guy like Travis and say Chavis. The Red Sox Farm is darn near depleted.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right, cause they always were like that...oh wait...they weren't and built this up. Ta Da! Do you finally see the "light"?

Bull crap. THe Dodgers have been contending for very long time. So have the Red Sox. I see reality. You do not. You are mesmerized by the Cubs, sorry to say, bub.

All of baseball is pretty weakly balanced right now. And hey we have the good owner with Hahn getting support. As mentioned, I worry about Kenny. If he's not 100% on board with this plan, trouble is afoot.

Are you related to Reinny? Must be. You might be the only fan in CHicago to call this carp a good owner:(
FTFY

No real sports fan of a team goes, I hate my owner, I'm not going to support the team. Just an awful thought.

Wow. So blind love for a terrible owner like Reinny defines a good fan? I must not have gotten the memo. Glad that i missed it,

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Boston has an empty farm outside of Devers. So Q won't go there, but Frazier could go there for a guy like Travis and say Chavis. The Red Sox Farm is darn near depleted.

Travis is a possibility and they have a good power hitting 3B/OF in 2A who is also a possibility.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

FTFY

You were obviously never a Chicago Blackhawks fan....

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They still sold out IIRC, even with the hatred of Daddy Wirtz

I don't know what IIRC is but as late as 2005/06 and 2006/07 their were more empty seats than full ones....sure, they averaged maybe 12,000 in sales but there were night when there were less than 5,000 in there with all the no shows. There were many other years as well....insistence on blacking out all home games just killed them. If they were very good then that was a different story but at that time they hadn't won a Cup since 1961. Enough said.

The old guy passed...Rocky took over...hired McDonough...let Tallon build the team and put every game on TV. They've been selling out ever since.

The right owner can make a difference.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't know what IIRC is but as late as 2005/06 and 2006/07 their were more empty seats than full ones....sure, they averaged maybe 12,000 in sales but there were night when there were less than 5,000 in there with all the no shows. There were many other years as well....insistence on blacking out all home games just killed them. If they were very good then that was a different story but at that time they hadn't won a Cup since 1961. Enough said.

The old guy passed...Rocky took over...hired McDonough...let Tallon build the team and put every game on TV. They've been selling out ever since.

Sure, but as you said, winning cures the ills.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, that is exactly what I described. Buehler? Anyone? Buehler?

You think that you are the definition of a good fan and I am not? Hilarious. A person that spends good money to watch a show of anykind that he or she knows is bad is just stupid. Flounder? Anyone? Flounder?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You were obviously never a Chicago Blackhawks fan....

Well stated. Rocky Wirtz is the definition of a great team owner while his father was the direct opposite. Hopefully, Reinny's son will be much better than his father.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Absolutely. There were many empty seats in the old stadium and empty seats mean less revenue. Frankly I do not know why Reinny doesn't give the seats away when he knows that walk up sales are not going to occur. Give them to schools as a fan gesture. To senior citizens clubs. Etc. Hell, he'd at least get merchandise and concessions revenue from it as well as creating some positive community support.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure, but as you said, winning cures the ills.

A good owner hires good people and also spends money in the right places to build a winning team. Reinny has the money to spend but will not and it has cost him. He also let one of the best coaches in the NBA go and then insulted him on the way out. Now what does he have? One of the worst teams in basketball and a dufus for a coach. I wouldn't doubt that despite the good job that he has done since taking over for Williams, that he lets Hahn go or Hahn himself will leave out of frustration.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So any rumors other then brewers want q?

THe Red Sox, Braves, Dodgers, Yankees, and Houston are all rumored to be interested but Hahn is holding his cards right and rightly so. I think that if he goes, it'll be to the Dodgers or Houston who have the prospects to offer.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Absolutely. There were many empty seats in the old stadium and empty seats mean less revenue. Frankly I do not know why Reinny doesn't give the seats away when he knows that walk up sales are not going to occur. Give them to schools as a fan gesture. To senior citizens clubs. Etc. Hell, he'd at least get merchandise and concessions revenue from it as well as creating some positive community support.

Your right. That is incredibly stupid. He could easily make up the loss of seat revenue on parking and concessions and then get glad handed as a great and generous owner as a bonus.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice return. Schwarber may be available and cheaper than mega by a long shot by the time the sox come around.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saw this talk.

If its going to be Frazier AND Robertson AND Kanyle then we better be getting back like fricking Sanchez or something!!

I assume we aren't getting Sanchez or Judge, so who do they have in farm that would be clearing our shelves?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Saw this talk.

If its going to be Frazier AND Robertson AND Kanyle then we better be getting back like fricking Sanchez or something!!

I assume we aren't getting Sanchez or Judge, so who do they have in farm that would be clearing our shelves?

They don't and if they give up Kanyle for anyone in that farm system they are idiots.