LA Rams GM reacts to Trubisky selection

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it hilarious that he doesn't even know Trubi(N)sky's name. Also, he was extremely surprised that the Bears drafted a QB.

Also, it shows the price it takes to get a first round QB. Look at the LA Rams, for example. They traded the farm to draft Jared Goff. So much so, that they didn't even have a 1st round pick this past draft. QB's are expensive, but if you hit on one, your franchise is set for a decade.

VIDEO:

https://streamable.com/k4fui

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"I won't pass judgement on anyone" (after I used two 1sts on Goff).

I bet he didn't think his 2017 1st would have been at #5.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"I won't pass judgement on anyone" (after I used two 1sts on Goff).

I bet he didn't think his 2017 1st would have been at #5.

How regretfull is he at this point???

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The biggest mistake the Rams made was believing Case Keenum would be a quality stop gap.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The biggest mistake the Rams made was believing Case Keenum would be a quality stop gap.

Let's keep our fingers crossed on Glennon. Fortunately, even with just one year of starts, Trubisky is better prepared for the Pros.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
He should be fired for passing on Wentz.

I think Wentz is a bit over-hyped. He started well and certainly showed flashes but he's being talked about, amongst the media, like he's already the man when he had some serious struggles.

He certainly has potential but, by the same token, so does Goff. Obviously Goff didn't look very good but he was thrown into a terrible situation with minimal reps. Maybe he will regret passing on Wentz but I don't think you can make that call at this point.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I think Wentz is a bit over-hyped. He started well and certainly showed flashes but he's being talked about, amongst the media, like he's already the man when he had some serious struggles.

He certainly has potential but, by the same token, so does Goff. Obviously Goff didn't look very good but he was thrown into a terrible situation with minimal reps. Maybe he will regret passing on Wentz but I don't think you can make that call at this point.

Other than blind hope I can make that call. Now could things that we can't see change? Sure I suppose anything is possible. I'll take my chances and stand by Wentz. He was, and is clearly the better prospect.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Other than blind hope I can make that call. Now could things that we can't see change? Sure I suppose anything is possible. I'll take my chances and stand by Wentz. He was, and is clearly the better prospect.

Yes, but you also have to feel for the Rams because that was a tough call to make. You take the guy from little North Dakota because he is a little bigger, taller when there is a guy scouts have been eye balling for 3 years?

Goff threw some pretty balls all over the field and led a ridiculous Air Bear attack with literally no defense on his team, fighting to stay in games at 50 to 50 and scoring in generally about 90 seconds from getting the ball, you could count 7 unless the other defense was elite.

The spread bullshit is scary to take a prospect from too, like Division II, and it looks like it backfired, but Goff absolutely deserves some time in a pro offense and to have respectable coaches around him, no way I can blame that Rams fiasco on Goff, the rookie QB who didn't start until week 11 when the season was lost.

I would trade Glennon for him without questioning it so his value is still late first round and that is where I saw him ranked in that re-draft.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Yes, but you also have to feel for the Rams because that was a tough call to make. You take the guy from little North Dakota because he is a little bigger, taller when there is a guy scouts have been eye balling for 3 years?

Goff threw some pretty balls all over the field and led a ridiculous Air Bear attack with literally no defense on his team, fighting to stay in games at 50 to 50 and scoring in generally about 90 seconds from getting the ball, you could count 7 unless the other defense was elite.

The spread bullshit is scary to take a prospect from too, like Division II, and it looks like it backfired, but Goff absolutely deserves some time in a pro offense and to have respectable coaches around him, no way I can blame that Rams fiasco on Goff, the rookie QB who didn't start until week 11 when the season was lost.

I would trade Glennon for him without questioning it so his value is still late first round and that is where I saw him ranked in that re-draft.

I do blame them. It's their job to take the right player and not go by what everyone thinks. If that was the case then might as well just hire any super fan to make your picks.

Now Glennon sure I'd trade him for Goff, that's a huge difference from the ransom the rams paid.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do blame them. It's their job to take the right player and not go by what everyone thinks. If that was the case then might as well just hire any super fan to make your picks.

Now Glennon sure I'd trade him for Goff, that's a huge difference from the ransom the rams paid.

lol. Yeah. I just can sympathize with being scared to take Wentz out of North Dakota for that price point. Wentz has yet to have a season such as Foles has, so lets not be premature to pat ourselves on the back yet. He has weapons this year, lots of them. Is in second year with same offense, and had 5th year maturity to begin with. He should be at least good this year and show signs of more improvement if he is a chosen one.

What he has around him compared to what Goff has makes it damn hard to make a call even to this day, most importanlty competent coaches who don't arbitrarily throw rookies under the bus and treat them like shit.

I would certainly make the call to take the prototype Wentz in hindsight, but I'm not ready to say the argument is over. Its still an open debate to be settle with more information, but the scale is certainly tipped.

Rise

Liked Posts:
lol. Yeah. I just can sympathize with being scared to take Wentz out of North Dakota for that price point. Wentz has yet to have a season such as Foles has, so lets not be premature to pat ourselves on the back yet. He has weapons this year, lots of them. Is in second year with same offense, and had 5th year maturity to begin with. He should be at least good this year and show signs of more improvement if he is a chosen one.

What he has around him compared to what Goff has makes it damn hard to make a call even to this day, most importanlty competent coaches who don't arbitrarily throw rookies under the bus and treat them like shit.

I would certainly make the call to take the prototype Wentz in hindsight, but I'm not ready to say the argument is over. Its still an open debate to be settle with more information, but the scale is certainly tipped.

Wentz had awful wr last year, dropped everything. I agree his weapons are better this year than Goff's but that is on who? The GM that I think should be fired. Sounds dumb maybe but I was 100% on the Wentz wagon once I learned Goff has such tiny hands. He is doomed to fail because of those hands, on top of everything else. Goober Pace even agreed with me because he could of had the 2nd pick, but wouldn't pull the trigger because he was afraid he would have to pick Goff.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wentz had awful wr last year, dropped everything. I agree his weapons are better this year than Goff's but that is on who? The GM that I think should be fired. Sounds dumb maybe but I was 100% on the Wentz wagon once I learned Goff has such tiny hands. He is doomed to fail because of those hands, on top of everything else. Goober Pace even agreed with me because he could of had the 2nd pick, but wouldn't pull the trigger because he was afraid he would have to pick Goff.

His hands aren't that small, he could have had them stretched pre-measurement to 10 if he was concerned about it but he never knew he had small hands like some of the other QB's that went to lengths to boost the number. He is only an inch shorter than me and mine are 11.5 or 12 without stretching. They ARE small for his size but in los angeles it won't effect that much, as he should see 12-14 good weather games per year, and he has Gurley for the others.

Rise

Liked Posts:
His hands aren't that small, he could have had them stretched pre-measurement to 10 if he was concerned about it but he never knew he had small hands like some of the other QB's that went to lengths to boost the number. He is only an inch shorter than me and mine are 11.5 or 12 without stretching. They ARE small for his size but in los angeles it won't effect that much, as he should see 12-14 good weather games per year, and he has Gurley for the others.

His hands measured at 9 inches right? That is small for an NFL QB. I didn't know you can stretch your hands to grow an inch but still. Lack of research and prep, just another knock on Goff!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His hands measured at 9 inches right? That is small for an NFL QB. I didn't know you can stretch your hands to grow an inch but still. Lack of research and prep, just another knock on Goff!

For some reason I thought his were 9.5 or so...my bad. Yeah they are 9...that is freaky circus hands for a guy his size, very similar to Trump probably. both 6'4"

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LA Rams GM reacts to Trubisky selection

1st, who the fuck cares what the Rams think about the Trubisky pick. More importantly,Why the fuck are we wasting a thread discussing it????

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXRfnIfFYFI