Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Like I said. This is left over from the silly pre draft Watson dialog. Webb has yet to elevate anything. He was just better than what they had at the time. That elevates a locker room compared to before if you're not a dick but doesn't necessarily translate to leading a team to better play on the field. Who cares what Webb looks like in workouts without pressure. Webbs issues aren't mechanics or arm strength. Watson's either though he could be stronger. It's about reads, anticipation and accuracy. Yes Webb doesn't always have his feet in position but it's because he missed his read and is throwing late or to the wrong guy and he'll flat out miss a deep ball when in rhythm. Guy is stunning in workouts.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You know Trubisky was my guy so this isn't to prop up Watson. Webb failed when it mattered and Watson did not. Webb has all the tools but had scattered consistency, especially downfield where he'd miss a lot of open guys. Big arm but as this report puts it:

Forces a lot of throws/inconsistent vision to see in front of the throw.
Inconsistent seeing post-snap movement.
Hangs in the pocket but feet will get jumpy and can look uncomfortable.
Average pocket instincts and pocket poise.
Feet are bouncy in the pocket with a narrow base.
Drifts backwards in the pocket too often.
Does not anticipate well and relies too much on arm to make up for it when he’s late.
Left far too many deep passes short in one-on-one situations.

When your mates can't rely on you, it's tough to lead. When you play at the top of ar above your ability as some though Watson did, guys think it will rub off.

My preference was Watson but I was impressed with Trubisky also as far as tools go. I just thought that Watson faced the much tougher opposition and had better mobility although Trubisky is good moving within the pocket. Both of these guys could end up as good NFL quarterbacks but I think that Watson will have the easier road because of the team that drafted him. Trubisky is going to face a very tough slog with the Bears playing on a shit team behind a shit starting qb with none of the skills that he does.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
My preference was Watson but I was impressed with Trubisky also as far as tools go. I just thought that Watson faced the much tougher opposition and had better mobility although Trubisky is good moving within the pocket. Both of these guys could end up as good NFL quarterbacks but I think that Watson will have the easier road because of the team that drafted him. Trubisky is going to face a very tough slog with the Bears playing on a shit team behind a shit starting qb with none of the skills that he does.

That's why you sit him and let him learn assuming he isn't ready. Not that difficult.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's why you sit him and let him learn assuming he isn't ready. Not that difficult.

I think that it will be very difficult to sit him because of the situation with this team. Glennon will get hurt and Sanchez sucks canal water. The Bears are going to stink up the field and the fans will be very vocal to play the rookie. This isn't a good football team that we are talking about where a rookie can sit and watch and learn while the crafty veteran shows him what being an NFL qb is all about. Even the plays that Glennon will be given are going to be different than those given to Trubisky because he is nifty on his feet and Glennon is a statue on the field.

I do like Trubisky's talent. Don't get me wrong on that. But he is going to have a really tough time making it as an NFL starting quarterback because he will probably see an entirely different head coach and OC in his second year into the league and have to start from scratch within the new regime.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

They both played in the ACC so other than the two playoff games Clemson played in, their level of competition wasn't that different.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They both played in the ACC so other than the two playoff games Clemson played in, their level of competition wasn't that different.

IT was because Watson started and played in many more games while Trubisky held a clipboard. Watson by definition also won many more games than Trubisky. Again, I am not dismissing Trubisky's talent but Watson was/is a more proven winner. The guy truly made amazing plays at Clemson.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
IT was because Watson started and played in many more games while Trubisky held a clipboard. Watson by definition also won many more games than Trubisky. Again, I am not dismissing Trubisky's talent but Watson was/is a more proven winner. The guy truly made amazing plays at Clemson.

Okay so you're still whining about experience instead of opposition faced. You tried to create a new argument, failed miserably and now revert to the one that Pace dismissed when he put a system in place to groom Trubisky. If you want to criticize him do it from a factual standpoint instead of pulling something out of your ass.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
and talk about how they relate to the next level instead of their past.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Okay so you're still whining about experience instead of opposition faced. You tried to create a new argument, failed miserably and now revert to the one that Pace dismissed when he put a system in place to groom Trubisky. If you want to criticize him do it from a factual standpoint instead of pulling something out of your ass.

You are the one who said that they faced the same opposition. Watson faced opposition in four separate college seasons. One could say that he faced four different teams with different personnel from each of those schools that he played against. These were essentially four different teams for four season. Trubisky did not face the same opposition that Watson did. He only had one starting season. You are the one who made a false equivalence. In addition, Watson WON the great majority of those games played while Trubisky did not have the level of success that Watson had including two games against teh best college team in the country at the time. So, while Trubisky had a uniform on for four years, Watson was PLAYING with a uniform on for four year. That is a big difference to me and others.

I am not trying to re-argue the thread awhile back on who was the best college quarterback in this draft. I said that I like Trubisky and he does have the potential to be a good quarterback but he has a bigger hill to climb that Watson does because of a lack of experience and a shitty team that drafted him. That should not be so hard to understand by anyone.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
You are the one who said that they faced the same opposition. Watson faced opposition in four separate college seasons. One could say that he faced four different teams with different personnel from each of those schools that he played against. These were essentially four different teams for four season. Trubisky did not face the same opposition that Watson did. He only had one starting season. You are the one who made a false equivalence. In addition, Watson WON the great majority of those games played while Trubisky did not have the level of success that Watson had including two games against teh best college team in the country at the time. So, while Trubisky had a uniform on for four years, Watson was PLAYING with a uniform on for four year. That is a big difference to me and others.

I am not trying to re-argue the thread awhile back on who was the best college quarterback in this draft. I said that I like Trubisky and he does have the potential to be a good quarterback but he has a bigger hill to climb that Watson does because of a lack of experience and a shitty team that drafted him. That should not be so hard to understand by anyone.

Dude no matter how hard you try to spin this you're still bitching about Trubisky's experience. You can try to reword it any way you want but you are still arguing experience.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think he got you on this one. You said " I just thought that Watson faced the much tougher opposition" you did not say more. Unless, you are trying to say that the Appalachian State Mountaineers, Wake Forest Demon Deacons, Wofford Terriers, etc. were much tougher in 2014-15 then 2016.

One could argue that out of the teams that Watson and Trubisky both player Trubisky played much better on a much weaker team. The only decent teams they both played were Florida State, Pitt, and maybe Georgia Tech. In those three games Trubisky played at a very high level and Watson played like shit like he did most of the season and was carried by the best team in the NCAA to the championship game were he played finally played good.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3039707/type/college

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3122840/type/college

If Clemson would of lost the NC game, Watson would of been a 3rd round pick.
If Clemson would of lost the NC game and Watson would of threw multiple INTs (a typical 2016 Watson game against decent competition) then both Webb and Peterman would of been drafted before him.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he got you on this one. You said " I just thought that Watson faced the much tougher opposition" you did not say more. Unless, you are trying to say that the Appalachian State Mountaineers, Wake Forest Demon Deacons, Wofford Terriers, etc. were much tougher in 2014-15 then 2016.

One could argue that out of the teams that Watson and Trubisky both player Trubisky played much better on a much weaker team. The only decent teams they both played were Florida State, Pitt, and maybe Georgia Tech. In those three games Trubisky played at a very high level and Watson played like shit like he did most of the season and was carried by the best team in the NCAA to the championship game were he played finally played good.

If Clemson would of lost the NC game and Watson would of threw multiple INTs (a typical 2016 Watson game against decent competition) then both Webb and Peterman would of been drafted before him.

Funny stuff. Watson faced tougher opposition in his four years than Trubisky faced in his one year. Trubisky was facing his own guys in practices as a back-up quarterback while Watson was facing real opponents who were trying to beat him up. Trubisky had a don't hit me jersey on in practices while Clemson's opponents were trying their best to knock him out of the game.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Funny stuff. Watson faced tougher opposition in his four years than Trubisky faced in his one year. Trubisky was facing his own guys in practices as a back-up quarterback while Watson was facing real opponents who were trying to beat him up. Trubisky had a don't hit me jersey on in practices while Clemson's opponents were trying their best to knock him out of the game.

Give it up man. Now you are just sounding stupid! You are honestly just making shit up! The fact is, neither one played for 4 years. They both were in school for only 3 years! They both were in school from 2014-16, and both played in spot duty as freshman. Watson was named starter as a Sophomore because Chad Kelly got kicked out of the program. So, Watson only played ONE more season as a starter then Trubisky, not THREE!!!

Trubisky still was playing spot duty as a sophomore because the senior starting QB was still on the team playing at ta high level. Trubisky did have a 4TD game as a Sophomore, he was not just taking practice reps! He ended the 2015 season completing 85% of his passes for an average of almost 14 yard per completion and a 6 TD to 0 INT ratio.. In hindsight, maybe he should of started as a sophomore and maybe he would of won against Clemson in the playoffs. Williams only completed 33% of his passes in that game and they lost by 1 score.

I think if Chad Kelly would of not got kicked out of Clemson and been a model citizen then Deshaun Watson's first year as a starter would be this year. Chad Kelly would of won the NC game and been the #1 overall pick, because he has better QB skills then Watson and a guy who just won the NC game would of got the "great leader" and "winner" attribute added to his resume.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Give it up man. Now you are just sounding stupid! You are honestly just making shit up! The fact is, neither one played for 4 years. They both were in school for only 3 years! They both were in school from 2014-16, and both played in spot duty as freshman. Watson was named starter as a Sophomore because Chad Kelly got kicked out of the program. So, Watson only played ONE more season as a starter then Trubisky, not THREE!!!

Trubisky still was playing spot duty as a sophomore because the senior starting QB was still on the team playing at ta high level. Trubisky did have a 4TD game as a Sophomore, he was not just taking practice reps! He ended the 2015 season completing 85% of his passes for an average of almost 14 yard per completion and a 6 TD to 0 INT ratio.. In hindsight, maybe he should of started as a sophomore and maybe he would of won against Clemson in the playoffs. Williams only completed 33% of his passes in that game and they lost by 1 score.

I think if Chad Kelly would of not got kicked out of Clemson and been a model citizen then Deshaun Watson's first year as a starter would be this year. Chad Kelly would of won the NC game and been the #1 overall pick, because he has better QB skills then Watson and a guy who just won the NC game would of got the "great leader" and "winner" attribute added to his resume.

YOu give it up. Trubisky had the don't hit me shirt on while Watson was playing against teams who wanted to knock him out of the game. I haven't diminished Trubisky either, but don't give me this crap that they played the same teams during their careers because that just is bullshit. As for Chad Kelly, that is just total speculation and I was a big time fan of Kelly's talent. But you do not know a damned thing more than I do about whether or not Kelly would have beaten Watson out for the job.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The NFL preferred Trubisky. Keep hitting your head against that wall.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
and talk about how they relate to the next level instead of their past.

That is a good question. I think that Watson is the better NFL quarterback prospect because I value mobility and being able to throw while moving a great asset in today's NFL. But... Trubisky has nice mobility also in terms of moving around the pocket and making the first guy miss. He just isn't the athlete that Watson is, in my opinion. The other thing going for Watson is that he is going to a much better team. I think that Watson is going to start early on in the season and use his athletic ability like Russell Wilson did to get his team into the play-offs.

If you'd flip flop the teams, though, it just may be that Trubisky might have the better of the success of it because he does have the better arm. But Trubisky is on the Chicago Bears and Watson isn't. It is as simple as that:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That really is a funny assessment. Thanks for the humor:)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is a good question. I think that Watson is the better NFL quarterback prospect because I value mobility and being able to throw while moving a great asset in today's NFL. But... Trubisky has nice mobility also in terms of moving around the pocket and making the first guy miss. He just isn't the athlete that Watson is, in my opinion. The other thing going for Watson is that he is going to a much better team. I think that Watson is going to start early on in the season and use his athletic ability like Russell Wilson did to get his team into the play-offs.

If you'd flip flop the teams, though, it just may be that Trubisky might have the better of the success of it because he does have the better arm. But Trubisky is on the Chicago Bears and Watson isn't. It is as simple as that:)

and Trubisky throws stronger, more accurately and to a bigger field on the run. Watson 'runs' better. Both look to be VG passers in rhythm but Trubisky doesn't drop off as much when not and has the stronger arm. Trubisky may not have done as well as Watson on Clemson but should be better in the NFL but that's never a given.

I hope Watson does great in Houston. Couldn't have worked out better for him.:beer: That team has made the playoffs with nothing at QB for years. He probably will be asked to stay within himself and not lose games while he develops which I think he'll do better than what came before him.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
and Trubisky throws stronger, more accurately and to a bigger field on the run. Watson 'runs' better. Both look to be VG passers in rhythm but Trubisky doesn't drop off as much when not and has the stronger arm. Trubisky may not have done as well as Watson on Clemson but should be better in the NFL but that's never a given.

I hope Watson does great in Houston. Couldn't have worked out better for him.:beer: That team has made the playoffs with nothing at QB for years. He probably will be asked to stay within himself and not lose games while he develops which I think he'll do better than what came before him.

Good post.