not in to remastered games usually... but...

AussieBear

one of me favs of all time be remastered.. starcraft..

probably better production value in da commercial.. but who cares..

[video=youtube;1BzNM2pyzW8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BzNM2pyzW8[/video]

AussieBear

just mo betta pixels me guesses.. be cool if they added sumin.. but eh.. beat me pixel shat version of its

[video=youtube;tvMWz7j36UQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvMWz7j36UQ[/video]

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If they added something, it would be an expansion. A remaster just means they take the original master works and release them with original higher resolution images/models/textures and less compression.

50% of time, games are sold as remastered, without being remastered. Remade with enhancements. ie: Duck Tales.

That being said, Starcraft Remastered looks like the real McCoy. The publishers can re-release things like this all-day long because it stays true to the game itself. Nothing wrong with being honest about modifications, re-releases, enhancements. When it's not actually a remaster, to not throw it around like a marketing term when it's a technical term.

AussieBear

If they added something, it would be an expansion. A remaster just means they take the original master works and release them with original higher resolution images/models/textures and less compression.

50% of time, games are sold as remastered, without being remastered. Remade with enhancements. ie: Duck Tales.

That being said, Starcraft Remastered looks like the real McCoy. The publishers can re-release things like this all-day long because it stays true to the game itself. Nothing wrong with being honest about modifications, re-releases, enhancements. When it's not actually a remaster, to not throw it around like a marketing term when it's a technical term.

yeah me gets what you is saying. im just hoping you can select more than 12 units iirc etc etc.. juss lil thangs like that..... even if its just a graphics glaze, im buying it. maybe i should go read up on what they actually did..

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
damn I am playing starcraft this weekend! Still have a couple copies of the original plus brood wars.....

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did anyone play Starcraft 2?

It was alright, but I never played the original, so I wonder how the OG Starcraft folks felt about it.

Back in the original Starcraft days I was all-in on C&C only

AussieBear

Did anyone play Starcraft 2?

It was alright, but I never played the original, so I wonder how the OG Starcraft folks felt about it.

Back in the original Starcraft days I was all-in on C&C only

sc 1 was me first rts.. loved it.. sc2 ive played.. got sc2 and the expansion day 1.. but i finally just got around to getting heart of the swarm and havent played it.. tried playing sc2 online but dem 12 yr old koreans aint no joke.. beat me in to not playing online ne mo..

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'm an RTS person, so I played SC. TBH, I liked Warcraft 2 better at the time from Blizzard. Basically Starcraft was buried between Warcraft 2, Age of Empires 2, and Red Alert 1/2, all RTS games I personally like better. It was the golden age for RTS, nothing to do with SC being a worse game. Westwood C&C games just had better mechanics at the time.
But they're doing the StarCraft remaster because of South Korean Esports, which I hope opens a door for similar releases.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I'm an RTS person, so I played SC. TBH, I liked Warcraft 2 better at the time from Blizzard. Basically Starcraft was buried between Warcraft 2, Age of Empires 2, and Red Alert 1/2, all RTS games I personally like better. It was the golden age for RTS, nothing to do with SC being a worse game. Westwood C&C games just had better mechanics at the time.
But they're doing the StarCraft remaster because of South Korean Esports, which I hope opens a door for similar releases.

might just have to go on a rampage and buy all of those I bet I could get it done for less than 50 bucks.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
A lot of people dogged Red Alert 3. But that's also a pretty fun game IMO. Just not as good multiplayer (unless that changed, I haven't kept up).

AussieBear

might just have to go on a rampage and buy all of those I bet I could get it done for less than 50 bucks.

they are all classics imo.. played all those others too.. sc popped me cherry into rts and its juss me fav.. cant go wrong playing any of them.. well expectations n dem results may vary if you compare some of the more refined rts of today to dem ones of yesteryearz..

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
they are all classics imo.. played all those others too.. sc popped me cherry into rts and its juss me fav.. cant go wrong playing any of them.. well expectations n dem results may vary if you compare some of the more refined rts of today to dem ones of yesteryearz..
Started with warcraft.... That was a bitch... Sc was so much better. Smooshing whiny teenagers online was fun.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Speaking of remasters, I'm enjoying final fantasy 12 zodiac age. They made the combat so much better. I'm 35 hours in and love it!