Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Q to Cubs

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

So, Brett, you've got your wish. A terrible team with a lot of young talent in a farm system that through history has failed to develop non-pitching talent. IF you want to see a real team on the field, take a gander at the Dodgers. They did it the correct way, building a great farm system also but always contending in the major league. Guess what? They spend money, draw fans to watch their product, and win. I am not saying that the White Sox would be smart to spend anywhere near what the Dodgers do but they shouldn't be the Padres either.
    Don't let facts get in your way.
    http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Don't let facts get in your way.
    http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm
    I can't believe that you responded to what I said with that payroll chart. It proved my point, Brett. That chart showed that the White Sox are among the dregs in baseball in payroll and that is before they jettisoned the salaries of Robertson, "Q", and Frazier. Might as well throw in Cabrera also. One of the richest owners in all sports and they are among the dregs in all of baseball. Tell me again, this wasn't about miserly ownership, Brett

I can't believe that you responded to what I said with that payroll chart. It proved my point, Brett. That chart showed that the White Sox are among the dregs in baseball in payroll and that is before they jettisoned the salaries of Robertson, "Q", and Frazier. Might as well throw in Cabrera also. One of the richest owners in all sports and they are among the dregs in all of baseball. Tell me again, this wasn't about miserly ownership, Brett
    Please have someone help you with your chart reading. You failed at a Padres comparison and at a level of support comparison. Now if you bring up an attendance chart you'll see that the team spends among the best for what the base brings in. But yell how right you are some more.
    Hidden Content

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Please have someone help you with your chart reading. You failed at a Padres comparison and at a level of support comparison. Now if you bring up an attendance chart you'll see that the team spends among the best for what the base brings in. But yell how right you are some more.
    No Brett, you really do not have comprehension do you? I stated my case that Reinny does not spend money to build a winning team and called the White sox the San Diego Padres of the AL. So in the pathetic effort to appear cute, you posted a table which showed the Sox to have one of the lowest pay-rolls in all of baseball. You proved my point for me, and now make a stupid argument that I said that they pay like the Padres. WHere did I say that, Brett?

No Brett, my point is clear and correct. Reinny is cheap as compared to what other teams in big markets do and is a very rich owner. His cheapness got them to where they are now in terms of fan attendance and is getting worse now. Take those 2018 salaries down further from the guys they gave up and it is even more ridiculous. Reinny doesn't know how to market. He doesn't hire top notch people except for lucking out with Hahn. And he expects fan loyalty as his right as an owner.

But, I tire of this and you. Enjoy your White Sox minor league operation. When Reinny is gone, maybe they will get a new owner who wants to win and knows how to win(like Rocky Wirtz). Bye.

God, our misery is embarrassing enough, do we have to do our catfights in their house now?

Yeah!! I actually remembered Garcia later.

I figure 4 outfielders is better than 3, and gives us that chance if one doesn't work out or to trade one. I don't want to trade one. 4 is good until they are all proven, and Garcia had a great season, is a bat we need and seems more powerfully built than those young guys do at this point in their growth. But they might fill out.

Garcia is for sure in my core as long as possible, and if they build from within I sure hope they keep these guys and show the team they reward their own. Abreu is like our Rizzo and should be kept as the leader, I always here he is a super nice guy.
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

No Brett, you really do not have comprehension do you? I stated my case that Reinny does not spend money to build a winning team and called the White sox the San Diego Padres of the AL. So in the pathetic effort to appear cute, you posted a table which showed the Sox to have one of the lowest pay-rolls in all of baseball. You proved my point for me, and now make a stupid argument that I said that they pay like the Padres. WHere did I say that, Brett?

No Brett, my point is clear and correct. Reinny is cheap as compared to what other teams in big markets do and is a very rich owner. His cheapness got them to where they are now in terms of fan attendance and is getting worse now. Take those 2018 salaries down further from the guys they gave up and it is even more ridiculous. Reinny doesn't know how to market. He doesn't hire top notch people except for lucking out with Hahn. And he expects fan loyalty as his right as an owner.

But, I tire of this and you. Enjoy your White Sox minor league operation. When Reinny is gone, maybe they will get a new owner who wants to win and knows how to win(like Rocky Wirtz). Bye.
    Another empty promise :sigh:
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

9. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
  10. The Following User Says Thank You to brett05 For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234