Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The farm system is fucking stacked. Incredible what Hahn has done.

Moncada, Robert, Jimenez, Cease, Kopech, Giolito, Lopez Basabe, Burger, Dunning.

In less than a fucking year. And we'll add anther top bat in the draft next year + whatever the hell he can get for Roberson. Maybe Melky and Frazier too.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

And there's Fulmer, Collins, Sheets and Burdi too...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If the Sox don't scare away young players, this is going to be an incredible team in a few seasons. Just need that visionary manager to make all the pieces come together.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This was probably the best trade possible if they couldn't get Tucker and Martes or a couple other top pitchers from Houston. Good trade, finally excited about the Sox again.

That might have worked over the winter before Q hit that dry spell earlier this year and way before Houston was 31 games over .500. They can afford to pick and choose at this point.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That might have worked over the winter before Q hit that dry spell earlier this year and way before Houston was 31 games over .500. They can afford to pick and choose at this point.

I know. I really like Tucker and was just kinda thinking about the best deal that some team might have offered in the right situation.

Houston had so many prospects and a pretty strong need for a vet SP, but you're right that they can afford to wait a bit.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
If the Sox don't scare away young players, this is going to be an incredible team in a few seasons. Just need that visionary manager to make all the pieces come together.
Renteria is good. Like what I've seen so far. Young guys are developing (sans Anderson), he seems competent and he fights for his players.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
And there's Fulmer, Collins, Sheets and Burdi too...
Insanity. I actually think we might be set up better than the Cubs, assuming the position players pan out. Because we have a shit ton of pitching and likely won't have to trade for it.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Insanity. I actually think we might be set up better than the Cubs, assuming the position players pan out. Because we have a shit ton of pitching and likely won't have to trade for it.

Well, you should be. Sox had some talent to deal....the Cubs Theo took over were virtually void of talent and the little they had were older players. But the one thing he had going for him was some great scouting and a lot of good fortune as the Cubs had a very high count on kids that turned out to be players. Far more than the usual % of kids that work out. If the Sox are half as fortunate, they will be pleased.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its a decent deal. I would rather have had some players, though, that are close to major league availability. The only one close is Cease. THe others are about 2-3 years away, if then.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Really? Out of these top ten or so prospects, how many will become:

A. Minor league washouts

B. Average Major League starting players

C. All Star players

My guess is that if they find two all-stars in the top ten and three other starting major league players, they will be ahead of the game. The rest will wash out and require five additional players to fill out a team. THere is more to making up a major league roster than trading the talent that you have to get prospects. A lot can happen in the development of any prospect.

Take this the other way. Last year the White Sox had two of the best left handed pitchers in the AL, including the best one in Chris Sale along with a plethora of young arms in their existing farm system. Now they do not have ONE legit innings eater starter. NONE. They also had two first class relief pitchers. What they lacked was a decent offensive and defensive catcher, a center fielder, a second baseman, and a DH. And in those areas, two left handed hitting bats. Now they will still lack the two left handed hitting bats and will have to find two good starting pitchers, a closer, a catcher, center fielder, and a DH(assuming that Moncada can fill the role.

The enthusiasm for this team baffles me. Did they get an influx of prospects? Yep. But temper the optimism because it is a long reach from class A to the majors and a lot of these prospects are a long reach.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

IF you are willing to wait for box scores from minor league affiliates to see how well or bad the "prospects" are doing then good luck. All that I know is that the 2018 Chicago White Sox are going to be one of the worst teams in pro baseball. We will then listen to the Reinny team talk about jettisoning Garcia, Abreau, and any other decent major league player that commands a value in order to bring more prospects in. The 2019 Chicago White Sox team will then be worse than the 2018 team and then keep on hoping that these "prospects" in 2A and 3A suddenly materialize.

THis is a damn pipe dream using the Cubs model only they do not have the dumb fans that the Cubs have to keep coming to the ball park. Wouldn't doubt that Reiny starts talking about moving the team again, maybe to Vegas.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I watched the Red Sox yesterday and they really need a bat if they are going to be serious at contending. So, I offer them Frazier for Dalbec, who also is a young 3b and I would also want a young pitcher in return. Devers is their future at 3rd but Dalbec is also pretty damn good and has good power potential. The Red Sox power numbers are awful and Frazier is still young enough to stick with them at Fenway for awhile as a 3b and DH.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are some trade rumors floating about Boston interested in Frazier.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

They have that in Rick Renteria

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

q's four rough starts had no affect on his value.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sickening to watch "Q" throw a gem for the Cubs after watching Sales do the same earlier. Also, it is sickening to take a look at the on a given night, the 5-9 "hitters" on this team. Anderson looks more and more that he doesn't belong at short-stop and that they had better find out if he can play center field because he just doesn't have the stuff to be a major league short-stop and doesn't possess the power numbers to play a corner outfield position in the bigs.

I would not be surprised if Abreau and even Garcia are going to start making requests to be traded. Both in the early stages of their prime years on a team with no hope of contending for at least 2-3 years and with an owner who is not going to pay them the market price or anywhere close to it.

You just do not piss away top notch pitching because you do not find it easily. All of this talk about potential is wonderful. I rather would have great proven performance. They could have built around "Q", Sales, Abreau, and Garcia. Four young studs under very cheap contracts. Reinny FAILED!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sickening to watch "Q" throw a gem for the Cubs after watching Sales do the same earlier. Also, it is sickening to take a look at the on a given night, the 5-9 "hitters" on this team.

it makes you wonder about our catchers and analytical approach, and defense.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
q's four rough starts had no affect on his value.

They did when they occurred. HE turned that around in June and July with quality outings. He was struggling though and there were definite indications that his market value was being questioned.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
They did when they occurred. HE turned that around in June and July with quality outings. He was struggling though and there were definite indications that his market value was being questioned.

Only in the eyes of the fans.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, you should be. Sox had some talent to deal....the Cubs Theo took over were virtually void of talent and the little they had were older players. But the one thing he had going for him was some great scouting and a lot of good fortune as the Cubs had a very high count on kids that turned out to be players. Far more than the usual % of kids that work out. If the Sox are half as fortunate, they will be pleased.

Very true. The Cubs were beneficiary of some very astute scouting and a lot of good fortune. YOu just cannot assume the Sox will have the same ability to scout and assemble young major league talent that way. The Sox have had a history of understanding and either trading for or drafting some very good pitchers. Position players have been the problem in a huge way. We will see.