Q to Cubs

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
José Quintana to the Cubs in exchange for outfielder Eloy Jiménez, the No. 5 prospect in baseball according to Baseball America’s updated midseason rankings, right-handed pitcher Dylan Cease, first baseman Matt Rose and infielder Bryant Flete.

At least these guys all stay in Chicago......fuck the east coast.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the deal. Eloy is a top notch prospect and Cease has wicked stuff. Not sure about the other 2.

I cant wait to hear from The Hawk about how dumb this deal is.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I would have liked candy in on the deal too, but I am happy. Q is going to a solid team and deserves to be on a winner.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think we got a nice haul and it finally is a legit rebuild in my eyes.

Robertson probably next to get dealt idk if anyone else will be

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
melky frazier and Robertson still should go IMO.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Same with Gonzalez and possibly a reliever or two

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Other then to save money can we get anything worthwhile for those two? I think Robertson we can get something significant for him

Watch for injuries as the deadline approaches....the right contender losing a 3B, OF or even a DH for any significant length of time would make them a bit more valuable.

Oh, and BTW....Hahn is just killing it. Somebody lock Williams in his office till Sept

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Watch for injuries as the deadline approaches....the right contender losing a 3B, OF or even a DH for any significant length of time would make them a bit more valuable.

Oh, and BTW....Hahn is just killing it. Somebody lock Williams in his office till Sept

I hope it works out well for both teams. Q is a class act and the Cubs will give him the run support he woefully lacked on the south side.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 years should be exciting team. 3 years competitive.

Hopefully by then a new owner willing to spend, to complete the puzzle and fix things that don't work out.

OF- Robert/Eloy
Infield- Robinson, Anderson, Moncada, Abreu
Pitchers- Cease, Bigger Unit, Rodon

And that is just the core.

Maybe move Anderson to LF?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

We had some good talent on shrewd contracts that landed us a nice plethora of young talent. Whether it works or not time will tell but at least now there is a honest effort and it goes a long way for me. The one thing though that will always hold this team back is this odd ball reinsdorf loyalty that makes no sense.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
2 years should be exciting team. 3 years competitive.

Hopefully by then a new owner willing to spend, to complete the puzzle and fix things that don't work out.

OF- Robert/Eloy
Infield- Robinson, Anderson, Moncada, Abreu
Pitchers- Cease, Bigger Unit, Rodon

And that is just the core.

Maybe move Anderson to LF?

Bro get the spending thing out of your head. We spend but we invested big in guys past what they can offer.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bro get the spending thing out of your head. We spend but we invested big in guys past what they can offer.

There are so many Sox fans that have been brainwashed by this front office. So much so that they think the Sox should be buying during a damn rebuild. Right now, they need time to see what exactly they have...some of this kids are gonna be stars, others not so much. But they have a young base now, not a group of overpaid, past their prime, former good players. I saw the Cubs do the same things for years, so you guys are not alone.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
The farm system is fucking stacked. Incredible what Hahn has done.

Moncada, Robert, Jimenez, Cease, Kopech, Giolito, Lopez Basabe, Burger, Dunning.

In less than a fucking year. And we'll add anther top bat in the draft next year + whatever the hell he can get for Roberson. Maybe Melky and Frazier too.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

dennehy

Liked Posts:
This was probably the best trade possible if they couldn't get Tucker and Martes or a couple other top pitchers from Houston. Good trade, finally excited about the Sox again.