Quintana a Cub

Rise

Liked Posts:
He is a nice 3 I guess. I think the Sox took us to the cleaners.

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
We needed pitching, he is under control till 2020 and his salary isn't crazy. Lackey and Arrieta should both be gone next year.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...

I'm not surprised that Q would cost that much. A quality #2 or 3 starter on a team friendly contract wasn't going to be traded for guys we didn't want.

Theo is the one that made me appreciate prospects and now I've had to see all the top press prospects go lol. The exciting farm system is gone.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
The entire baseball world is laughing at the Cubs besides Brett. Go figure

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The two others are thow away players. The Cubs definitely got the best part of the deal. To not even have to part away with at least three top 30 org guys is a great deal for the Cubs. It is what it is and I have to hope we can get Cease to gain control enough to at least be a bullpen arm.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The entire baseball world is laughing at the Cubs besides Brett. Go figure

No they aren't No one is getting laughed at here. Even if there is a slight edge immediately for the Cubs.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Well I'm shocked..
First that the Sox made a deal with the Cubs..
Second, the Cubs traded away Jiminez..

For the actual deal, hate losing Jiminez but getting a young TOR type starter who under control for at least 3 more seasons was a solid move to try and salvage this season and gives them a top guy for next 3 yrs..

This move also helps bullpen..
Assuming Lackey remains as no.5 guy now, Montgomery and Butler can help the pen now..

My personal wish is they have another deal coming for a SP that will knock Lackey out of rotation..
They can put lackey on 60 day DL or just DFA him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Well I'm shocked..

For the actual deal, hate losing Jiminez but getting a young TOR type starter who under control for at least 3 more seasons was a solid move to try and salvage this season and gives them a top guy for next 3 yrs..

Assuming Lackey remains as no.5 guy now, Montgomery and Butler can help the pen now..

My personal wish is they have another deal coming for a SP that will knock Lackey out of rotation..

If they have another deal it's going to be from the MLB roster to land that quality SP.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Well I'm shocked..

I don't think Cubs have the pieces to trade. Also, I think this was a good deal for both teams. I'm happy as fuck to have Quintana, and trust Theo & Jed to rebuild the farm.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
If they have another deal it's going to be from the MLB roster to land that quality SP.
Most definitely . .

Not sure if they'll do it now or off season but either Russell or Baez need to be dealt..
Both deserve to just start and not have to look over their shoulder at the other. .

I think whether they make a deal or not will most definitely depend on their confidence in Lackey for rest of year.. 5th starter or not..

Still would love to see them get Fullmer from tigers

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Most definitely . .

Not sure if they'll do it now or off season but either Russell or Baez need to be dealt..
Both deserve to just start and not have to look over their shoulder at the other. .

I think whether they make a deal or not will most definitely depend on their confidence in Lackey for rest of year.. 5th starter or not..

Still would love to see them get Fullmer from tigers

the Cubs have the pieces to get him, however, it's going to take more than Russell or Baez. You're talking about removing a piece from the core and I don't see the Cubs moving Bryant, Rizzo. It would be something like Happ and Contreras and I'm not sure that's wise for the Cubs.

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
and why would the cubs have to move bryant or rizzo to get michael fullmer? happ and conteras? that is absurd