Quintana a Cub

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The best front office in baseball decided Quintana was the guy they wanted. Anyone who disagrees should probably listen to the guys who strike gold with whatever they do.

Any Cub fan who shits on this deal is fucking Special person.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

...and Ari follows as if right on cue. :smug2:
v v v

A 4W 8L 4.49 era doesnt excite me. Hope he turns it around

^ Not directed at him in particular since he's not arguing about it or anything, just stating his opinion but...

People with mental disabilities are typically born that way. - - They work their entire lives to improve their ability to function and contribute to society.

IGNORANT people typically have the capacity to think critically or look into things.
- - They simply choose NOT to do so, and have unexamined knee-jerk reactions to what they see and hear at first glance. IGNORANCE = far worse.

This is exactly the shit that drives me to drinkin'. I means seriously. There's several posts earlier in this very thread. Takes a couple minutes to skim them or read a few basic articles & find that his last 7 games netted a sub 3.0 ERA (already has turned it around), and his lifetime ERA is = to Lester. + years of control at sub-market cost.

Lots of this ignorance in the BEARS forums here, online in general, and especially in politics.

the-unexamined-life-is-not-worth-living.png

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
...and Ari follows as if right on cue. :smug2:
v v v

^ Not directed at him in particular since he's not arguing about it or anything, just stating his opinion but...

People with mental disabilities are typically born that way. - - They work their entire lives to improve their ability to function and contribute to society.

IGNORANT people typically have the capacity to think critically or look into things.
- - They simply choose NOT to do so, and have unexamined knee-jerk reactions to what they see and hear at first glance. IGNORANCE = far worse.

This is exactly the shit that drives me to drinkin'. I means seriously. There's several posts earlier in this very thread. Takes a couple minutes to skim them or read a few basic articles & find that his last 7 games netted a sub 3.0 ERA (already has turned it around), and his lifetime ERA is = to Lester. + years of control at sub-market cost.

Lots of this ignorance in the BEARS forums here, online in general, and especially in politics.

the-unexamined-life-is-not-worth-living.png
Doesn't help when media members regurgitate that same garbage wins losses stuff too.

But narratives amirite?

If you think Quintana isn't good, you choose ignore every advanced stat that says otherwise. So yes, you're an idiot if you believe he's not good.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't help when media members regurgitate that same garbage wins losses stuff too.

But narratives amirite?

If you think Quintana isn't good, you choose ignore every advanced stat that says otherwise. So yes, you're an idiot if you believe he's not good.

Exactly. It's a shame that we can't trust things with initial face validity much anymore...especially media who are lazy or otherwise.

Can't expect everyone to look up everything either of course, but a bit of curiosity > assuming something is good or bad.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That add AB's to he pitchers spot.

I look at it this way: if you avg 4 AB's per inning that puts to pitcher up in the 2nd. 4th, 6th, 7th, and 9th innings. So you need 2 PH reserved daily if the starter makes 6.

9th: 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th. So 1 less AB per game. You are again are going to use 2 PH but you are going to get 6 innings in as long as the start is respectable.

The fact you have to hit the pitcher 1 less time early on pays off in itself.

Rizzo swinging at first pitch fastballs pays for itself.