Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
[video=youtube;IF313MrsqIY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF313MrsqIY[/video]

Sure, Bulls are down 0-1, sure the Lakers have Championship pedigree. 31 year old Magic Johnson was still as good as ever. James Worthy still in his prime. Vlade Divac who had some big games in the series. AC Ironman Green, one of the all-time best intangibles players. Byron Scott and Sam Perkins, under-rated players that had solid careers and made big shots under pressure.

Top 3 Jordan finals IMO. Not the biggest scoring game, just a deadly 2nd half that psyched out one of the greatest players of all-time. When people say killer instinct, this is the kind of Jordan game they talk about. Plus if you don't know, this game has the famous hand switch.

People seem to discount this series because it was won in 5 and Worthy was hurt for the final few games. But even full strength, Jordan just put the team on his back and the Lakers still had experience and depth on their side to make it a tough series.

Figured it would nice to get a break from the mess we have now and look back at some of the best basketball ever.

AussieBear

[video=youtube;IF313MrsqIY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF313MrsqIY[/video]

Sure, Bulls are down 0-1, sure the Lakers have Championship pedigree. 31 year old Magic Johnson was still as good as ever. James Worthy still in his prime. Vlade Divac who had some big games in the series. AC Ironman Green, one of the all-time best intangibles players. Byron Scott and Sam Perkins, under-rated players that had solid careers and made big shots under pressure.

Top 3 Jordan finals IMO. Not the biggest scoring game, just a deadly 2nd half that psyched out one of the greatest players of all-time. When people say killer instinct, this is the kind of Jordan game they talk about. Plus if you don't know, this game has the famous hand switch.

People seem to discount this series because it was won in 5 and Worthy was hurt for the final few games. But even full strength, Jordan just put the team on his back and the Lakers still had experience and depth on their side to make it a tough series.

Figured it would nice to get a break from the mess we have now and look back at some of the best basketball ever.

was cool.. rememba da series a lil.. felt more gratifying watching dem take out da pistons.. idk y.. hated da bad boys.. only meh da lakers..

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
If you talk to the lebron lovers, Magic was way past his prime and that Lakers team wasn't very good.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I just love watching this game. Scottie was getting real good and did a nice job on Magic. Divac's defensive advance stats were among the best in the league too that season, and it showed. Cartwright was having a good series against the Sixers, IMO played his best games as a Bull in these playoffs(kind of disappeared ala Luol Deng in the Finals for big chunks though). Good series all-around. I just love this game the most. Love seeing Magic frustrated from pure gameplay, and not because of officiating.

Jordan was doubled/tripled for most of the game and still hit 13 tough shots in a row. I don't want to make this a LeBron debate, that's too easy, because I don't remember LeBron ever getting doubled like that by experienced defenders and still dominating.

If you haven't seen this game, or watched it in a long time, do yourself a favor. It's worth it.