IST: Cubs @ Orioles

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The league does not want them to remember what they can do. The break is going to be huge. Young players feed off it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The league does not want them to remember what they can do. The break is going to be huge. Young players feed off it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may force the Crew to over pay to get Gray.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
This may force the Crew to over pay to get Gray.

I don't think so. I think they were and are just poking around pitchers to see if the right deal worked. If the Cubs play like they can the Brewers likely don't stand a chance and Stearns knows that and won't sacrifice their future for this season. Maybe next year, or the year after when most of the kids are up but unless they really take a huge lead over us overpaying for a pitcher would really screw them and shorten their window. For a team up 4.5 games they're in a rough spot.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Cubs sweep! In those three games Cubs offense came alive 10 hr's 41 hits 27 runs scored! What a way to start the second half of the season!

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Everyone pray that Lester, Lackey, Montgomery don't completely ruin our post All Star break buzz vs ATL.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
By "notice", I mean, Would you feel it?"

Would it impact your quality of lide?

Can you afford to do something at, say, $30 million per yesr that you can't at $26 million?

LOL, boy are you asking the wrong guy. I couldn't fathom that much Monopoly money.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
A good team to have bating practice against. Still too early to tell if this changes things.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
also i forgot to obligatory post this...

[video=youtube;MLCLMEYp9s0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLCLMEYp9s0[/video]

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
A good team to have bating practice against. Still too early to tell if this changes things.

I don't disagree but there were positive signs apart from the offensive barrage and this is supposed to hit so the fact that they finally are is just moving on from underachieving. That said, ask me in a week. This team did lose the benefit of the doubt. Still my weekend was joyous. Plus I was in Chicago for our company's summer sales meetings and we toured Wrigley on Thursday and ABC 7 interviewed me about the trade. I was on the TV.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't disagree but there were positive signs apart from the offensive barrage and this is supposed to hit so the fact that they finally are is just moving on from underachieving. That said, ask me in a week. This team did lose the benefit of the doubt. Still my weekend was joyous. Plus I was in Chicago for our company's summer sales meetings and we toured Wrigley on Thursday and ABC 7 interviewed me about the trade. I was on the TV.

Gotta link to the video?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Actually I was wrong on the time it's 1:11 right after the Cubs footage. "Dean Gavney- Cubs Fan". I have to admit it was a lot of fun.

I've been on Chicago News a few times (Oliver North decision and Unical 76 Explosion in Bridgeview), but never for sports. So nice.