1st Game Back Analysis 9-8 over BAL *Read Me*

Southsidewentblind

Liked Posts:
Okay, Today we began our 2nd half of the 2017 season. I noticed some good remarks and a few questionable errors.
We started out 8-0 but we crumbled a little to give PIT a tie only to win in the end.

First thing I wanted to remark was about our Pitchers.

Montgomery--- Mike looked like he was having trouble extending his elbow away from his body and it was leading to him not being able to get a full extension from his arm, which was leading to lost velocity. It almost looked like he felt uptight and couldn't spread his wings(his arms) to get the balls max vel. His arm should be as spread out as possible, so that the radius(his single arm) of his delivery is a big as possible while still bending his elbow and shoulder together.

Grimm--- Justin had trouble when he went out as well. It started to look to me like when he was delivering, the direction of his chest wasn't pointed towards home plate and it was leading to him continuously throwing balls outside of the strike zone to the left hand side. He had the most trouble out of anyone today. His wrist movement looked off too.

Edwards Jr.---- Carl looks to me like he isn't pulling his hand behind his shoulder before he moves forward, which is making lose velocity. When you start you pitch just above your shoulder you are cutting some of the build up time that you get from a wind up. He looks like his is starting his hand at the 12 o'clock position instead of the 3 o'clock position if you are looking at him from his side.

Uehara--- Koji, why Koji why.... Lol. I can't believe you challenged Trumbo high and over the plate. Dude you are not fast enough to try that.

And our Batters did a great job except for a few.

Bryant--- Kris's 0 for 5 was bad but o well. I still think he needs to start his swing earlier and take his bat off of his shoulder. I looked like he couldn't swing the bat fast enough because he holds it on his shoulder and it was creating a downward chop when he decides to swing. MY Suggestion is to hold it pointing at the opposite side foul pole in front of your chest.

Rizzo--- Anthony's open swing seems to kill him almost instantly, he couldn't defend against the inside pitches. But I do like how he holds his bat before the wind up. That is almost the way I think it should be held. In front of your chest but pointed towards the opposite upper deck.

Happ--- Ian is still uppercutting with his swing way too much. It is making his contact window smaller because he isn't swing through the plate. I have a special reference technique that I use to gain maximum contact window. Start the bat head at you elbow and end it at your shoulder. Not start the bat head at you ankle and end it like you are sheathing a sword, that is a golf swing.

and shoot, I can't believe Baez was taking such a big swing in the 9th inning. Our bullpen was almost depleted and it was a tie score. I would ask him to take a shorter swing and just try to make contact being that he was the 1st to the plate for the inning.

Russell was smart about his swing and we are so lucky he got to see a pitch he could hit. His swing was almost like what I was trying to describe Elbow to Shoulder and don't try to kill it like Baez was. Russell's stroke was smooth and it still got out.

But overall I am so happy. That is the way you work towards defending a Championship.