Quintna dazzles in first start with Cubs

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
He could, it's Joe after all, but that's not what my comment was about. It was the belief that many Cub fans had that Q was basically a #3.

It just depends on the staff. I am sure if that bone spur that is floating in Lesters elbow finally lodges in the joint, Q will still be behind Arrieta. The previous stop in his career said he had trouble in Sales shadow. When that lifted, he still pitched well but not lights out. But thats just me, I dont think you can consider Lester an ace either, hard to believe a guy can not be able to throw to bases and get the top designation.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
It just depends on the staff. I am sure if that bone spur that is floating in Lesters elbow finally lodges in the joint, Q will still be behind Arrieta. The previous stop in his career said he had trouble in Sales shadow. When that lifted, he still pitched well but not lights out. But thats just me, I dont think you can consider Lester an ace either, hard to believe a guy can not be able to throw to bases and get the top designation.

Only folks that don't know baseball well would but Jake ahead of Q.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Only folks that don't know baseball well would but Jake ahead of Q.

Bingo. Frankly most people don't value consistency nearly enough with starting pitching. Jake has pitched some really good ballgames this year but except for that silly run in 2015 and briefly into 2016, you just don't know what guy you're going to get on a given day. Quintana, and Lester too for that matter, are consistency personified. That doesn't mean they won't have a bad game but most times out they give you an excellent chance to win. Those are top end starters.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is there anywhere to watch entire Cubs games the next day online? I'd love to check out some of Quintana's pitching (more than a few seconds of highlights over at MLB). Thanks.

I have TMobile, so for like 3 years running, I get At Bat for free. I can watch the entire game live, or the condensed game the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk