IST: Cubs @ Braves

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This is pretty impressive. They're making it look easy and it shouldn't have been. Nearly everyone in the Braves lineup was hovering around .300 going into this....Cubs had Bryant at around .270 and that's it. Cub starters shut the door and the hitters jumped on board....this is even more impressive than in Baltimore. This is a better opponent.

Braves were coming off a sweep of a very good DBacks team, and Cubs swept them in their own park.

Cubs swept O's in baltimore, and the orioles are going for a sweep of Texas afterward.

Our two opponents thus far are hovering around .500, but hardly in tailspins.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I cant tell if were kiddin or being serious. Day to day.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

No I was serious. It's no secret where my heart is, but when my boss told me about it and we saw the picture, I was pretty broken heart about the whole thing. I am very glad it's day to day.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Probably a safe guess that Grimm gets the boot when Hendricks activated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I would kind of hope so. I like the guy but he just can't put it together for long stretches. I'm guessing we'll see Dillon Maples and his lights out slider before it's all said and done.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I would kind of hope so. I like the guy but he just can't put it together for long stretches. I'm guessing we'll see Dillon Maples and his lights out slider before it's all said and done.
Yea I'm thinking Maples will get a look at come Augest so he can be eligible for playoff roster..

I know the 5th starter normally takes a bullpen spot come playoffs but let keep in mind that 5th spot will be Lackey (barring trade)..
I just don't see Lackey being too effective out of the pen, especially after all these years of starting..
Itll take him long to get ready and not sure if he can handle those situations mentally.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yea I'm thinking Maples will get a look at come Augest so he can be eligible for playoff roster..

I know the 5th starter normally takes a bullpen spot come playoffs but let keep in mind that 5th spot will be Lackey (barring trade)..
I just don't see Lackey being too effective out of the pen, especially after all these years of starting..
Itll take him long to get ready and not sure if he can handle those situations mentally.

I'm pretty sure he will be left off. Last time he warmed up for extra he got injured.

Maples we will see. They need a legit set up but with Rondon and Duensing's recent performance it has been stabilizing the road to Davis.

Add to it Maples is not on the 40 man. There would have to be a guy left open to wavers if they did move him in the first place.

Not saying that they won't because they have and will do again. But it is not a easy decision to rush job him like that.

Now the natural option is to move Butler back to AAA to be honest. Keep his inning up for emergency. With Montgomery in the pen you have a better 2 inning option anyways.

Now when Lackey gets bumped off in the play offs you would expect Grimm back. Maples would have to force that decision by dominating AAA hitters to even move him to the 40

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
No I was serious. It's no secret where my heart is, but when my boss told me about it and we saw the picture, I was pretty broken heart about the whole thing. I am very glad it's day to day.
I did not think it was that bad. But I thought, knows with the injuries that happen in baseball these days. I'm gald it wasnt anything serious. I often cringe with those head first sides.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:

I thought it was his curve ball that was his lights out pitch and not his slider?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I thought it was his curve ball that was his lights out pitch and not his slider?

He came in with his curve being his best. Cubs made him learn command and he lost feel of the curve in doing so. Then he added his wipe out slider. This year is when he brought beck his curve and he has taken off.

Fastball: 75 | Slider: 65 | Curveball: 60 | Control: 40 | Overall: 45

So his fastball is his best pitch. Can hit 100. Slider is his strike out pitch. Curve is the knee buckler.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
He came in with his curve being his best. Cubs made him learn command and he lost feel of the curve in doing so. Then he added his wipe out slider. This year is when he brought beck his curve and he has taken off.

Fastball: 75 | Slider: 65 | Curveball: 60 | Control: 40 | Overall: 45

So his fastball is his best pitch. Can hit 100. Slider is his strike out pitch. Curve is the knee buckler.
He stuff looks nasty. Sucks that we traded Cease but nice to know we have another stud pitcher on the horizon.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Gained 4 on brewers in 4 days.

Cards are "hot" lately, and we have pulled ahead by 3 games since the break.

Pirates are the other hot team - 3 walkoff wins in their current homestand.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
in baseball speak Bryant will be out minimum 2 weeks for a sprain pinky on his glove hand. lol

We heard you before, you are ignorant to at least the game of baseball. No need to keep telling us.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
4 horse race with the leader fading at the 3/4 pole. And fading FAST

"Pole" does not mean finish line.

Milwaukee was not much of a pacesetter. A little 6 game winning string and they are on their ass.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Have to think Hendricks going to get his start in whitesox series ..

They'll need to go with a 6 man rotation in this turn,
With Lackey Montgomery Hendricks and Arrieta facing the whitesox..

Then Lester and Quintana will be able to start series against the Brewers, with Lackey going the 3rd game..

otherwise it'll be Lackey Montgomery and Quintana scheduled for Milwaukee next weekend

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Have to think Hendricks going to get his start in whitesox series ..

They'll need to go with a 6 man rotation in this turn,
With Lackey Montgomery Hendricks and Arrieta facing the whitesox..

Then Lester and Quintana will be able to start series against the Brewers, with Lackey going the 3rd game..

otherwise it'll be Lackey Montgomery and Quintana scheduled for Milwaukee next weekend

Joe said that he will start in that series. He didn't say which game though. He did not comment on Montgomery.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Most likely. I doubt they pull a 6 man. Now I get not having Q in the sox series. But vs Mil it really don't matter who is starting.

21: STL Arrieta
22: STL Lester
23: STL Quintana
24: CWS Lackey
25: CWS Hendricks
26: CWS Arreta
27: CWS Lester
28: Mil Quintana
39: Mil Lackey
30: Mil Hendricks

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Most likely. I doubt they pull a 6 man. Now I get not having Q in the sox series. But vs Mil it really don't matter who is starting.

21: STL Arrieta
22: STL Lester
23: STL Quintana
24: CWS Lackey
25: CWS Hendricks
26: CWS Arreta
27: CWS Lester
28: Mil Quintana
39: Mil Lackey
30: Mil Hendricks

Pretty sure they said they were going to flip Lester/Q so that both get starts at stl/mil.