Close
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 22 of 168
  1. #1
    Iím in a glass case of emotion! Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    738

    Post Report: White Sox to send Robertson, Frazier, Kahnle to Yankees


    Chicago White Sox general manager Rick Hahn isn't done dealing just days after sending Jose Quintana to the Chicago Cubs.Hahn has reportedly struck a deal with the New York Yankees that will send David Robertson, Todd Frazier and Tommy Kahnle. In exchange, the White Sox will receive four players back in the deal highlighted by the number 30 overall prospect. https://twitter.com/BNightengale/sta...30886166528The move isn't finalized yet as he teams are close to nearing a deal and it could happen at anytime Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. If the White Sox do strike the deal, it will just add to their already loaded farm system that Hahn has built.

    More...

  2. A message from our sponsors.


    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.


  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,630

    Default

    in exchange for outfield prospect Blake Rutherford, left-handed pitching prospect Ian Clarkin, outfield prospect Tito Polo and veteran right-hander Tyler Clippard.
    Pretty good return for sox

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to beckdawg For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Its a done deal. They gone. Can't wait until 2020 when Rutherford is projected to be ready to maybe play in the majors. The stupid part in this deal was giving one of the best young set-up guys in the majors away in this zeal to get "prospects.

    Hahn can now sit on his heels and go on vacation for 2-3 years because his wholesale sale of pretty much all of their talent is gone with the exception of Abreau and Garcia. They'll have to give Cabrera gone because he makes too much money also. And don't let anyone tell me that this was not all about getting to a pathetic pay-roll level. Welcome to the San Diego Padres of the American League.

  6. #4
    Senior Member Rustysurf83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    874
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    They've got ten prospects in the top 70 and you are bitching?

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rustysurf83 For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Senior Member Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Enemy Territory via southern C
    Posts
    12,221
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Polo and Rutherford both have base stealing, and Polo is a lefty hitting .307.

    We got a first round pick who is doing well enough down below. So they added some more core with speed, the pitcher is an acceptable off-set to Kanyle on a better timetable, as they weren't going to pay him probably.

    I am ok with this one....like Hahn said, he could have sold them all separately and gotten greater volume of prospects. He wanted Rutherford and so that is how this one will be graded.

    No more thoughts of Anderson to OF. Its Rutherford, Robert, Jiminez in 2019/2020. Fast. Rangy. Bats. Left/right solid. Exciting like a twins outfield of old to cut down on holes.

    Moncada/Anderson up the middle. Abreu/Robinson on the corners.


    DH/C situation still materializing but many positions look like potential to make more deals from strength if any more guys work out than listed above.

    White Sox MUST be leading the farm game by now. Do we have an Altuve/Correa in there? If we keep Abreu it is likely we are in the ballpark and have just as much depth surrounding a couple studs.

    We will have to keep in mind just how bad the Astros were about 4-5 years ago next year. And like has been mentioning, trust we have always developed pitching.

    My wish is just that by 2020-2021-2022 they have a new owner who is willing to spend to finish this thing or its all for not. It almost always requires buying an ace, developing one, buying a stud bullpen guy, developing one, buying a moderate veteran starter, developing one, and being willing to round it all out with that 3B, DH, or C bat that will complete the final puzzle when its possible to determine the biggest weakness.

    The outfield looks good to me, Anderson regressed, and Abreu is still a trade risk. We'll see...but the future is for sure bright, maybe the brightest around the league outside Houston/Dodgers and a couple others peaking now that also have farms and much more money to spend.
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

  9. #6
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,484
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Jerry has spent money when it's been appropriate. I have no idea where this notion that he won't comes from.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  10. #7
    Senior Member BEARZOMBIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,900
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    This is how I look at it trade away what won't be relevant to the team in three years. Collect as many assets as possible. Some will work out, some will bust, and some will be traded when we are ready to compete. I don't get why this is so hard to accept especially with how dull the sox have been for years with a plan that was straight up failing

    We don't get the blockbuster type sherzer signings but they do spend it just ends up unwisely. I guess you miss the sox that sign guys like Dunn and trade for guys like shields .....

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BEARZOMBIE For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    The World is Yours TonyMontana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,293
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rustysurf83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They've got ten prospects in the top 70 and you are bitching?
    He's a Score Caller Type
    I ain't never fucked over anybody in my life who didn't have it coming to them.

  13. #9
    Senior Member CSF77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,526
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Sox are doing it right. They have overhauled the farm in a 1 year process. The Yanks did this when they had the worst farm and a old team and cap concerns. Sox are following suit even to a higher degree.

    Having good teams in Chicago is a good thing. And the Sox are building long term.

  14. #10
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,484
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CSF77 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sox are doing it right. They have overhauled the farm in a 1 year process. The Yanks did this when they had the worst farm and a old team and cap concerns. Sox are following suit even to a higher degree.

    Having good teams in Chicago is a good thing. And the Sox are building long term.
    I'm not sure I want this, but it would be great to meet in the playoffs again in this city.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  15. #11
    Senior Member CSF77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    8,526
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure I want this, but it would be great to meet in the playoffs again in this city.
    You guys will need 2 D minded top ended game calling Catchers for the young staff. That staff will be talented but will need guidence

    They promoted Mocena. Not sure if that was too wise starting his clock yet. Their core is still developing.

    Outside of that it is just time. If they sign/retain vets it should be for leadership while the core matures. The kids will take you forward but you need other elements that don't show up on the stats.

    Still it would be nice to see a cross town. Or even a even/odd year thing

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to CSF77 For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rustysurf83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They've got ten prospects in the top 70 and you are bitching?
    Yeah, I am bitching. They have a terrible team on the field. I really like Hahn and think that he has done a good job getting as much as he has from this house cleaning ordered by Reinny. But I am sad to know that my team is now the San Diego Padres of the AL. They are garbage. I think that this was all done to cut payroll while selling a promise of future glory and odds are that this will not work. Think as you and other may about high draft picks emerging into future stars, baseball just doesn't work that way. There is an enormous amount of pure luck involved in any player coming out of college or the pros and even making a major league team let alone thriving in the majors. Personally I have had several of players that I have coached become 1st and other high draft picks and not made it through one reason or the other.

    It might be different if the White Sox had a solid minor league development track record but they have not other than pitching so pardon me if I doubt that this talent in the system matures into successful major league players. Truthfully, the one thing which I will credit the White Sox for is the signing of the Latin American kids that they have and have more confidence in those kids making it than the kids that they have either drafted themselves or traded for as in Garcia.

    So we will see. Any estimate of how many folks will flock to the ball park next year to see this new Reinny "product". I bet tens of people show up

  18. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CSF77 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sox are doing it right. They have overhauled the farm in a 1 year process. The Yanks did this when they had the worst farm and a old team and cap concerns. Sox are following suit even to a higher degree.

    Having good teams in Chicago is a good thing. And the Sox are building long term.
    Yeah, enjoy those "good" Chicago teams...........The Bears suck. The Bulls suck. The White Sox suck. Two shitty owners. Three shitty teams. And you just do not get the correlation between shit owner and shit teams.

  19. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rustysurf83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They've got ten prospects in the top 70 and you are bitching?
    Who is in your 2018 pitching rotation next year? Who are your relief pitchers next year? Who is your starting CF, 3B, DH, LF, and C next year? Lets play a game. Assume that Cabrera gets traded and assume that they get a B level minor league player for him and assume that your player roster is who is presently in your major and minor league system. Who goes onto the field in 2018 as the starting five in the pitching rotation? Who are your best two set-up pitchers and your closer? And please give us your 2018 starting line-up as you take the field.

  20. #15
    I have a Senior Member SweetHomeChicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Side Chicago
    Posts
    1,382
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I am bitching. They have a terrible team on the field. I really like Hahn and think that he has done a good job getting as much as he has from this house cleaning ordered by Reinny. But I am sad to know that my team is now the San Diego Padres of the AL. They are garbage. I think that this was all done to cut payroll while selling a promise of future glory and odds are that this will not work. Think as you and other may about high draft picks emerging into future stars, baseball just doesn't work that way. There is an enormous amount of pure luck involved in any player coming out of college or the pros and even making a major league team let alone thriving in the majors. Personally I have had several of players that I have coached become 1st and other high draft picks and not made it through one reason or the other.

    It might be different if the White Sox had a solid minor league development track record but they have not other than pitching so pardon me if I doubt that this talent in the system matures into successful major league players. Truthfully, the one thing which I will credit the White Sox for is the signing of the Latin American kids that they have and have more confidence in those kids making it than the kids that they have either drafted themselves or traded for as in Garcia.

    So we will see. Any estimate of how many folks will flock to the ball park next year to see this new Reinny "product". I bet tens of people show up
    I have a question.

    Did you enjoy the retooling that Kenny was doing every year? Because that is the alternative.

    It was, get excited for new season and by all-star break realize the team was shit and we have no hope.

    Did you honestly prefer that or do you just bitch and whine because that's who you are?
    "QBs are overpaid, overrated, pompous bastards and must be punished."

    -The late great Buddy Ryan. 1934-2016 R.I.P.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SweetHomeChicago For This Useful Post:


  22. #16
    First time, long time. RiDLer80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Suburbs
    Posts
    1,144
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Yeah, this is a bad team right now, but somehow they're still enjoyable to watch. Maybe it's me forcing myself to support a team I know will be bad for years in hopes of a successful rebuild; or maybe it's just that Renteria has them playing the game the right way and going hard every game.
    WestEndZone.com

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RiDLer80 For This Useful Post:


  24. #17
    I have a Senior Member SweetHomeChicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Side Chicago
    Posts
    1,382
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiDLer80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, this is a bad team right now, but somehow they're still enjoyable to watch. Maybe it's me forcing myself to support a team I know will be bad for years in hopes of a successful rebuild; or maybe it's just that Renteria has them playing the game the right way and going hard every game.
    I agree. Its a bad team but they fight and are fun to watch for the most part.
    "QBs are overpaid, overrated, pompous bastards and must be punished."

    -The late great Buddy Ryan. 1934-2016 R.I.P.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SweetHomeChicago For This Useful Post:


  26. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetHomeChicago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a question.

    Fair enough.

    Did you enjoy the retooling that Kenny was doing every year? Because that is the alternative.

    No I did not enjoy the re-tooling that Williams was doing. However, remember something. They did win it all in 2005. And what is this crap about the "only alternative" was continuing the Williams half measures way. Also this "Re-tooling" didn't go nearly far enough because Reinny would not spend the money to have a contender every year. Reinny IS THE PROBLEM.

    It was, get excited for new season and by all-star break realize the team was shit and we have no hope.

    They had several chances to be contenders in the ten plus years but what did Reinny do? Answer....... bringing in aging and limited talent veterans hoping to suck a couple of miracle years out of them, hiring bargain basement managers like Ventura and Renteria (yeah I said it which will further piss you Reinny zealots off)

    Did you honestly prefer that or do you just bitch and whine because that's who you are?
    What a stupid insult. I have an opinion that this isn't about anything other than Reinny's failure to put a contender onto the field and the evidence is clear that he doesn't spend the money. Even Brett's attempt to prove me wrong about the money he spends SHOWED CLEARLY that he is one of the cheapest owners in baseball. Period. What do you say to the White Sox having such a low pay-roll?

  27. #19
    I have a Senior Member SweetHomeChicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Side Chicago
    Posts
    1,382
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a stupid insult. I have an opinion that this isn't about anything other than Reinny's failure to put a contender onto the field and the evidence is clear that he doesn't spend the money. Even Brett's attempt to prove me wrong about the money he spends SHOWED CLEARLY that he is one of the cheapest owners in baseball. Period. What do you say to the White Sox having such a low pay-roll?
    Do you think anything that is happening right now is good for the organization?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    "QBs are overpaid, overrated, pompous bastards and must be punished."

    -The late great Buddy Ryan. 1934-2016 R.I.P.

  28. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiDLer80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, this is a bad team right now, but somehow they're still enjoyable to watch. Maybe it's me forcing myself to support a team I know will be bad for years in hopes of a successful rebuild; or maybe it's just that Renteria has them playing the game the right way and going hard every game.
    Lets see. I went to a local place to have dinner and I watched the Sox against the Dodgers. I listened to the Dodgers fans laugh their asses off about the "team" they were facing. The Sox, right now have three legitimate major league position players...... Abreau, Garcia, and Cabrera. The rest of this team is crap. That is six holes to fill. Enjoy your White Sox.

  29. #21
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetHomeChicago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Did you honestly prefer that or do you just bitch and whine because that's who you are?
    In another thread, I gave The Hawk two different interviews with Hahn where he talked about patience, and how they were going to be doing what they are currently doing. It doesn't matter. He is hopeless.

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gustavus Adolphus For This Useful Post:


  31. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,871

    Default

    I think Hahn has done a nice job retooling the roster for the future!! As for this last trade, All 3 for Rutherford? Sorry, spells monetary relief to me. JMO.

  32. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.



    Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •