Close
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 23 to 44 of 168
  1. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetHomeChicago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think anything that is happening right now is good for the organization?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Nope. They do not have a track record to developing other than pitching talent. Like I said many times, the only good position players that they had gotten is from Latin America signings. What is there to like about Reinny and his refusal to pay players that they need to win?

    Let me ask you this. What makes you think that Reinny gives a shit about White Sox fans? What makes you think that Reinny hires good people to run his clubs? Look at the Bulls for an illustration

    Look, I have been a White Sox fan for a long long time and have seen a lot of long time suffering. However, when 2005 occurred, I saw a perfect chance for the White Sox to if not take over the city's fandom then at least equalize it to a big degree. They could have but Reinny balked because he was greedy and short-sighted and blew his chance. The Cubs were shit and the Sox could have really a lot of the city with them. So.....I have been bitter ever since because it was there for the taking and the skin flint Reinny failed White Sox fans. He could have seen the next ten years with fans having fun and filling the stadium. Instead of that, he thought like the cheap bastard that he is and SETTLED for mediocrity.

  2. A message from our sponsors.


    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.


  3. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiDLer80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, this is a bad team right now, but somehow they're still enjoyable to watch. Maybe it's me forcing myself to support a team I know will be bad for years in hopes of a successful rebuild; or maybe it's just that Renteria has them playing the game the right way and going hard every game.

    I agree, did the same with the Cubs, despite the record. Now he should bench Anderson for a week as punishment for that half assed stroll to 1st on his double play bunt!! Never hurts to send the player a message, no matter how young he is.

  4. #25
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetHomeChicago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think anything that is happening right now is good for the organization?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope.
    You would be hard pressed to find any baseball expert alive right now that doesn't think Hahn is winning this season with what he has done. If you can't see that Kenny Williams was always trying to win that year, and now Rick Hahn is trying to win for the next 10 years, then nobody can help you.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gustavus Adolphus For This Useful Post:


  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,644

    Default

    First time I've felt like Hahn didn't maximize his return here. Rutherford is real nice. Rest is trash. Maybe Polo amounts to something but meh.

    Possible Hahn felt like he just needed to move these guys and get the piece he really wanted, Rutherford, other pieces be damned but yeah, kind of underwhelming.

    That said, first time Hahn hasn't received at least equal or better value back. So I won't bitch too much.

    Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In another thread, I gave The Hawk two different interviews with Hahn where he talked about patience, and how they were going to be doing what they are currently doing. It doesn't matter. He is hopeless.
    Sure you did and I don't dispute what he said. I also replied that what did you expect him to say? Did anyone really think that he would say that Reinny told him to get rid of players to cut payroll? Come-on Gus. Patience? Really?

    They right now have three legit major league players on their team and one is likely to go within the week. You think that this is just peachy? Good for you. I think that Reinny sucks as an owner. I watched two innings of the Dodgers manhandling the Sox. Pathetic and I hate it. The pitching staff which has been their mainstay for a long long time is depleted of any current major league talent. Pathetic. This is on Reinny, Gus, and a guy as smart as you should know it.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiDLer80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, this is a bad team right now, but somehow they're still enjoyable to watch. Maybe it's me forcing myself to support a team I know will be bad for years in hopes of a successful rebuild; or maybe it's just that Renteria has them playing the game the right way and going hard every game.
    Most promising thing for me is your last point. These guys go hard. Says to me that Renteria can get players to buy in. Which is huge. Despite all the losing, they don't quit and keep battling. YUGE.

    Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

  9. #29
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure you did and I don't dispute what he said. I also replied that what did you expect him to say? Did anyone really think that he would say that Reinny told him to get rid of players to cut payroll? Come-on Gus. Patience? Really?

    They right now have three legit major league players on their team and one is likely to go within the week. You think that this is just peachy? Good for you. I think that Reinny sucks as an owner. I watched two innings of the Dodgers manhandling the Sox. Pathetic and I hate it. The pitching staff which has been their mainstay for a long long time is depleted of any current major league talent. Pathetic. This is on Reinny, Gus, and a guy as smart as you should know it.
    Again, Jerry is 81 years old, how much time do you think he has left? Do you really think at the age of 81 he's interested in a rebuild? I don't. This is all about Rick Hahn convincing Jerry about a plan.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gustavus Adolphus For This Useful Post:


  11. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,644

    Default

    Hahn just stacked 10 top 100 prospects (actually 10 top 70) for the first time since they've started recording minor league prospect rankings like this.

    And that list doesn't include Burger, Basabe, Burdi (hopefully recovers from Tommy John), Dunning, Hansen, Sheets, etc.

    Plus whoever they pick top 3 (hopefully 1st or 2nd) in 2018and possibly a high pick in 2019 as well.

    He has arguably the #1 fielding, pitching and outfield prospect. Moncada, Kopech, Jimenez.

    I don't see how you can bitch or complain or be underwhelmed with what Hahn has done here unless you are just a miserable fuck.



    Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GSH_34 For This Useful Post:


  13. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You would be hard pressed to find any baseball expert alive right now that doesn't think Hahn is winning this season with what he has done. If you can't see that Kenny Williams was always trying to win that year, and now Rick Hahn is trying to win for the next 10 years, then nobody can help you.
    Then noone can help me, Gus. I don't care. What I do know is that the White Sox are the Worst team in the AL and have two legit major league players (assuming that Cabrera leaves soon). Lets see, Gus. that two legit major league players also includes.....guess what, THEIR FUCKING PITCHING STAFF. I am fucking amazed that someone actually cannot understand how BAD this roster is.

    I have asked several times before but no one has answered as to:

    1. What is the 2018 starting rotation for your Chicago White Sox?

    2 Who are the two set-up guys in the bull-pen?

    3. Who is the closer?

    4. What is your opening day line-up?

    Come-on all of you Reinny believers. All of this bullshit about how smart the Sox were to get all of these "prospects" is great. So after all of these great deals, how do you fill your line-up cards?

  14. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hyatt151 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, did the same with the Cubs, despite the record. Now he should bench Anderson for a week as punishment for that half assed stroll to 1st on his double play bunt!! Never hurts to send the player a message, no matter how young he is.
    Anderson is headed to be a bust. I hate his fundamentals at short-stop. He makes routine plays harder than they are because he is late to the ball.

  15. #33
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then noone can help me, Gus. I don't care. What I do know is that the White Sox are the Worst team in the AL and have two legit major league players (assuming that Cabrera leaves soon). Lets see, Gus. that two legit major league players also includes.....guess what, THEIR FUCKING PITCHING STAFF. I am fucking amazed that someone actually cannot understand how BAD this roster is.

    I have asked several times before but no one has answered as to:

    1. What is the 2018 starting rotation for your Chicago White Sox?

    2 Who are the two set-up guys in the bull-pen?

    3. Who is the closer?

    4. What is your opening day line-up?

    Come-on all of you Reinny believers. All of this bullshit about how smart the Sox were to get all of these "prospects" is great. So after all of these great deals, how do you fill your line-up cards?
    Nobody thinks they'll be competing in 2018. Stop looking short-term.

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gustavus Adolphus For This Useful Post:


  17. #34
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,535
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a stupid insult. I have an opinion that this isn't about anything other than Reinny's failure to put a contender onto the field and the evidence is clear that he doesn't spend the money. Even Brett's attempt to prove me wrong about the money he spends SHOWED CLEARLY that he is one of the cheapest owners in baseball. Period. What do you say to the White Sox having such a low pay-roll?
    Here's another chart to help you read better and show you how wrong you are on spending.
    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/extras/payrolls/
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to brett05 For This Useful Post:


  19. #35
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,535
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hyatt151 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Hahn has done a nice job retooling the roster for the future!! As for this last trade, All 3 for Rutherford? Sorry, spells monetary relief to me. JMO.
    If you think all they got was Rutehrford, I'd say you aren't seeing this properly.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  20. #36
    Senior Member Diehardfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western Burbs
    Posts
    5,216
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nobody thinks they'll be competing in 2018. Stop looking short-term.
    Some fans have become brainwashed by 15 years of Kenny Williams going "all in". Other than holding up the city of Chicago for a stadium, my main beef with Reinsdorf is Bulls related. Brett posted a link that shows that Reinsdorf has actually over spent the last 15 years when you consider his attendance. Top third in payroll, lower third in attendance.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diehardfan For This Useful Post:


  22. #37
    I have a Senior Member SweetHomeChicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Side Chicago
    Posts
    1,390
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then noone can help me, Gus. I don't care. What I do know is that the White Sox are the Worst team in the AL and have two legit major league players (assuming that Cabrera leaves soon). Lets see, Gus. that two legit major league players also includes.....guess what, THEIR FUCKING PITCHING STAFF. I am fucking amazed that someone actually cannot understand how BAD this roster is.

    I have asked several times before but no one has answered as to:

    1. What is the 2018 starting rotation for your Chicago White Sox?

    2 Who are the two set-up guys in the bull-pen?

    3. Who is the closer?

    4. What is your opening day line-up?

    Come-on all of you Reinny believers. All of this bullshit about how smart the Sox were to get all of these "prospects" is great. So after all of these great deals, how do you fill your line-up cards?
    Look at it as an investment. The team is finally looking to the future. Kenny did what he did. He wanted to prolong the rebuild as long as possible. That was his tactic. I think that he started to realize his way was not working and let Hahn have at it. Now the future is bright.

    Are you not ok with sacrificing '18 and likely '19 for a chance to be good for 5-7 years after that? Building a farm gives you consistency which the team has lacked for years.

    Even your hero Hawk loves what Hahn is doing. Is he wrong to?
    "QBs are overpaid, overrated, pompous bastards and must be punished."

    -The late great Buddy Ryan. 1934-2016 R.I.P.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to SweetHomeChicago For This Useful Post:


  24. #38
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I mean look, I know/understand not all rebuilds alike, but I think about what Theo said in regards to the Cubs: "The more we get into the playoffs, the more chances we have to win a World Series" (paraphrased).

    This is what I see the Sox trying to do. If you can't buy into that, then I don't know what to tell you.

  25. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetHomeChicago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look at it as an investment. The team is finally looking to the future. Kenny did what he did. He wanted to prolong the rebuild as long as possible. That was his tactic. I think that he started to realize his way was not working and let Hahn have at it. Now the future is bright.

    Are you not ok with sacrificing '18 and likely '19 for a chance to be good for 5-7 years after that? Building a farm gives you consistency which the team has lacked for years.

    Even your hero Hawk loves what Hahn is doing. Is he wrong to?
    Yes he is.

  26. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nobody thinks they'll be competing in 2018. Stop looking short-term.
    Okay, Gus. So name your 2019 opening line-up, starting five, set-up guys and closer. What do you think their record will be in 2019? As for 2018, I predict that they will not win 70 games.

  27. #41
    Senior Member dennehy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Jewels to get a case of Squirt
    Posts
    771
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, Gus. So name your 2019 opening line-up, starting five, set-up guys and closer. What do you think their record will be in 2019? As for 2018, I predict that they will not win 70 games.
    They won't win 70 n 18 possibly not in 19 and that will be fine with almost all Sox fans. 2020 is the year to look for real results. If they are still bad in 2021, then I will begin to question this rebuild. Until then, this is the best thing to happen to the Sox in years.

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dennehy For This Useful Post:


  29. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennehy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They won't win 70 n 18 possibly not in 19 and that will be fine with almost all Sox fans. 2020 is the year to look for real results. If they are still bad in 2021, then I will begin to question this rebuild. Until then, this is the best thing to happen to the Sox in years.
    Do you see people going to the ball park to watch a bunch of minor league talent play? Hell, I have a Dodgers high A team a few miles from me and can do the same thing. I watched Bellenger and Seagar rip the cover off of the baseball. I would not pay Reinny's prices to watch a ball game and I can certainly afford his prices. But not when he puts a shit product on the field. It doesn't make sense to pay good money for a shit product.

    I don't know if there are any minor league teams in the Chicago area but I really recommend going to watch these kids play versus paying big time money to watch a lot of highly paid and sometimes lazy millionaires go through the motions.

  30. #43
    First time, long time. RiDLer80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Suburbs
    Posts
    1,148
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Why are you so angry?
    WestEndZone.com

  31. #44
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you see people going to the ball park to watch a bunch of minor league talent play? Hell, I have a Dodgers high A team a few miles from me and can do the same thing. I watched Bellenger and Seagar rip the cover off of the baseball. I would not pay Reinny's prices to watch a ball game and I can certainly afford his prices. But not when he puts a shit product on the field. It doesn't make sense to pay good money for a shit product.

    I don't know if there are any minor league teams in the Chicago area but I really recommend going to watch these kids play versus paying big time money to watch a lot of highly paid and sometimes lazy millionaires go through the motions.
    Daily tickets for most Sox games start at $10.

  32. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.



    Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gustavus Adolphus For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •