Close
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 45 to 66 of 168
  1. #45
    Senior Member dennehy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Jewels to get a case of Squirt
    Posts
    759
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you see people going to the ball park to watch a bunch of minor league talent play? Hell, I have a Dodgers high A team a few miles from me and can do the same thing. I watched Bellenger and Seagar rip the cover off of the baseball. I would not pay Reinny's prices to watch a ball game and I can certainly afford his prices. But not when he puts a shit product on the field. It doesn't make sense to pay good money for a shit product.

    I don't know if there are any minor league teams in the Chicago area but I really recommend going to watch these kids play versus paying big time money to watch a lot of highly paid and sometimes lazy millionaires go through the motions.
    If by good money you mean about $7 for a bad seat where you can get up an go somewhere better in the third inning, it's not that big of a deal. And your post has nothing to do with what I said anyway. Everyone knows they'll be bad next year, and yet still everyone thinks they've chosen the correct course, except you.

  2. A message from our sponsors.


    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.


  3. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennehy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If by good money you mean about $7 for a bad seat where you can get up an go somewhere better in the third inning, it's not that big of a deal. And your post has nothing to do with what I said anyway. Everyone knows they'll be bad next year, and yet still everyone thinks they've chosen the correct course, except you.
    Everyone? You mean the 6 or so posters on this board? Forgive me if I do not worry that a few people think that Reinny is a good owner and that the White Sox are going to come out of this housecleaning with a pennant chasing team. It is mostly a salary dump ordered by a skin-flint owner Did they get quite a few good prospects? Yep. Hahn is a good soldier and a good GM so he did what he was ordered to do.

    But this team for the next 3-4 years is going to be one of the bottom feeders in major league baseball. Enjoy that if you will.

  4. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennehy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They won't win 70 n 18 possibly not in 19 and that will be fine with almost all Sox fans. 2020 is the year to look for real results. If they are still bad in 2021, then I will begin to question this rebuild. Until then, this is the best thing to happen to the Sox in years.
    I was kind of wondering where I heard the same kind of reasoning. Oh yeah, it was the McCaskey mantra when they named Pace and Fox to take over their team. Lets see, that team is in year three of the "rebuild" coming off of a 3-13 record and still most of their fan base is just peachy with that "rebuild". I guess it is just a Chicago thing to accept bullshit for progress. That team doesn't spend money either beyond what they are forced to pay by rule. Unfortunately for the Sox, though, they do not have the luck to have an irrational fan base that will support their pathetic management bozos come hell of high water like Bears and Cubs fans do.

  5. #48
    Senior Member Diehardfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western Burbs
    Posts
    5,214
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    FYI....attendance has been up since the All-Star break.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diehardfan For This Useful Post:


  7. #49
    Senior Member Rustysurf83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    874
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diehardfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FYI....attendance has been up since the All-Star break.
    Get out of here with your facts! Fans don't want to watch MLBs #1 prospect...

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rustysurf83 For This Useful Post:


  9. #50
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,485
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Daily tickets for most Sox games start at $10.
    Even less like $3 when they do their month season packages
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  10. #51
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I'm assuming just regular walk-up tickets.

  11. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diehardfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FYI....attendance has been up since the All-Star break.
    Are the White Sox even going to win another game by the end of this season? Got to be depressing for the couple of guys who are left on the team that are legitimate major league players. It is amazing at how bad this team is.

  12. #53
    Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Club
    Posts
    3,085
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are the White Sox even going to win another game by the end of this season? Got to be depressing for the couple of guys who are left on the team that are legitimate major league players. It is amazing at how bad this team is.
    Man, you really are a meatball.

  13. #54
    The World is Yours TonyMontana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,295
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rustysurf83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get out of here with your facts! Fans don't want to watch MLBs #1 prospect...
    He's a Trumptard . Facts don't matter to him.
    I ain't never fucked over anybody in my life who didn't have it coming to them.

  14. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playthrough2001 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, you really are a meatball.
    Funny stuff. I guess you think players don't care that they are on one of the worst teams in any sport? Think Abreau is happy? Think Garcia is happy? Right now their agents are in their ears about trying to force a trade to somewhere where they can compete and make big bank. That is not going to happen with Reinny's White Sox.

  15. #56
    Senior Member Diehardfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western Burbs
    Posts
    5,214
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everyone? You mean the 6 or so posters on this board? Forgive me if I do not worry that a few people think that Reinny is a good owner and that the White Sox are going to come out of this housecleaning with a pennant chasing team. It is mostly a salary dump ordered by a skin-flint owner Did they get quite a few good prospects? Yep. Hahn is a good soldier and a good GM so he did what he was ordered to do.

    But this team for the next 3-4 years is going to be one of the bottom feeders in major league baseball. Enjoy that if you will.

    Not cracking wise here....just looking for am honest answer. Unless you're just a casual fan, which I'm not seeing.....what is the difference being a .500 team that's going nowhere or one of the worst teams that's starting over from the bottom up?

    Where they are right now is because of the yearly damage done by trying to trade or buy a championship a la Kenny Williams style. Eventually, that catches up to you...that's just the way of pro sports. Hell, we saw it with the Cubs for years and the Bears are still trying to dig out from the Angelo/Emery years of clusterfucking. The old formula saying you have to either very good or very bad and you need to be very bad before you're very good....it's still legit. The one thing you don't want is yearly mediocrity....which is exactly were the Sox have been since 2005.

  16. #57
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,485
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diehardfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The old formula saying you have to either very good or very bad and you need to be very bad before you're very good....it's still legit. The one thing you don't want is yearly mediocrity....which is exactly were the Sox have been since 2005.
    Bad yes, but you exaggerate.
    90 wins in 06
    Playoffs 08
    88 wins 2010
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  17. #58
    Senior Member Diehardfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western Burbs
    Posts
    5,214
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bad yes, but you exaggerate.
    90 wins in 06
    Playoffs 08
    88 wins 2010
    Yeah, well regular season wins don't add up to a pile of beans if you don't make the playoffs....it would've been better to win 60 if you're watching post season games on TV with 90 and 88. One playoff appearance (got booted in Round 1, I believe) in 11 years = mediocre.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Diehardfan For This Useful Post:


  19. #59
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,485
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diehardfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, well regular season wins don't add up to a pile of beans if you don't make the playoffs....it would've been better to win 60 if you're watching post season games on TV with 90 and 88. One playoff appearance (got booted in Round 1, I believe) in 11 years = mediocre.
    Again, bad team, but that stretch for 6 years was better than mediocre.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  20. #60
    Senior Member Diehardfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western Burbs
    Posts
    5,214
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again, bad team, but that stretch for 6 years was better than mediocre.
    Ok, I guess it's open to interpretation. If playing .500 is avg, I guess they were over avg at .511. But really, where the hell does that get you?

    Maybe one playoff series in an 11 year span?

    Sounds mediocre to me....

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Diehardfan For This Useful Post:


  22. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diehardfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not cracking wise here....just looking for am honest answer. Unless you're just a casual fan, which I'm not seeing.....what is the difference being a .500 team that's going nowhere or one of the worst teams that's starting over from the bottom up?

    Where they are right now is because of the yearly damage done by trying to trade or buy a championship a la Kenny Williams style. Eventually, that catches up to you...that's just the way of pro sports. Hell, we saw it with the Cubs for years and the Bears are still trying to dig out from the Angelo/Emery years of clusterfucking. The old formula saying you have to either very good or very bad and you need to be very bad before you're very good....it's still legit. The one thing you don't want is yearly mediocrity....which is exactly were the Sox have been since 2005.
    Nope. They have not been "mediocre" since 2005. They had some pretty good teams isnce 2005. I just do not believe in a lot of your opinions about how tanking seasons is a good "plan". Particularly when the owner of the team is a multi-billionaire. There is no reason why the White Sox did not win at least one more world championship and had gotten into the play-offs regularly since 2005 other than Reinny being a cheap ass-hole. I think that you guys just feed into his bullshit story-line about why they are doing what they are doing.

    Hey, that is okay. IF you are okay with a team owner not spending the needed money to bring a winning team to Chicago, then so be it. I refuse to back a cheap-assed owner. That is just me. I do not really give a shit about some kid in single A ball who goes 3-4 in a ball game and will not follow some 2A team's players. IF you do, then more power to you. The reason why I do not is that I have had a lot of personal experience with coaching these guys in high school and JC and have watched most of them fail in the professional ranks. That is just me. I'm not saying that you are wrong in what you think is important. Rather it just isn't important to me is all. Good luck.

  23. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diehardfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FYI....attendance has been up since the All-Star break.
    Yeah. I noted all of the Cub fans in attendance at Sox park. Reinny must have been really happy to see them, huh? WHat a joke he is as an owner.

  24. #63
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Just for the sake of clarity: http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm#2005payroll

    The idea that Reinsdorf has been cheap with the White Sox is just plain wrong.

  25. #64
    You Can Call Me Al
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,520
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah. I noted all of the Cub fans in attendance at Sox park. Reinny must have been really happy to see them, huh? WHat a joke he is as an owner.
    Through yesterday, the Sox have averaged better attendance, with a worse team: https://www.baseball-reference.com/l...all_attendance

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Gustavus Adolphus For This Useful Post:


  27. #65
    Senior Member dennehy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Jewels to get a case of Squirt
    Posts
    759
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Through yesterday, the Sox have averaged better attendance, with a worse team: https://www.baseball-reference.com/l...all_attendance
    You can write that a million times and he's not going to listen.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to dennehy For This Useful Post:


  29. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Through yesterday, the Sox have averaged better attendance, with a worse team: https://www.baseball-reference.com/l...all_attendance
    Do you actually think that they are going to draw with this shit team on the field? A shit team guaranteed for the next 2-3 years? No, sir, this team is going to finish last in the AL for the rest of this decade and will be a laughing stock in baseball. Vegas should be ready for Reinny by then.

  30. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.



    Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •