Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Doubt it. Most Sox fans hate Reinsdorf. It is hard to put a team on the field this bad but he did it. It is hard to give away top echelon pitchers in a pitching starved league but he did it. Cy Young shoe-in Sales. Q pitching for the hated cubs. This is the Movie Major League all over again but in Chicago not Cleveland. All they need is the cardboard cut-out of fat Reinny in the locker-room. WOnder if they win 10 games before the end of the season?

I work on the South Side. I don't think one Sox fan at work hates what the Sox are doing. Not one. And give away pitchers? Have you seen the return they got for Q & Sale? Not to mention how they completely raped the Nationals for Adam freaking Eaton? C'mon dude.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Once again, if they are not making the playoffs....who cares? The big picture says finishing in the bottom three gives you a shot at drafting a kid like this....

[video=youtube;zXf493kQyzw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXf493kQyzw[/video]

Exactly. Not only are they taking top prospects and already have the clear best farm system in the majors, they have a chance to build on that even more the next two seasons by drafting near the top. Let's see if they continue to go the Cubs route and sign guys they intend on flipping later for more prospects.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I work on the South Side. I don't think one Sox fan at work hates what the Sox are doing. Not one. And give away pitchers? Have you seen the return they got for Q & Sale? Not to mention how they completely raped the Nationals for Adam freaking Eaton? C'mon dude.
It's not that he hates what the Sox are doing, because I'm not sure he's even acknowledged what they are doing. He thinks this is purely Reinsdorf being cheap. I honestly don't think he understands what is going on.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not that he hates what the Sox are doing, because I'm not sure he's even acknowledged what they are doing. He thinks this is purely Reinsdorf being cheap. I honestly don't think he understands what is going on.

Spare me, Gus. Has Reinny not chiseled the pay-roll down to where it is one of the lowest in all of baseball? Has Reinny ever spent money among the leaders in all of baseball? Has Reinny ever not complained about the lack of fan loyalty?

Those are facts, Gus. He is cheap and is now trying to duplicate what the Cubs did. Problem is that Sox fans will not fill up his ball park with fannies in his seats like the Cubs have. Go ahead and watch some 2A and 3A "prospects" masquerade as major league players. They will have the uniforms of major league players but if and when they actually produce, Reinny will trade them away. Abreau is as good as gone and Garcia shortly afterward.

By the way, I asked for what people think that the Sox 2018 line-up and pitching staff will look like and still no reply. It hurts, doesn't it, to put names down on paper but that is what real teams have to do. When you put down on paper, that line-up and staff, you will know how BAD this team is going to be and will be for years to come. Get ready for the Reinny threat to move the team because of lack of "fan" support. It is coming, Gus. I am not happy about it, but it is coming.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

4-17 thus far in July. Now, that is a record to be ashamed of. How many of those guys that they gt for Sale and Q are going to end up in the major league, let alone be good major league players?

All Right:) 5-17 now for July. Funny stuff:(

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
4-17 thus far in July.

Honestly, it's people like you that have ruined this country. Also looking for immediate success and sacrificing long term prosperity, instead of looking at how the big picture can become a masterpiece.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, it's people like you that have ruined this country. Also looking for immediate success and sacrificing long term prosperity, instead of looking at how the big picture can become a masterpiece.

That really is an amazing reply. This is akin to eating dogfood and fooling yourself by calling it steak, is what is wrong with the country. People need to demand that their leaders deliver what they promise. I am not gong to turn this into a political thread but a 4-18 record in July is atrocious. And EXPECTING that a collection of high draft picks is going to materialize into a pennant winning team is fantasy thinking.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Year after year of cheesy trades, signing past their prime "star" players and vacating their farm system into near extinction in a silly attempt to be a yearly WS contender. 11 straight years of it. 11 straight failures.

Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

That should be engraved on Kenny Williams gravestone....

Rick Hahn is a breath of fresh air.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The WhiteSox have acquired RHP A.J. Puckett & LHP Andre Davis from the Royals in exchange for Melky Cabrera & cash considerations.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see many angry fans on the Sox page in FB

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So I hate doing this because it's anecdotal, and I don't want to speak for any other Sox fan in this thread, but I know more Sox fans who are happy about what they are doing than not.

You can speak for me with this. My "Sox Family" all are enjoying this rebuild.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The WhiteSox have acquired RHP A.J. Puckett & LHP Andre Davis from the Royals in exchange for Melky Cabrera & cash considerations.

It's a great trade for the White Sox and I'd not be shocked at all that Melky is back next season.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
1b Abreu
2b Moncada
SS Anderson
3b Davidson
CF Tilson/Engel
RF Avi
LF Garcia/Hanson/Garcia
C Narvaez/Smith

SP Rodon
SP Shields
SP Lopez

That's the rough outline of what we have. Could a Kopech, Giolito, Fulmer slip in there? Sure could at some point next year. No one not named "The Hawk" is asking for anything but development and doing things the right way on the diamond. They have the manager to do that. Now let him gradually get the talent to come up and Ricky just might be the guy with the last laugh.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1b Abreu
2b Moncada
SS Anderson
3b Davidson
CF Tilson/Engel
RF Avi
LF Garcia/Hanson/Garcia
C Narvaez/Smith

SP Rodon
SP Shields
SP Lopez

That's the rough outline of what we have. Could a Kopech, Giolito, Fulmer slip in there? Sure could at some point next year. No one not named "The Hawk" is asking for anything but development and doing things the right way on the diamond. They have the manager to do that. Now let him gradually get the talent to come up and Ricky just might be the guy with the last laugh.

That is an awful outfield and catching group and a very weak pitching projectiion.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's a great trade for the White Sox and I'd not be shocked at all that Melky is back next season.

Hilarious. Reinny doesn't want to pay anywhere near what he is worth. Also, they could have receiver two bat boys in return and you'd call it a "Great trade".

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's secretly Bruce Banner.

Uh huh. Better give up a hug and kiss for Brett, quick. He's coming unglued again. Poor baby:(

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Ares,
I don't know why, but The Hawk has a fetish of grown men kissing and hugging each other. Just wanted to give you the warning.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ares,
I don't know why, but The Hawk has a fetish of grown men kissing and hugging each other. Just wanted to give you the warning.

He watches too much Game of Thrones....