The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Here's a fun fact for you to ponder:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-sox-cell-funding-isfa-met-20160521-story.html

In case anyone (THE HAWK) is wondering what the bold says, it says the Sox are better off financially with low attendance.

To review:

You think an 81 year old owner, that has to get approval from the MLB to move, despite the fact that it has happened only twice in 45 years, despite the fact that they would not have an MLB ready stadium for at least two years, who would still have to get approval from Vegas to move there, who by the way recommends his family sells the team after he dies, who just signed a new 13 year deal with a corporate sponsor, and who gets tax breaks for having low attendance, is going to relocate the team based on what saves him money???

Wow. You've probably never been more wrong on something than anything else.

Reinsdorf stole The Hawk's alma matter's (read:High School like Marist) magnet off the back of his car.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Hilarious. Terrible attendance in 2017 and will be worse in 2018. Guaranteed:(

It's actually not funny at all. You've been wrong this entire time. Sadness is the term you are looking for.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The baseball world has sure been generous in defending the actions of white sox. Having the #1 prospect pool and a pretty clear core looking group set up for about 2019/2020 where a clear commitment to a picture can be demonstrated by finishing the ground up job. I think we can't expect to ever have caliber of starters at #1 and #2 as Sale/Quintanna and its a shame a window of that caliber was squandered.

I wonder if they would admit they might not do it if they knew the central was this winnable. But its done. Anytime you are trying to measure "Sale vs player" you lost. But they White Sox have done a good job of adding multiple building block potential players and if even a couple develop in addition to Anderson/Abreu/Garcia/Robinson turning into some veteran seasoning at the right time.

Its hope deferred a couple years. Whatever. I wouldn't get too excited about it just yet either. The outfield looks like its going to be real solid. Sandino is a gamer. I like watching that guy play baseball.

But if you can't put together, or won't pay for a baseball game that can win behind fucking Chris Sale, you know...how high is my faith supposed to be in your competence or pocket depth? Are these unfair or uncalled for questions?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rask,
Where was the fan base when we had them? That answers your question right there.

Also what exactly did the Sox ever accomplish with them in the rotation....if you can't win with them, you have to figure a way to win without them.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Reinny is setting things up for his team to move. That is the only thing that makes sense. Drive pay-roll down to a nub. Build a farm system. There will be team in Vegas in three years and they are going to be a front runner for it. He has no loyalty in Chicago. The CUbs winning the World Series cinched that.

Ever since this discussion started regarding the dumping of major league talent, eliminating pay-roll, and bring prospects in, I have started to read quite a few articles which talk about the Sox moving. I think that the last straw for Reinny was probably the Cubs winning the World Series because I think that Reinny could always count on the argument hey, we might be shitty but the Cubs haven't won in a century.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You should be happy if they move to Vegas, they would be closer to where you live

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not a question of IF they are outdrawing the A's and Ray's. They are, currently, outdrawing both of those teams. That is a fact. It is also a fact that, as it stands, this is the highest attendance the team has had since 2012. These are facts that you are no able to dispute.

IF they are outdrawing this year, it isn't by much. They are at the bottom dregs of the AL in attendance. THAT IS A FACT YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO DISPUTE.

Again, as I've stated before: Reinsdorf is 81 years old. To build a stadium that is up to MLB standards would take at least two years. To receive funding for that stadium to even begin might take a year. This is to say nothing of the fact that MLB would have to allow for the team to move. At 81 years old, do you really think he's looking for a minimum of two years to get something like that done? Do you really?

Yeah, I do. Baseball wants a team in Vegas and not an expansion team. I think that Reinny has been thinking about this ever since the Cubs won the Series. Reinny is not a Chicago loyalist. He threatened to move before. He also has a kid that he would want to set up and the set-up for the kid would be Vegas. They could work out a deal in Arizona to play games there until the new stadium is ready and Vegas already has a good 3A stadium there so there could be a sharing deal worked out.

Besides that, the last team in the MLB to move was Montreal to Washington in 2005. Before that, it was the Senators moving from DC to Arlington. In 1972.

Beyond even that, you've given absolutely no indication that this could/would actually happen. Do you have any proof, or anything that indicates Jerry wants to move the team to Vegas?

Have you been following the two teams that are moving to Vegas. Baseball will be going there. 100% certainty.

Nobody has ever suggested, once, that Reinsdorf is some model owner. I will suggest, however, that your blind hatred of Reinsdorf is not allowing you to see what is actually going on with the White Sox.

It is not blind hatred. it is pure hatred. I hate Reinsdorf because I am a smart person and hate when a team owner rakes in money and doesn't put a good product on the field. Reinny is a shit owner who has wrecked both the White Sox and the Bulls who are right now the dregs in their respective sports. I hate Reinny because of what he did to Thibs, for example. He is a cunt.

Again, nobody has suggested that attendance this year has been great. What has been suggested is that it is higher at this point than it was last year, and has been the highest since 2012. How you seem to not understand this undisputed fact is beyond me.

They average among the worst attendance figures in all of baseball. How you see to not understand this UNDISPUTED FACT is beyond me. If you want to get a woody because they may be ahead of the Rays and A's is fine for you. And in 2018, the Sox attendance will be terrible, I predict. They are the weakest line-up and pitching staff in all of baseball by their plan.

IF you want to support this "plan" go for it. I hate Reinny. I hate their "plan". They are the worst organization in all of sports.

Again, if you can provide any shred of evidence that he is planning on moving the team at 81 years old, please provide such evidence.

Read the articles about potential teams to move and get back to me.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Reinsdorf stole The Hawk's alma matter's (read:High School like Marist) magnet off the back of his car.

Reinsdorf is an asshole. And what is an "alma matter"?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's actually not funny at all. You've been wrong this entire time. Sadness is the term you are looking for.

You are the one that is wrong, fan boy. Enjoy the worst team in baseball next year. Fill those seats rooting for the equivalent of a 2A club. Don't dare to expect to win even 60 games next season. Rah, rah, sis boom bah:(

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also what exactly did the Sox ever accomplish with them in the rotation....if you can't win with them, you have to figure a way to win without them.

Funny shit. Ever hear of spending some money to bring in a some key major league pieces as in a catcher, a CF, a 2nd baseman, and a left handed hitting DH? This was a division that was totally winnable and Reinny didn't give them a chance to win it. They had one of the better pitching staffs in baseball and they shit it away. Their four best pitchers were given away and they know have a terrible starting rotation and relief cadre. Its really fucked up. Fuck Reinny.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You should be happy if they move to Vegas, they would be closer to where you live

IF REinny owns that team, I will never go to see them. Fuck Reinny.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You are the one that is wrong, fan boy. Enjoy the worst team in baseball next year. Fill those seats rooting for the equivalent of a 2A club. Don't dare to expect to win even 60 games next season. Rah, rah, sis boom bah:(

You so undervalue the team in terms of pitching and defense. I'll say it right now, they ain't losing 100 games next season sans injuries.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Ever hear of spending some money to bring in a some key major league pieces as in a catcher, a CF, a 2nd baseman, and a left handed hitting DH?

OK, go ahead. Even with hindsight, go ahead and go back to the offseason and make your moves. You keep harping on this but we've seen nothing. We will all keep breathing while we await your wisdom.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I did read that article, it was all speculation.

Not all of it is speculation. The speculation is what team will be moved. The fact that a team will be moved is pretty factual.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Hilarious was your opinion. It was not directed at the Sox shitty attendance. The sadness is Reinny's terrible ownership of the team.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You so undervalue the team in terms of pitching and defense. I'll say it right now, they ain't losing 100 games next season sans injuries.

Sans injury? They will have two major league proven players on the team next year. And that is IF they don't also trade them. Terrible catching, terrible center fielder, terrible short-stop, a rookie in left field. A pitching staff in which Rodon is the "ace" and not a soul in the bull-pen who can be counted on. That is reality. That is the reality of a really bad team.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The baseball world has sure been generous in defending the actions of white sox. Having the #1 prospect pool and a pretty clear core looking group set up for about 2019/2020 where a clear commitment to a picture can be demonstrated by finishing the ground up job. I think we can't expect to ever have caliber of starters at #1 and #2 as Sale/Quintanna and its a shame a window of that caliber was squandered.

I wonder if they would admit they might not do it if they knew the central was this winnable. But its done. Anytime you are trying to measure "Sale vs player" you lost. But they White Sox have done a good job of adding multiple building block potential players and if even a couple develop in addition to Anderson/Abreu/Garcia/Robinson turning into some veteran seasoning at the right time.

Its hope deferred a couple years. Whatever. I wouldn't get too excited about it just yet either. The outfield looks like its going to be real solid. Sandino is a gamer. I like watching that guy play baseball.

But if you can't put together, or won't pay for a baseball game that can win behind fucking Chris Sale, you know...how high is my faith supposed to be in your competence or pocket depth? Are these unfair or uncalled for questions?

My biggest problem was how they had one of the better pitching staffs in all of baseball and now look at it, one of the worst in all of baseball. A smart team BUILDS around a great pitching staff. It doesn't tear it apart like they did. THe worst mistake was their failure to bring in a good catcher and center fielder. Add a left handed hitting DH to protect Abreau and they would take their weak division.