Report: White Sox to send Robertson, Frazier, Kahnle to Yankees

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Okay, Gus. So name your 2019 opening line-up, starting five, set-up guys and closer. What do you think their record will be in 2019? As for 2018, I predict that they will not win 70 games.

They won't win 70 n 18 possibly not in 19 and that will be fine with almost all Sox fans. 2020 is the year to look for real results. If they are still bad in 2021, then I will begin to question this rebuild. Until then, this is the best thing to happen to the Sox in years.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They won't win 70 n 18 possibly not in 19 and that will be fine with almost all Sox fans. 2020 is the year to look for real results. If they are still bad in 2021, then I will begin to question this rebuild. Until then, this is the best thing to happen to the Sox in years.

Do you see people going to the ball park to watch a bunch of minor league talent play? Hell, I have a Dodgers high A team a few miles from me and can do the same thing. I watched Bellenger and Seagar rip the cover off of the baseball. I would not pay Reinny's prices to watch a ball game and I can certainly afford his prices. But not when he puts a shit product on the field. It doesn't make sense to pay good money for a shit product.

I don't know if there are any minor league teams in the Chicago area but I really recommend going to watch these kids play versus paying big time money to watch a lot of highly paid and sometimes lazy millionaires go through the motions.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Why are you so angry?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Do you see people going to the ball park to watch a bunch of minor league talent play? Hell, I have a Dodgers high A team a few miles from me and can do the same thing. I watched Bellenger and Seagar rip the cover off of the baseball. I would not pay Reinny's prices to watch a ball game and I can certainly afford his prices. But not when he puts a shit product on the field. It doesn't make sense to pay good money for a shit product.

I don't know if there are any minor league teams in the Chicago area but I really recommend going to watch these kids play versus paying big time money to watch a lot of highly paid and sometimes lazy millionaires go through the motions.

Daily tickets for most Sox games start at $10.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

If by good money you mean about $7 for a bad seat where you can get up an go somewhere better in the third inning, it's not that big of a deal. And your post has nothing to do with what I said anyway. Everyone knows they'll be bad next year, and yet still everyone thinks they've chosen the correct course, except you.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If by good money you mean about $7 for a bad seat where you can get up an go somewhere better in the third inning, it's not that big of a deal. And your post has nothing to do with what I said anyway. Everyone knows they'll be bad next year, and yet still everyone thinks they've chosen the correct course, except you.

Everyone? You mean the 6 or so posters on this board? Forgive me if I do not worry that a few people think that Reinny is a good owner and that the White Sox are going to come out of this housecleaning with a pennant chasing team. It is mostly a salary dump ordered by a skin-flint owner Did they get quite a few good prospects? Yep. Hahn is a good soldier and a good GM so he did what he was ordered to do.

But this team for the next 3-4 years is going to be one of the bottom feeders in major league baseball. Enjoy that if you will.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I was kind of wondering where I heard the same kind of reasoning. Oh yeah, it was the McCaskey mantra when they named Pace and Fox to take over their team. Lets see, that team is in year three of the "rebuild" coming off of a 3-13 record and still most of their fan base is just peachy with that "rebuild". I guess it is just a Chicago thing to accept bullshit for progress. That team doesn't spend money either beyond what they are forced to pay by rule. Unfortunately for the Sox, though, they do not have the luck to have an irrational fan base that will support their pathetic management bozos come hell of high water like Bears and Cubs fans do.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm assuming just regular walk-up tickets.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
FYI....attendance has been up since the All-Star break.

Are the White Sox even going to win another game by the end of this season? Got to be depressing for the couple of guys who are left on the team that are legitimate major league players. It is amazing at how bad this team is.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Are the White Sox even going to win another game by the end of this season? Got to be depressing for the couple of guys who are left on the team that are legitimate major league players. It is amazing at how bad this team is.

Man, you really are a meatball.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Get out of here with your facts! Fans don't want to watch MLBs #1 prospect...

He's a Trumptard
potato.png
pesto-meatball-close.jpg
. Facts don't matter to him.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Man, you really are a meatball.

Funny stuff. I guess you think players don't care that they are on one of the worst teams in any sport? Think Abreau is happy? Think Garcia is happy? Right now their agents are in their ears about trying to force a trade to somewhere where they can compete and make big bank. That is not going to happen with Reinny's White Sox.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everyone? You mean the 6 or so posters on this board? Forgive me if I do not worry that a few people think that Reinny is a good owner and that the White Sox are going to come out of this housecleaning with a pennant chasing team. It is mostly a salary dump ordered by a skin-flint owner Did they get quite a few good prospects? Yep. Hahn is a good soldier and a good GM so he did what he was ordered to do.

But this team for the next 3-4 years is going to be one of the bottom feeders in major league baseball. Enjoy that if you will.

Not cracking wise here....just looking for am honest answer. Unless you're just a casual fan, which I'm not seeing.....what is the difference being a .500 team that's going nowhere or one of the worst teams that's starting over from the bottom up?

Where they are right now is because of the yearly damage done by trying to trade or buy a championship a la Kenny Williams style. Eventually, that catches up to you...that's just the way of pro sports. Hell, we saw it with the Cubs for years and the Bears are still trying to dig out from the Angelo/Emery years of clusterfucking. The old formula saying you have to either very good or very bad and you need to be very bad before you're very good....it's still legit. The one thing you don't want is yearly mediocrity....which is exactly were the Sox have been since 2005.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The old formula saying you have to either very good or very bad and you need to be very bad before you're very good....it's still legit. The one thing you don't want is yearly mediocrity....which is exactly were the Sox have been since 2005.

Bad yes, but you exaggerate.
90 wins in 06
Playoffs 08
88 wins 2010

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bad yes, but you exaggerate.
90 wins in 06
Playoffs 08
88 wins 2010

Yeah, well regular season wins don't add up to a pile of beans if you don't make the playoffs....it would've been better to win 60 if you're watching post season games on TV with 90 and 88. One playoff appearance (got booted in Round 1, I believe) in 11 years = mediocre.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yeah, well regular season wins don't add up to a pile of beans if you don't make the playoffs....it would've been better to win 60 if you're watching post season games on TV with 90 and 88. One playoff appearance (got booted in Round 1, I believe) in 11 years = mediocre.

Again, bad team, but that stretch for 6 years was better than mediocre.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Again, bad team, but that stretch for 6 years was better than mediocre.

Ok, I guess it's open to interpretation. If playing .500 is avg, I guess they were over avg at .511. But really, where the hell does that get you?

Maybe one playoff series in an 11 year span?

Sounds mediocre to me....=)