CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Did you honestly prefer that or do you just bitch and whine because that's who you are?
In another thread, I gave The Hawk two different interviews with Hahn where he talked about patience, and how they were going to be doing what they are currently doing. It doesn't matter. He is hopeless.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Hahn has done a nice job retooling the roster for the future!! As for this last trade, All 3 for Rutherford? Sorry, spells monetary relief to me. JMO.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you think anything that is happening right now is good for the organization?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nope. They do not have a track record to developing other than pitching talent. Like I said many times, the only good position players that they had gotten is from Latin America signings. What is there to like about Reinny and his refusal to pay players that they need to win?

Let me ask you this. What makes you think that Reinny gives a shit about White Sox fans? What makes you think that Reinny hires good people to run his clubs? Look at the Bulls for an illustration:(

Look, I have been a White Sox fan for a long long time and have seen a lot of long time suffering. However, when 2005 occurred, I saw a perfect chance for the White Sox to if not take over the city's fandom then at least equalize it to a big degree. They could have but Reinny balked because he was greedy and short-sighted and blew his chance. The Cubs were shit and the Sox could have really a lot of the city with them. So.....I have been bitter ever since because it was there for the taking and the skin flint Reinny failed White Sox fans. He could have seen the next ten years with fans having fun and filling the stadium. Instead of that, he thought like the cheap bastard that he is and SETTLED for mediocrity.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, this is a bad team right now, but somehow they're still enjoyable to watch. Maybe it's me forcing myself to support a team I know will be bad for years in hopes of a successful rebuild; or maybe it's just that Renteria has them playing the game the right way and going hard every game.

I agree, did the same with the Cubs, despite the record. Now he should bench Anderson for a week as punishment for that half assed stroll to 1st on his double play bunt!! Never hurts to send the player a message, no matter how young he is.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Do you think anything that is happening right now is good for the organization?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You would be hard pressed to find any baseball expert alive right now that doesn't think Hahn is winning this season with what he has done. If you can't see that Kenny Williams was always trying to win that year, and now Rick Hahn is trying to win for the next 10 years, then nobody can help you.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
First time I've felt like Hahn didn't maximize his return here. Rutherford is real nice. Rest is trash. Maybe Polo amounts to something but meh.

Possible Hahn felt like he just needed to move these guys and get the piece he really wanted, Rutherford, other pieces be damned but yeah, kind of underwhelming.

That said, first time Hahn hasn't received at least equal or better value back. So I won't bitch too much.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In another thread, I gave The Hawk two different interviews with Hahn where he talked about patience, and how they were going to be doing what they are currently doing. It doesn't matter. He is hopeless.

Sure you did and I don't dispute what he said. I also replied that what did you expect him to say? Did anyone really think that he would say that Reinny told him to get rid of players to cut payroll? Come-on Gus. Patience? Really?

They right now have three legit major league players on their team and one is likely to go within the week. You think that this is just peachy? Good for you. I think that Reinny sucks as an owner. I watched two innings of the Dodgers manhandling the Sox. Pathetic and I hate it. The pitching staff which has been their mainstay for a long long time is depleted of any current major league talent. Pathetic. This is on Reinny, Gus, and a guy as smart as you should know it.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Yeah, this is a bad team right now, but somehow they're still enjoyable to watch. Maybe it's me forcing myself to support a team I know will be bad for years in hopes of a successful rebuild; or maybe it's just that Renteria has them playing the game the right way and going hard every game.
Most promising thing for me is your last point. These guys go hard. Says to me that Renteria can get players to buy in. Which is huge. Despite all the losing, they don't quit and keep battling. YUGE.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Sure you did and I don't dispute what he said. I also replied that what did you expect him to say? Did anyone really think that he would say that Reinny told him to get rid of players to cut payroll? Come-on Gus. Patience? Really?

They right now have three legit major league players on their team and one is likely to go within the week. You think that this is just peachy? Good for you. I think that Reinny sucks as an owner. I watched two innings of the Dodgers manhandling the Sox. Pathetic and I hate it. The pitching staff which has been their mainstay for a long long time is depleted of any current major league talent. Pathetic. This is on Reinny, Gus, and a guy as smart as you should know it.
Again, Jerry is 81 years old, how much time do you think he has left? Do you really think at the age of 81 he's interested in a rebuild? I don't. This is all about Rick Hahn convincing Jerry about a plan.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Hahn just stacked 10 top 100 prospects (actually 10 top 70) for the first time since they've started recording minor league prospect rankings like this.

And that list doesn't include Burger, Basabe, Burdi (hopefully recovers from Tommy John), Dunning, Hansen, Sheets, etc.

Plus whoever they pick top 3 (hopefully 1st or 2nd) in 2018and possibly a high pick in 2019 as well.

He has arguably the #1 fielding, pitching and outfield prospect. Moncada, Kopech, Jimenez.

I don't see how you can bitch or complain or be underwhelmed with what Hahn has done here unless you are just a miserable fuck.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You would be hard pressed to find any baseball expert alive right now that doesn't think Hahn is winning this season with what he has done. If you can't see that Kenny Williams was always trying to win that year, and now Rick Hahn is trying to win for the next 10 years, then nobody can help you.

Then noone can help me, Gus. I don't care. What I do know is that the White Sox are the Worst team in the AL and have two legit major league players (assuming that Cabrera leaves soon). Lets see, Gus. that two legit major league players also includes.....guess what, THEIR FUCKING PITCHING STAFF. I am fucking amazed that someone actually cannot understand how BAD this roster is.

I have asked several times before but no one has answered as to:

1. What is the 2018 starting rotation for your Chicago White Sox?

2 Who are the two set-up guys in the bull-pen?

3. Who is the closer?

4. What is your opening day line-up?

Come-on all of you Reinny believers. All of this bullshit about how smart the Sox were to get all of these "prospects" is great. So after all of these great deals, how do you fill your line-up cards?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree, did the same with the Cubs, despite the record. Now he should bench Anderson for a week as punishment for that half assed stroll to 1st on his double play bunt!! Never hurts to send the player a message, no matter how young he is.

Anderson is headed to be a bust. I hate his fundamentals at short-stop. He makes routine plays harder than they are because he is late to the ball.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Then noone can help me, Gus. I don't care. What I do know is that the White Sox are the Worst team in the AL and have two legit major league players (assuming that Cabrera leaves soon). Lets see, Gus. that two legit major league players also includes.....guess what, THEIR FUCKING PITCHING STAFF. I am fucking amazed that someone actually cannot understand how BAD this roster is.

3. Who is the closer?

Come-on all of you Reinny believers. All of this bullshit about how smart the Sox were to get all of these "prospects" is great. So after all of these great deals, how do you fill your line-up cards?
Nobody thinks they'll be competing in 2018. Stop looking short-term.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What a stupid insult. I have an opinion that this isn't about anything other than Reinny's failure to put a contender onto the field and the evidence is clear that he doesn't spend the money. Even Brett's attempt to prove me wrong about the money he spends SHOWED CLEARLY that he is one of the cheapest owners in baseball. Period. What do you say to the White Sox having such a low pay-roll?

Here's another chart to help you read better and show you how wrong you are on spending.
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/extras/payrolls/

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I think Hahn has done a nice job retooling the roster for the future!! As for this last trade, All 3 for Rutherford? Sorry, spells monetary relief to me. JMO.

If you think all they got was Rutehrford, I'd say you aren't seeing this properly.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Some fans have become brainwashed by 15 years of Kenny Williams going "all in". Other than holding up the city of Chicago for a stadium, my main beef with Reinsdorf is Bulls related. Brett posted a link that shows that Reinsdorf has actually over spent the last 15 years when you consider his attendance. Top third in payroll, lower third in attendance.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

3. Who is the closer?

Look at it as an investment. The team is finally looking to the future. Kenny did what he did. He wanted to prolong the rebuild as long as possible. That was his tactic. I think that he started to realize his way was not working and let Hahn have at it. Now the future is bright.

Are you not ok with sacrificing '18 and likely '19 for a chance to be good for 5-7 years after that? Building a farm gives you consistency which the team has lacked for years.

Even your hero Hawk loves what Hahn is doing. Is he wrong to?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I mean look, I know/understand not all rebuilds alike, but I think about what Theo said in regards to the Cubs: "The more we get into the playoffs, the more chances we have to win a World Series" (paraphrased).

This is what I see the Sox trying to do. If you can't buy into that, then I don't know what to tell you.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Look at it as an investment. The team is finally looking to the future. Kenny did what he did. He wanted to prolong the rebuild as long as possible. That was his tactic. I think that he started to realize his way was not working and let Hahn have at it. Now the future is bright.

Are you not ok with sacrificing '18 and likely '19 for a chance to be good for 5-7 years after that? Building a farm gives you consistency which the team has lacked for years.

Even your hero Hawk loves what Hahn is doing. Is he wrong to?

Yes he is.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Okay, Gus. So name your 2019 opening line-up, starting five, set-up guys and closer. What do you think their record will be in 2019? As for 2018, I predict that they will not win 70 games.