Report: White Sox to send Robertson, Frazier, Kahnle to Yankees

Ron Burgundy

ct-white-sox-todd-frazier-free-agency-20170217.jpg

Chicago White Sox general manager Rick Hahn isn't done dealing just days after sending Jose Quintana to the Chicago Cubs.Hahn has reportedly struck a deal with the New York Yankees that will send David Robertson, Todd Frazier and Tommy Kahnle. In exchange, the White Sox will receive four players back in the deal highlighted by the number 30 overall prospect. https://twitter.com/BNightengale/st...com/BNightengale/status/887499430886166528The move isn't finalized yet as he teams are close to nearing a deal and it could happen at anytime Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. If the White Sox do strike the deal, it will just add to their already loaded farm system that Hahn has built.

More...

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
in exchange for outfield prospect Blake Rutherford, left-handed pitching prospect Ian Clarkin, outfield prospect Tito Polo and veteran right-hander Tyler Clippard.

Pretty good return for sox

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its a done deal. They gone. Can't wait until 2020 when Rutherford is projected to be ready to maybe play in the majors. The stupid part in this deal was giving one of the best young set-up guys in the majors away in this zeal to get "prospects.

Hahn can now sit on his heels and go on vacation for 2-3 years because his wholesale sale of pretty much all of their talent is gone with the exception of Abreau and Garcia. They'll have to give Cabrera gone because he makes too much money also. And don't let anyone tell me that this was not all about getting to a pathetic pay-roll level. Welcome to the San Diego Padres of the American League.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Polo and Rutherford both have base stealing, and Polo is a lefty hitting .307.

We got a first round pick who is doing well enough down below. So they added some more core with speed, the pitcher is an acceptable off-set to Kanyle on a better timetable, as they weren't going to pay him probably.

I am ok with this one....like Hahn said, he could have sold them all separately and gotten greater volume of prospects. He wanted Rutherford and so that is how this one will be graded.

No more thoughts of Anderson to OF. Its Rutherford, Robert, Jiminez in 2019/2020. Fast. Rangy. Bats. Left/right solid. Exciting like a twins outfield of old to cut down on holes.

Moncada/Anderson up the middle. Abreu/Robinson on the corners.

DH/C situation still materializing but many positions look like potential to make more deals from strength if any more guys work out than listed above.

White Sox MUST be leading the farm game by now. Do we have an Altuve/Correa in there? If we keep Abreu it is likely we are in the ballpark and have just as much depth surrounding a couple studs.

We will have to keep in mind just how bad the Astros were about 4-5 years ago next year. And like has been mentioning, trust we have always developed pitching.

My wish is just that by 2020-2021-2022 they have a new owner who is willing to spend to finish this thing or its all for not. It almost always requires buying an ace, developing one, buying a stud bullpen guy, developing one, buying a moderate veteran starter, developing one, and being willing to round it all out with that 3B, DH, or C bat that will complete the final puzzle when its possible to determine the biggest weakness.

The outfield looks good to me, Anderson regressed, and Abreu is still a trade risk. We'll see...but the future is for sure bright, maybe the brightest around the league outside Houston/Dodgers and a couple others peaking now that also have farms and much more money to spend.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Jerry has spent money when it's been appropriate. I have no idea where this notion that he won't comes from.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This is how I look at it trade away what won't be relevant to the team in three years. Collect as many assets as possible. Some will work out, some will bust, and some will be traded when we are ready to compete. I don't get why this is so hard to accept especially with how dull the sox have been for years with a plan that was straight up failing

We don't get the blockbuster type sherzer signings but they do spend it just ends up unwisely. I guess you miss the sox that sign guys like Dunn and trade for guys like shields .....

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Sox are doing it right. They have overhauled the farm in a 1 year process. The Yanks did this when they had the worst farm and a old team and cap concerns. Sox are following suit even to a higher degree.

Having good teams in Chicago is a good thing. And the Sox are building long term.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Sox are doing it right. They have overhauled the farm in a 1 year process. The Yanks did this when they had the worst farm and a old team and cap concerns. Sox are following suit even to a higher degree.

Having good teams in Chicago is a good thing. And the Sox are building long term.
I'm not sure I want this, but it would be great to meet in the playoffs again in this city.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure I want this, but it would be great to meet in the playoffs again in this city.

You guys will need 2 D minded top ended game calling Catchers for the young staff. That staff will be talented but will need guidence

They promoted Mocena. Not sure if that was too wise starting his clock yet. Their core is still developing.

Outside of that it is just time. If they sign/retain vets it should be for leadership while the core matures. The kids will take you forward but you need other elements that don't show up on the stats.

Still it would be nice to see a cross town. Or even a even/odd year thing

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They've got ten prospects in the top 70 and you are bitching?

Yeah, I am bitching. They have a terrible team on the field. I really like Hahn and think that he has done a good job getting as much as he has from this house cleaning ordered by Reinny. But I am sad to know that my team is now the San Diego Padres of the AL. They are garbage. I think that this was all done to cut payroll while selling a promise of future glory and odds are that this will not work. Think as you and other may about high draft picks emerging into future stars, baseball just doesn't work that way. There is an enormous amount of pure luck involved in any player coming out of college or the pros and even making a major league team let alone thriving in the majors. Personally I have had several of players that I have coached become 1st and other high draft picks and not made it through one reason or the other.

It might be different if the White Sox had a solid minor league development track record but they have not other than pitching so pardon me if I doubt that this talent in the system matures into successful major league players. Truthfully, the one thing which I will credit the White Sox for is the signing of the Latin American kids that they have and have more confidence in those kids making it than the kids that they have either drafted themselves or traded for as in Garcia.

So we will see. Any estimate of how many folks will flock to the ball park next year to see this new Reinny "product". I bet tens of people show up:(

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yeah, enjoy those "good" Chicago teams...........The Bears suck. The Bulls suck. The White Sox suck. Two shitty owners. Three shitty teams. And you just do not get the correlation between shit owner and shit teams.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They've got ten prospects in the top 70 and you are bitching?

Who is in your 2018 pitching rotation next year? Who are your relief pitchers next year? Who is your starting CF, 3B, DH, LF, and C next year? Lets play a game. Assume that Cabrera gets traded and assume that they get a B level minor league player for him and assume that your player roster is who is presently in your major and minor league system. Who goes onto the field in 2018 as the starting five in the pitching rotation? Who are your best two set-up pitchers and your closer? And please give us your 2018 starting line-up as you take the field.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I am bitching. They have a terrible team on the field. I really like Hahn and think that he has done a good job getting as much as he has from this house cleaning ordered by Reinny. But I am sad to know that my team is now the San Diego Padres of the AL. They are garbage. I think that this was all done to cut payroll while selling a promise of future glory and odds are that this will not work. Think as you and other may about high draft picks emerging into future stars, baseball just doesn't work that way. There is an enormous amount of pure luck involved in any player coming out of college or the pros and even making a major league team let alone thriving in the majors. Personally I have had several of players that I have coached become 1st and other high draft picks and not made it through one reason or the other.

It might be different if the White Sox had a solid minor league development track record but they have not other than pitching so pardon me if I doubt that this talent in the system matures into successful major league players. Truthfully, the one thing which I will credit the White Sox for is the signing of the Latin American kids that they have and have more confidence in those kids making it than the kids that they have either drafted themselves or traded for as in Garcia.

So we will see. Any estimate of how many folks will flock to the ball park next year to see this new Reinny "product". I bet tens of people show up:(

I have a question.

Did you enjoy the retooling that Kenny was doing every year? Because that is the alternative.

It was, get excited for new season and by all-star break realize the team was shit and we have no hope.

Did you honestly prefer that or do you just bitch and whine because that's who you are?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Yeah, this is a bad team right now, but somehow they're still enjoyable to watch. Maybe it's me forcing myself to support a team I know will be bad for years in hopes of a successful rebuild; or maybe it's just that Renteria has them playing the game the right way and going hard every game.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, this is a bad team right now, but somehow they're still enjoyable to watch. Maybe it's me forcing myself to support a team I know will be bad for years in hopes of a successful rebuild; or maybe it's just that Renteria has them playing the game the right way and going hard every game.

I agree. Its a bad team but they fight and are fun to watch for the most part.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have a question.

Fair enough.

Did you enjoy the retooling that Kenny was doing every year? Because that is the alternative.

No I did not enjoy the re-tooling that Williams was doing. However, remember something. They did win it all in 2005. And what is this crap about the "only alternative" was continuing the Williams half measures way. Also this "Re-tooling" didn't go nearly far enough because Reinny would not spend the money to have a contender every year. Reinny IS THE PROBLEM.

It was, get excited for new season and by all-star break realize the team was shit and we have no hope.

They had several chances to be contenders in the ten plus years but what did Reinny do? Answer....... bringing in aging and limited talent veterans hoping to suck a couple of miracle years out of them, hiring bargain basement managers like Ventura and Renteria (yeah I said it which will further piss you Reinny zealots off:))

Did you honestly prefer that or do you just bitch and whine because that's who you are?

What a stupid insult. I have an opinion that this isn't about anything other than Reinny's failure to put a contender onto the field and the evidence is clear that he doesn't spend the money. Even Brett's attempt to prove me wrong about the money he spends SHOWED CLEARLY that he is one of the cheapest owners in baseball. Period. What do you say to the White Sox having such a low pay-roll?

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a stupid insult. I have an opinion that this isn't about anything other than Reinny's failure to put a contender onto the field and the evidence is clear that he doesn't spend the money. Even Brett's attempt to prove me wrong about the money he spends SHOWED CLEARLY that he is one of the cheapest owners in baseball. Period. What do you say to the White Sox having such a low pay-roll?
Do you think anything that is happening right now is good for the organization?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Lets see. I went to a local place to have dinner and I watched the Sox against the Dodgers. I listened to the Dodgers fans laugh their asses off about the "team" they were facing. The Sox, right now have three legitimate major league position players...... Abreau, Garcia, and Cabrera. The rest of this team is crap. That is six holes to fill. Enjoy your White Sox.