Rookie QBs

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who will be the first to start? Who is in the best situation?

Mitch Trubisky
Competition: Mike Glennon
This is an odd situation, because even if Mitch looks like the better QB in camp and throughout preseason he might not be named the starter. Mike Glennon is getting paid 18 million dollars and I think that cements him in as the starting QB. There are some questions about both starting Tackle but overall the offensive line has a chance to be really good. The Wide Receiver position is the biggest question mark on the team. I think Kevin White will shape the WR squad. If White can perform like he was projected to then they will be a good squad. If White can’t stay on the field or isn’t one of the top two receivers on the team then they are going to be bad. The Running back and TEs should both be very strong units. Overall I think Trubisky is coming into a young offense that is only 1 or 2 pieces away from being very good.

Patrick Mahomes
Competition: Alex Smith
He is in the perfect situation. He was the most physical gifted QB then needed the most work. There is almost no chance of him starting for the next 2 years and he get to work with Andy Reid in that time. It is hard to say what the Chiefs team will look like when Patrick is ready to take over, but if they keep the Coaches and FO together there is no reason to think they aren’t going to be competitive. If he does live up to his potential then the AFCW is instantly going to be the best division in the NFL with Mahome, Derick Carr, and Paxton Lynch.

Deshaun Watson
Competition: Tom Savage
Immediately after Watson was drafted the Texans came out and said Tom Savage is our QB. I personal can’t see that lasting much more than 4 weeks. Texans schedule is tuff, their first 6 games are;
Vs Jags –easy win for Savage
@ Bengals –This will be a close game and I have to go with the better QB
@ Patriots – I seriously think Pats will go undefeated. Texans start out 1-2
Vs Titans – Titans are one of the most improved teams and I’m betting they will win the AFCS
Houston fans are pissed starting out 1-3
Vs Chief – Tom Savage is booed coming out of the tunnel and loses all confidence by half time.
Vs Browns – At home against the Browns what a perfect time to start Watson.

I think Watson plays the final 11 games of the season. He faces Browns, Seahawks, Colts, Rams, Cards, Ravens, Titans, SF, Jags, Steelers, and the Colts. Wins the bolded teams, Texans finish 6-10.

I think this is the year that Huston’s wheels starts the major decline. They already lost RT Derrick Newton, NT Wilfolk, FS Demps, CB AJ Bouye. Those guys all were key starters. They didn’t really sign or draft any replacements. The Watson pick costed their future 1st round pick as well. If one of their skill players get hurt they are in BIG trouble.

Anyone who think Watson is in a great situation is buying fool’s gold. I kind of feel bad for him, this might be the worst place to be draft other then Cleveland. He is going to be expected to return this team to the playoffs. But, not only did the Texans lose the most in the offseason and did nothing to improve, but they mortgaged their future moving up for the QB. All the other teams in their division had Great offseasons. I think the Titians (with their offense Decker, Corey Davis, Taywan Talor) and Colts (with their much improved defense and GM FS Hooker, CB Quincy Wilson, NT Johnathan Hankins) will be very competitive over the next couple years.

I still have to do Peterman, Kizer, Webb, and Chad Kelly.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Kizer will be the first to start and Watson is in the best situation. Cleveland has yet to name their starting QB.

Do you think the 2017 Texans > 2016 Texans?

I think they took a couple steps backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you think the 2017 Texans > 2016 Texans?

I think they took a couple steps backwards.

Getting rid of Brock Lobster was a huge win, although Savage didn't look any better. They lost AJ Bouye, but they are getting Watt back.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Getting rid of Brock Lobster was a huge win, although Savage didn't look any better. They lost AJ Bouye, but they are getting Watt back.

That also lost Demps who played excellent for them and the big NT Wilfork who played very well. And they didn't replace these guys.

Watt coming back isn't that big of a deal because the guy who filled in for him also played very well. So even though it's an upgrade it is not a huge upgrade.

Last year they only won 9 games and six of those games were against Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Chicago, and Detroit.

I just can't see them winning more than six games.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Kizer will be the first to start and Watson is in the best situation. Cleveland has yet to name their starting QB.

Agree.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
That also lost Demps who played excellent for them and the big NT Wilfork who played very well. And they didn't replace these guys.

Watt coming back isn't that big of a deal because the guy who filled in for him also played very well. So even though it's an upgrade it is not a huge upgrade.

Last year they only won 9 games and six of those games were against Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Chicago, and Detroit.

They also beat the Chiefs and if they didn't have a complete turd at QB they could have beat the SB champions in the playoffs. It was 17-13 at halftime. Osweiller had a 57% completion percentage and 3 picks in that game. He is easily what held them back from more wins last year. With what that team has at WR, RB and D there's no doubt in my mind that Watson wins the starting QB spot easily. He's a rookie and he's a MASSIVE upgrade over Osweiller and even Savage.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:

You do realize that Watt is a 3 time defensive player of the year, only player other than Reggie White to have 3 seasons with 17 or more sacks, and all that in his first 5 seasons(last year he was out), but you think he's not a huge upgrade?

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
Watson has as much experience in a Pro style offense as Trubisky. His entire career dating back to HS was spent in the same Spread system. He hasn't called a play or taken snaps from center much if at all. So he has as steep a learning curve as Trubisky or Mahomes.

To just assume he is going to start instantly or even within the first few weeks of the season is a huge undertaking.
It is entirely possible that it happens but not an automatic...