Return of Rose?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Steve Francis refused to change his game too. Rose came right off the injuries, in the preseason and started landing awkwardly going up against 7 footers, in the fucking preseason. This guy is damaged in the head. He needs to change his game, penetrate and dish and look for assists not for the rim.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This should be good for Rose. The barometer for him though is the eastern conference finals, fair or not.

If he fails to make it he will be deemed less than good enough to win a championship. He has always been clutch though, which makes him a fit for Lebron. If anything, he is a defensive upgrade, and similar to Irving in that he is a ball handling iso scoring point guard who essentially allows Lebron to take plays off rather than work in concert.

I'm happy for Rose, just to get close to Lebron and his training techniques. Lebron will try to get him right, and knows alot more about training than Rose seems to. Rose just knows jump shot. jump shot. jump shot. rest my frail body.

If Rose tapped back into his natural athleticism, fuck man...at one time he was able to take out Lebron, Bosh, and Wade in their prime at 6'3" as his teams offensive focal point. We didn't see anybody else do that. Nobody else did to them what Rose did alone. 2 shots go different, even 1 rebound, and he takes a playoff series the distance with them and who knows.

I don't think his knees are gone, I think he plays scared. He had everything to lose. Now he see's he has lost it. Which frees him and makes him a dangerous man. Time to "earn" a contract again, not just keep breathing because he would magically get a max.

hahahahahahaha. Best part about all those comments from Rose...him playing for his "next contract" and all this fucking shit. He gets there and he gets the vet minimum in a cap paradise. hahahahahaahahahha lol

you can't make this shit up. He has his boys future to think of....lol. You was thinking about that next vet minimum? Total fail. Played and talked his way from mega max to same as a D-league call up.

The whole time, from day 1, when the Bulls took care of him his attitude should have been this team already took care of me. I'll give them the skin off my back, my knees 30 years from now and 3 years from now, whatever. I'm set for life, I'll give everything I got.

We paid him the max, and we got "I have to think about my next contract." 3-4 years away.

Absolutely and this was all on Bull's management for the entire way that they handled him. Rose was/is a totally selfish me first player but his problem got amplified more because he was so up front and honest about it which points out how fucking stupid he really is:(

But in addition to being selfish and stupid, he also was lazy as in not even trying to improve himself as a player, especially when it comes to shooting and assisting. Yeah the guy had a couple of bad injuries, but his failure to improve on the areas where he was weak in are an indictment on him, not just bad luck.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm interested to see how they split the minutes between Rose and Calderon. Calderon is the better shooter/passer, but Rose if healthy is certainly a better scorer and offense creator. I imagine Rose won't necessarily be seeing 40+ all things considered. I am curious to see what the Cavs will get for Irving.

They really need another serious playmaker to even sniff the warriors if Irving leaves. Hell, Boston is going to be a very tough out in the East with Hayward now.

AussieBear

I'm interested to see how they split the minutes between Rose and Calderon. Calderon is the better shooter/passer, but Rose if healthy is certainly a better scorer and offense creator. I imagine Rose won't necessarily be seeing 40+ all things considered. I am curious to see what the Cavs will get for Irving.

They really need another serious playmaker to even sniff the warriors if Irving leaves. Hell, Boston is going to be a very tough out in the East with Hayward now.

if kyrie is forced to stay, rose will be instant offense off the bench. if kyrie goes, rose will need to learn to play off lebron.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Absolutely and this was all on Bull's management for the entire way that they handled him. Rose was/is a totally selfish me first player but his problem got amplified more because he was so up front and honest about it which points out how fucking stupid he really is:(

But in addition to being selfish and stupid, he also was lazy as in not even trying to improve himself as a player, especially when it comes to shooting and assisting. Yeah the guy had a couple of bad injuries, but his failure to improve on the areas where he was weak in are an indictment on him, not just bad luck.

I really dont agree with all of this. I was pretty sure Rose started out wanting to be a point guard. When there was no offense he was forced to shoot. Once he got that taste he was not letting it go.

I wont doubt they plan to play all of them together. Kyrie, Rose, LeRoy, Love, Thompson. Rose will be first to the bench with those knees while Kyrie stays in to run the second unit, then rose replaces kyrie back and forth til they are all in at the end in close games.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really dont agree with all of this. I was pretty sure Rose started out wanting to be a point guard. When there was no offense he was forced to shoot. Once he got that taste he was not letting it go.

I wont doubt they plan to play all of them together. Kyrie, Rose, LeRoy, Love, Thompson. Rose will be first to the bench with those knees while Kyrie stays in to run the second unit, then rose replaces kyrie back and forth til they are all in at the end in close games.

To me, Rose never tried to improve his game while other star players made it a practice of getting better all of the time. Adding things along as they got older. Not Rose. He came into the league as an electric slasher to the basket and had amazing hops. But he was not a good shooter from the outside when he came up and still isn't. He also never developed anykind of post-up ability. That is 100% on him. Getting injured is one thing and that certainly wasn't his fault. But his me first selfish attitude really turned me off about him as a person and that wore out his welcome in Chicago.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
if kyrie is forced to stay, rose will be instant offense off the bench. if kyrie goes, rose will need to learn to play off lebron.

I would imagine so. I really don't see Kyrie staying on the team at this point, but I guess it depends on if a team has a proper offer for him. The Cavs still want to be in good position for a championship, even after losing Kyrie.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Tracy McGrady
Penny Hardaway
Brandon Roy
Jamal Mashburn
Grant Hill

Think about it. Derrick Rose is on that list. The smarter the person, the more salvageable the career. Heck, Grant Hill is considered the smartest player on that list and he is one of those rare examples of someone still being able to play an elite game when needed. It's no coincidence.

Derrick Rose is on the MLE because he is going to play a MLE role. He is only a big minutes player out of desperation. Rose is likely the least smart of the examples we have to go off of. He works hard to make up for that fact, but has shown little evidence that he is capable of evolving his game beyond the point of reliability concerns.

And yes, I know, I know. Throwing any form of comparison or list gets derailed by people who want to argue who is on or off the list, who can be added, etc. I wasn't trying to make an all encompassing list or trying to be extra precise. Just pointing out the strong praxeological correlations.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Which is it? In the first sentence you blame management, but the rest of your post are all things that blame Rose.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rose working out with Lebron in Vegas or some shit.

That is what I wanted to hear. Lebron personally taking ownership of Rose's conditioning and training routine. This might be the only way to get me to root for Lebron. If it coincided with a true come back of Rose. I'd like to see Rose become the prodigal son or something after Lebron walks from Cleveland.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rose is the perfect fit for Cleveland... He can just sit back and hit three's.... No?

Glad he didn't re land in Chicago.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Which is it? In the first sentence you blame management, but the rest of your post are all things that blame Rose.

Both. Bulls management let him get away with his bull shit. When the guy was cleared to play, they should have not paid him if he didn't play. He dogged it. That was on him. Big tough John Paxson wussed out on Rose and Rose couldn't give a shit in not supporting his teammates.

AussieBear

normally id cheer fo da rose.. but da cavs wiff lebron is juss too much fo me... hope rose does well.. wont hate if rose gets a ring.. but i dont care much for da lebron.. started wiff da im taking my talents to souff beach.. and he always be throwing his teammates under da bus... ie... look at me stats... i did me job... i need mo help...i aint play on no superteams.... da difference between jordan and lebron is leadership imo.. jordan was a general... lebron be a colonel... dey both great players.. juss dat leadership side.. be y lebron has 4-5? title loses.. and y kyrie wants ta leave

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video]https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/889952468779450368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles %2F2724232-stephon-marbury-calls-derrick-roses-21-million-contract-a-crime[/video]

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
steph marbury crying to whoever hears about Rose being cheated, lol.

Rose has been the most overpaid to performance player since Barry Zito cashed in and decided his curveball delivery was too hard on his elbow and he would stop throwing cy young nose to toes curveballs that earned him the big payday.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
steph marbury crying to whoever hears about Rose being cheated, lol.

Rose has been the most overpaid to performance player since Barry Zito cashed in and decided his curveball delivery was too hard on his elbow and he would stop throwing cy young nose to toes curveballs that earned him the big payday.

And before that, he was one of the most underpaid. He was making below league average during his three best seasons.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It's pretty simple. Calderon will be a DNP a lot of games if Irving is still there. Rose is too good not to be on the court over him.