Kyrie Irving wants a new team

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is no more leading a team in this league.

I actually give Kyrie some credit for not wanting to go make millions with his friends on a team that almost looks like you bring your buddies to the Y for a saturday tournament. Of course, he needs to realize that it could be his team, no other superstars and they will finish under .500 and squeak into the playoffs.

This is just crazy time with this league. They really need to pressure the owners to stop allowing the inmates run the asylum. These 200 million dollar deals are going to be common place and the way this league is going I dont doubt a long strike upcoming anyway.

I was talking with some buddies yesterday about his same subject and to a person they agreed that the way that players are given free reign to decide who wins what in the NBA is fucked up. I really do not know where this is going but it cannot be good for the future of NBA basketball in the great percentage of franchises. Who will continue to pay to watch a home-town team that has no chance to winning a title?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I actually give Kyrie some credit for not wanting to go make millions with his friends on a team that almost looks like you bring your buddies to the Y for a saturday tournament.

I totally agree with the sentiment. But I'm not sure that Kyrie is taking the noble approach and think he has selfish reasons to go with the Branbran sidekick treatment.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kyrie not good enough to lead a team to the championship by himself. His record is sub .500 without Lebron James.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kyrie not good enough to lead a team to the championship by himself. His record is sub .500 without Lebron James.

No he isn't. However, I can see why he wouldn't want to play with Lebron and company. He is approaching the prime of his career and wants to be the main guy on a team. Nothing is wrong with that. Lebron changed everything regarding his career.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't picture a team that contends for a championship if he's the main guy. I guess the Timberwolves would be a decent team for him...but I assume the Cavs would want some significant players back.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Kyrie wanted(maybe still does) to play with Jimmy.

That means he is not trying to win a championship alone. Now maybe he is delusional and thinks he needs to be the #1 option, but the real point is and has been that him and LeBron do not want to play with each other. On paper it's like Westbrook and KD, but we all know the personalities don't match so the whole situation is different. Almost reversed, except Kyrie is not as good as any of the aforementioned.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The way Houston can bend over the Knicks is pathetic. They even have a third buyer in Portland to drive up the price to near fair, but Melo won't let them.

Or why won't Melo go to Cleveland for a year? Clevelend has a title shot with him and then if Lebron opted out would be in full sell mode with Melo. It could up his stock.