Grasu's Future...

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bears center Hroniss Grasu missed all of last season after tearing his ACL in August, and now it’s up in the air whether he’ll play another down for the team, suggests JJ Stankevitz of CSN Chicago. Grasu’s old starting job now belongs to Cody Whitehair, who more than held his own as a rookie after shifting from guard to center in the wake of Grasu’s injury. So, if the Bears only keep eight offensive lineman this year, it may lead to Grasu’s demise. The 25-year-old was a third-round pick in 2015, when he started in all of his appearances, though a neck injury limited him to eight games that season.
RETWEETSHARESEND VIA EMAIL

https://www.profootballrumors.com/

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Cody's found his spot so Grasu seems superfluous if he can't be a solid G as well but what if Massie goes down? Whitehair may be our best RT as well and with Grasu at C may make our best 5. Not saying it's so but it's the sort of thought process that could keep Grasu's viable.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think Cody's found his spot so Grasu seems superfluous if he can't be a solid G as well but what if Massie goes down? Whitehair may be our best RT as well and with Grasu at C may make our best 5. Not saying it's so but it's the sort of thought process that could keep Grasu's viable.
Kush?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah... knowing the Bear's luck, he'll probably get picked up by another team and in another year hold down their center position for 8 more years. LOL

Maybe they can show him off enough to make him appear like a starting center in the preseason that they can get someone to give them a 6th or 7th for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DC

Bears GM

Liked Posts:
Yeah... knowing the Bear's luck, he'll probably get picked up by another team and in another year hold down their center position for 8 more years. LOL

Maybe they can show him off enough to make him appear like a starting center in the preseason that they can get someone to give them a 6th or 7th for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They need to keep Grasu

Reactions: DC

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Move Cody to LT. Sure yell at me I don't care, we don't need our best Olineman at C. Grasu can handle C. I don't care if Codys arms are a half inch short, the guy can ball and handle any position. Yes he was good at C, he will be good at any position.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Center is the second most important position on the line, and if you are running an offense that is mostly 3 step drops, then it is the most important position. Whitehair did a great job, so leave him there. Kush is versitale and can play center, so I think Grasu is on the outside looking in.

In order to have some trade value he must have shown some potential or at least played well at some point, and he played poorly when he got the opportunity.

Hate to get nothing from a third round pick, but the best teams do not linger just because of draft status. If you keep a guy on the roster because of draft position in a third year, it hurts the team.

He will need to win the Center starting job in camp and preseason if he has any chance of staying on the team.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Move Cody to LT. Sure yell at me I don't care, we don't need our best Olineman at C. Grasu can handle C. I don't care if Codys arms are a half inch short, the guy can ball and handle any position. Yes he was good at C, he will be good at any position.

And do what with Leno? Leno has been a fine LT and was actually very solid last year. If he has another season like he did last year, pay him and solidify the position.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
He could be a trade candidate if a teams starting C goes down.

I would hate moving Whitehair. He was sensational at C last season.

How long has it been since the Bears had an Oline (including depth) this good? Know they aren't perfect, but serious question.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:

Lol.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I agree and if Grasu comes to be a solid cneter it is a nice problem to have(now that is a BIG IF). I also agree with you that Whitehair could very well be a good right tackle and is just a second year player so moving him to tackle is not as strange as some may see. He(Whitehair) graded out high as a college tackle and he played a lot of tackle in college.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He could be a trade candidate if a teams starting C goes down.

I would hate moving Whitehair. He was sensational at C last season.

I like Sitton but can he stay healthy? He's admitted to not being able to keep his weight down and last season his gut was looking sloppy which I think contributed to his injuries. He wasn't as mobile with the extra weight resulting in extra strain on knees and ankle plus usually the core is stressed resulting in back issues. If he goes down having HG could be a good thing.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Absolutely silly to assume that. I mean, look how spectacular Long was at RT right?????

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed on keeping Grasu. Offensive lineman sometimes take a while to find their grove. And there is no shame in being a guard, ask Kyle Long.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
What? you don't think he is our best guy? Who then?

I don't disagree that Whitehair is our best offensive lineman; I just think moving Whitehair to Tackle because "we shouldn't have our best lineman at Center" is not a great way to look at things. Bears fans of all people should know that you can't just move offensive linemen out of position and expect it to work out. We've played this game repeatedly over the past decade.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Absolutely silly to assume that. I mean, look how spectacular Long was at RT right?????
Long got thrown to T at the last second with no warning or practice, if left there he would be a stud in 2 years at that position or any position on the line. The guys that can play, can play. Really think position is the real factor? I don't.